The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think The Mantis Is Too Easy To Get Now

Ferdynan

To be fair some people want to actually play the game. I'm glad someone is supporting DE by buying loading screen cosmetics but I'll pass. 

Grinding for a load screen cosmetic makes about as much sense as paying for one.

I'd have to go out of my way to get these parts since I've never bothered looking for rare orokin containers thus far.

To be fair some people want to actually play the game. I'm glad someone is supporting DE by buying loading screen cosmetics but I'll pass. 

Yeah and instead of asking to content to enjoy, they would rather grind loading screen.

If de made story quest chain with lets say 20 missions which introduces whole concept of landing crafts and backstory behind them(or at least reason why ordis became obsolete enough to exchange him for mantis) and serves as tutorial while awarding mantis i doubt anyone would complain.

I would love to have a reason to play but this is grind for the sake of grind and not meaningful content.

Edited by Davoodoo

I'm not trolling, is just my honest opinion. I'm a casual player like a couple of missions a day and I already had 3 mantis bps from last week (100% drop rate) and now that the parts started dropping I got engines on the first day. This makes me NOT EVEN CONSIDER PAYING for it, since now is 100% drop rate but for parts. Now people are saying is not 100% ok I hope they are being honest. Let's leave it at that.

On release : OMG MANTIS GRINDWALL HURRDURR HARD HARD HARD

After patch : OMG MANTIS 2 EASY LOOOL NOW EVERYONE HAS IT LOL SO EASY OMG NERF

Wtf?

Warframe community in a nutshell.

^

Got one part, drop rate too high! I'm unlucky and I got 0 cores from Triton, drop rate is obviously nerfed!

Triton core drop rate is untouched, check reddit, the actual chance to get a 5-pack of cores is 25% and it has been like that since triton had excavation mission.

always found it very amusing that the mantis is hidden behind so much rng when its so irrelevant it doesn't even warrant it 

compared to just normal health restores its useless, syndicate proc/lifestrike/furis restore redundancy, so its doubly amusing people want it so badly

at least put something desirable and useful behind something thats hard to get so it feels more rewarding ?

seriously feel sorry for anyone who spent plat or actively farms for this because the cost and time are massively disproportionate to the benefit it provides

now if we got some excellent air support options instead that would be a different story ofc  

Agree. I'm planning on giving DE feedback about this too.

I'm not trolling, is just my honest opinion. I'm a casual player like a couple of missions a day and I already had 3 mantis bps from last week (100% drop rate) and now that the parts started dropping I got engines on the first day. This makes me NOT EVEN CONSIDER PAYING for it, since now is 100% drop rate but for parts. Now people are saying is not 100% ok I hope they are being honest. Let's leave it at that.

I accidentally got the Engines BP on my first Corpus mission yesterday, before the update.

Your argument is invalid.

To invalidate it even further, the drop rate per mission is actually 1%, plus potentially 0.5% if the BP has a 50% drop chance, plus potentially 0.25% since you must search for it. Totally too easy, totally not massive RNG...riiiight...

Edited by Demon.King

I accidentally got the Engines BP on my first Corpus mission yesterday, before the update.

Your argument is invalid.

To invalidate it even further, the drop rate per mission is actually 1%, plus potentially 0.5% if the BP has a 50% drop chance, plus potentially 0.25% since you must search for it. Totally too easy, totally not massive RNG...riiiight...

lol what? "I accidentally got the Engines BP on my first Corpus mission yesterday, before the update." How did you got the engines accidentally? lol. And from that you follow that that argument is invalid? Really. What?

"To invalidate it even further, the drop rate per mission is actually 1%, plus potentially 0.5% if the BP has a 50% drop chance, plus potentially 0.25% since you must search for it." Did you datamined those values? Can you link proof? My pont was that, in my personal opinion, in less than a week you can get the Mantis, since I found 3 rare containers in a week of casual gameplay (not "camping" survival or def tho, I do like to explore a little) all with bps (100%) And now after the update I already have the engines from my first rare corpus container (100% IN MY EXPERIENCE) "I, ME" think is too easy since in my experience is 100% Mantis droprate. Maybe I'm just lucky, THAT'S WHY i ADDED: "Now people are saying is not 100% ok I hope they are being honest. Let's leave it at that." 

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is wrong with you?

"Today RNG rewarded me at random. This clearly indicates to me that it is too generous."

It's a rare occurrence for browsing the forums to actually make me smile, but this is one of those times. :)

Edited by Ailith

Buff n' Nerf culture is really starting to rustle my jimmies. I guess I will just stick to mid-tier stuff to break out of the monotony of meta-game and to avoid the Nerf and buff mentality.

Get a Sonicor. I still haven't stopped laughing. I started doing Defense and Survival - which I hate normally - just to punt enemies off the map. I'm having so much fun with it that I think DE will have to step in and do something to that gun.