The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Failed To Connect To Server Error.

(PSN)Tenchi145

Lately I have been having this issue more and more. I can not pinpoint exactly what is causing it but from most of my test it is no longer on my end. I have cycled both my modem and router, port forwarded the two ports required by warframe, placed my PS4 outside the firewall of my router, restarted the PS4, rebuilt the database, deleted the save data on my system, and redownloaded the entire Warframe game. After all of this I constantly see failed to connect errors even losing rewards and progress completely making this game a waste of time. This is almost remnisant of the blue screen crash and it is making me again want to stop playing. Sometimes it will happen mid game and lose connection to the host only to appear in my ship and get the unable to update account information progress was not saved. Then I get the failed to connect to server error and return to login screen where after about a minute or two I relogin and get ready to do a mission and get this extended wait time which I have learned means the failed to connect error is coming which 90% of the time does happen and again I'm looking at the login screen.DE I really have no more information than that but please could you look into this situation server side, because that is the only other option I have left. If you can think of anything I could do to try and alleviate this please inform me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If any of you are still having this issue, can you try using Google's DNS to see if it fixes the connection error for you? 

Go to your network settings on your PS4 and manually set your internet connection. Set your Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary to 8.8.4.4

Let me know. Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...

It's horrible right now, can't even connect today, barely at all the past week. Thanks for the tip to change the DNS servers to be Google. Unfortunately that does nothing is mine of already been set on that for a long time. At first I thought that was a joke of a suggestion and then I realized it was from somebody from DE which kind of makes me wonder what's going on over there

If it's wireless, maybe the router is too far from the ps4? I moved mine closer and mbps jumped dramatically.

You can also manually set internet connection. If you are unsure of dns etc and need to know your settings for router. Go on a computer that is connected to that router, open up command prompt and type "ipconfig/all" 

Also try to use LAN and if that solves the issue, then you can conclude that there is something with the wireless settings.

I just got logged out twice in the past couple of hours today. Just now I was doing Dark Sector defense with some clan mates, and I got kicked off the server right in the middle of wave 13. Lost a lot of resources...

This is seriously getting frustrating DE. Please fix this ASAP. Your game is almost unplayable, due to the terrible servers.

I began experiencing heavy connectivity issues at around the time U17 was released on consoles, and it's been consistently unstable ever since. Before that, I didn't get kicked off even once. And I know I'm not alone in this, some of my friends are experiencing the same issues.

Having similar issue. Since U18 went live I have experienced connection failure issues at the log in as well as after missions. I have run the same alert 3 times now and each time I do not receive the alert item and received a log in/account failure notification. I tried the DNS server change. Download speed averages at 45 MBPS upload at 4 MBPS with LAN connection. Please advise steps to cure this issue. Or is it an instability caused by the new update?

The issue has continued. More specifically every time I complete an alert or event per the mission tab I immediately receive a disconnection error. Also have had the same issue when fusing Mods, incubating a Kubrow and claiming items from the foundry. It appears that every time an action I take goes to update my account on the server it disconnects and crashes. I hope there is a fix for this soon.

Had disconnects last night (after 8pm PST). Couldn't stay connected to server, would log me out, then time out..... couldn't play for the rest of the evening after that. Just want to finish the last few quests of The Second Dream. Sheesh.

Had to go play another game :(

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is exactly what happens to me. I get on. I start playing for about and hour or 2. Then it kicks me off, telling me there was a problem connecting to the server. Then if I try again without closing the game, it either says login time suspended, or it lets me in and 5 minutes later kicks me. I've also reached the end of missions before and as my Tenno is getting in the ship, it fails. My Tenno will be in the end area where the cinematic would play, but he would just stand there. He would still be doing the stationary movements but I can't move him or the camera in any way.

Well, this post now marks a whole 16 hours of failed attempts to play today, managed to get two ~5 minute missions in the whole time...

Is this ever going to get resolved? I don't usually like to complain about this kind of stuff, but i'm currently waiting to take advantage of the 50 day login boosters, which does nothing but add to my continued frustration with all things always online (I understand, security and all that, but still....).

It happened to me today for no reason. Game just kicked from mission with failed to connect to server you'll be logged out message and now it's always connection failed try again message on very first screen with Nezha. I can monitor data exchange on router and I can see that warframe server doesn't respond at all. It's bit of data is sent from PS4 when you launch game and dead silence after.

• 4 weeks later...