Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frame Did You Hate, Try And Then Liked?

(PSN)SancticuS

I have all frames and I did have a strong distaste for Trinity for quite a long time. With her lobster tail and not a very exciting set of abilities she did not peek my interest even in the slightest. After acquiring her though that changed. She can do just about anything and she also have superb augments.Particularly Vampire Leech and Abaiting Link.

I have a loadout for Energy Vampire, Immortal solo build and Blessing build for raids. All those are useable for any content in the game and really shows how diverse and fun she actually can be. I still don't like her lobster behind but at least I can cover that with my Vanquished Banner.

Now for the one I did hate and still hate with furor after trying. That price goes to Hydroid. For me he just seems like a Davy Jones cash grab (Pirates of the caribbean) and has the most lackluster kit of them all. He can make it rain, traverse the map as a mini wave, soil himself, and spread tentacles he has no control of where goes around the map.

Most of his abilities prolong the time it takes to kill things and his one redeeming feature the Pilfering augment got nerfed away. Everytime I see him in a squad I cringe and rue the time his tentacles come to flay all the enemies and their loot all over the place. So for me he retained my hate without a hitch.

So which frames changed your view on them and which did not?

When I was new, I didn't think I'd like Vauban at all, but he's super-fun to play.

On the flip side, I thought I'd love Nekros, was so pumped for him, Forma'd him three times as soon as I got him (and for someone MR8-9, that's a big deal). Now I only pull him out for spamming Desecrate when I absolutely have to, just like everyone else, although Terrify is much better CC than many people seem to realize/give him credit for.

Problem is, Shadows of the Dead kinda sucks because the shadows don't move with you at all and just seem to hang out in the room you summoned them in. That means they're only good for Defense or possibly Interception, and other frames are much better for those types of missions.

I didn't really think I'd like hydroid. In reality all I really care for is his 1... but I REALLY like his 1...

On the flip side, I thought I'd love Nekros, was so pumped for him, Forma'd him three times as soon as I got him (and for someone MR8-9, that's a big deal). Now I only pull him out for spamming Desecrate when I absolutely have to, just like everyone else, although Terrify is much better CC than many people seem to realize/give him credit for.

Problem is, Shadows of the Dead kinda sucks because the shadows don't move with you at all and just seem to hang out in the room you summoned them in. That means they're only good for Defense or possibly Interception, and other frames are much better for those types of missions.

As a very happy user of Nekros I feel I need to ask- when was the last time you played Nekros? His shadows aren't SUPER mobile but they do follow me around decently, at least from room to room at a brisk pace.

Edited by Stratego89

Nova

The Mesa of her time, anything that MP touched...the caster got the kill on record.

You saw her...EVERYWHERE...when players were scrambling to earn a gold skull.

Since then MP has been toned down and her prime version is one of my favorite designs.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

I had Ember for well over a year but never really used her until recently. Even considered selling her at one point (I would normally never do that to a frame unless I absolutely had to). She's amazing after that buff. I hope she doesn't get nerfed because I think she's had enough time being essentially the worst frame.

Saryn. Again, never really used her until (fairly) recently. Regenerative molt and her ult makes her a complete monster. I can solo everything with her. I carry people in defenses with her. Criminally underrated frame.

Limbo I had the hardest time with him at first, plus I got tired of people cussing me out for bringing a limbo into the game lol. Then I started using him again and realized his full potential and how all his abilities compliment each other. And it didn't hurt I started playing him with more team oriented players, so they didn't mind a cataclysm here or there every now and then lol.

Excal Prime. Thought he was the worst thing in the game. Later on I found out he's alright although I stopped playing him once they took his jump away.

Ash I thought was awesome but later found out he's a total pos and deleted Ash once I maxed him out.