The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Directx 10 And 11

ShikaRoddy

Hello guys and gals.

So, my problem's that whenever I try to run game with DirectX 10 and/or 11 (check in launcher), it just get's stuck on black screen, when usually it should go to loading screen. So, does anyone has same problem?

P.S. It works with 10 and 11 off, but doesn't look as good.

Does the process stop responding in Task Manager? If so, then it's the same thing that was happening for me and tech support basically just said "we don't know what's wrong, just hope it gets fixed". DX9 worked fine, DX10/11 would always result in a freeze on startup. The ONLY way DX10/11 would work is if I ran the game in Windowed or Borderless Windowed Mode, though the game's performance was abysmal and crashed frequently, OR if I ran it with the Multi-threading option disabled in the launcher though, again, performance was terrible by doing this.

If I recall correctly, the introduction of the Multi-threading option was what caused this for me in the first place, way back in Update 10.something. It's only now been resolved after buying a new graphics card and completely reinstalling Windows and everything on it.

Edited by Ailith

have you done debugging 101?

1) Run a chkdsk c: /f -requires restarting the system

2) Run a system defrag - even if it s a SSD - while it does not improve performance, it improves stability - excessive fragmentation can cause apps to behave badly even on SSD.

3) Update all your drivers, especially GPU and audio. 

4) Update your windows to the latest patches. 

5) Use the game settings option to verify cache integrity and optimize the game. Or do a complete reinstall. 

6) Check your RAM for hardware defects.

7) See if your game is being parked on specific cores, remove them. Check the core unparking guide at the forums. 

8) If all else fails, reinstalling Windows from scratch is a last-ditch resort, but usually effective. 

Does the process stop responding in Task Manager? If so, then it's the same thing that was happening for me and tech support basically just said "we don't know what's wrong, just hope it gets fixed". DX9 worked fine, DX10/11 would always result in a freeze on startup. The ONLY way DX10/11 would work is if I ran the game in Windowed or Borderless Windowed Mode, though the game's performance was abysmal and crashed frequently, OR if I ran it with the Multi-threading option disabled in the launcher though, again, performance was terrible by doing this.

If I recall correctly, the introduction of the Multi-threading option was what caused this for me in the first place, way back in Update 10.something. It's only now been resolved after buying a new graphics card and completely reinstalling Windows and everything on it.

No, it's just black screen, process still responds. Even if I try borderless or windowed, still the same

have you done debugging 101?

1) Run a chkdsk c: /f -requires restarting the system

2) Run a system defrag - even if it s a SSD - while it does not improve performance, it improves stability - excessive fragmentation can cause apps to behave badly even on SSD.

3) Update all your drivers, especially GPU and audio. 

4) Update your windows to the latest patches. 

5) Use the game settings option to verify cache integrity and optimize the game. Or do a complete reinstall. 

6) Check your RAM for hardware defects.

7) See if your game is being parked on specific cores, remove them. Check the core unparking guide at the forums. 

8) If all else fails, reinstalling Windows from scratch is a last-ditch resort, but usually effective. 

Thanks for suggestion, but it didn't help.

Had this issue along time ago, found it was an error in the direct x code. Went to their website and downloaded their fixer which I used to reinstall/replace damaged files and every conceivable version of direct x in existence. Now no more problems.

Had this issue along time ago, found it was an error in the direct x code. Went to their website and downloaded their fixer which I used to reinstall/replace damaged files and every conceivable version of direct x in existence. Now no more problems.

Can you tell me in detail how to find this tool?

No, it's just black screen, process still responds. Even if I try borderless or windowed, still the same

Has this always been the case or are you able to pinpoint when it started happening?

I've actually been getting this black screen thing too, just the black screen, not the complete freeze that I described in my original comment. It seems to have started happening around 17.7, possibly earlier (I haven't played much lately). For me, the game starts as a minimized window and just sits like that for a while, clicking the window on the Start bar will make it a full screen black screen for a minute or so, then it will automatically minimize back to desktop and clicking it one more time will bring the game up, fully operational.

Again, not sure if that's exactly what OP is experiencing.

Not sure if trolling or serious.

Serious. What happens is while I still have drivers, when I run it with 10 and 11, the process uses less than 500 mb, but when I uninstall nvidia drivers, it works just fine with 10 and 11, though framerate drops because integrated videocard kinda sucks.

And yeah, no game runs with DirectX 10 and/or 11 with this driver...

Edited by ShikaRoddy