The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime

i_Lex

I've taken a fully modded Boar Prime to 1h t4 survival. It isn't THAT bad, it just isn't as good as the other shotguns. Its "buff" was a joke. I would have preferred to have the original stats over what we got.

Edited by JuanDeages

I've taken a fully modded Boar Prime to 1h t4 survival. It isn't THAT bad, it just isn't as good as the other shotguns. Its "buff" was a joke. I would have preferred to have the original stats over what we got.

Here as stated  'it just isn't as good as the other shotguns'

exactly what I am trying to say

I have my fair doubts that any of the people that made the vidoes actually used the boar prime at high levels at least for solo, else they would not use such bad builds like high fire rate burst dps(since you had to keybind ammo restores for the weapon in a normal build already) or tainted shell builds(since you want spread for CC reasons). That said, it is correct that you need a strong close range CC frame like Ember\Frost or something that is really durable like Chroma to make it work at high levels.

You will not see anything good with it before you put 4-5 forma on it(quite similar to a prisma grakata) and even then it is currently rather questionable to use, you are also right that the other shotguns are much better, simply because if you use them on the same frames that where effective for the boar prime before U17, they do the same thing much better by just base dps up to L100+ in the void and save you a ton of ammo restores on top of that.

true , but remember that devs stream that one of the devs said ' we are going to bring back the boar and make it the weapon it deservers to be ' or something similar . But that never happend or has yet to happen , because me and some of you might agree it can use a buff i mean cmon you know your selfs that this isn't comparable to  other shotguns?

Here as stated  'it just isn't as good as the other shotguns'

exactly what I am trying to say

Well, the thing is, you are testing it with little or no mods at all. It's a rapid fire weapon, its per shot damage is not going to be good, especially at range with no mods. It could use some of its old stats back though.

Well they did bring back the old boar and it is actually not that bad compared to sobok and strun, with the 20 round magazine and the reload time. You need to be close to stuff to make it really work but if you manage this, it is a fairly reasonalbe alternative without endless reload times(still could be a bit shorter), ok fire rate(still could be a bit quicker) and a fair magazine size.

As I recall the boar prime was not mentioned by the devs in that dev stream, there was no comment about the boar prime or strun wraith in the feedback thread of U17 about the shotgun changes and no word since then about it from DE. It will most likely remain like it is, a niche weapon, to weak in it's niche and outdone by other weapons in it's class like many other weapons in the game. I am not even sure if there would be any use for status shotguns with damage 3.0 if they reduce or remove armor scaling. I wouldn't bet anything on seeing it in a better state anytime soon so I moved on to the prisma grakata\vaykor Hek\Sancti Tigris and called it a day.

Edited by Djego27

Well, the thing is, you are testing it with little or no mods at all. It's a rapid fire weapon, its per shot damage is not going to be good, especially at range with no mods. It could use some of its old stats back though.

Im just giving my first impression and feedback on this weapon.

And as far as im using it it's absolutly not what I expected to be neither what the devs promised to do with it

Well they did bring back the old boar and it is actually not that bad compared to sobok and strun, with the 20 round magazine and the reload time. You need to be close to stuff to make it really work but if you manage this, it is a fairly reasonalbe alternative without endless reload times(still could be a bit shorter), ok fire rate(still could be a bit quicker) and a fair magazine size.

As I recall the boar prime was not mentioned by the devs in that dev stream, there was no comment about the boar prime or strun wraith in the feedback thread of U17 about the shotgun changes and no word since then about it from DE. It will most likely remain like it is, a niche weapon, to weak in it's niche and outdone by other weapons in it's class like many other weapons in the game. I am not even sure if there would be any use for status shotguns with damage 3.0 if they reduce or remove armor scaling. I wouldn't bet anything on seeing it in a better state anytime soon so I moved on to the prisma grakata\vaykor Hek\Sancti Tigris and called it a day.

i forgot wich dev stream it was but i remember quiette shy doing a recap on it (sadly his channel is removed) so i can see wich devs stream it is

i really want ALOT of people to see this post and post what they think of this weapon

btw the thing is , this is a primed version of a weapon , like (almost) all primes they are used and are useable in endgame. but this, this is absolutley not useable in engame

STOP. You made a triple post already. Stop complaining. We get it, kay?

Maybe we would take your seriously if you back your claims with numbers, etc and not just "it doesn't feel like XY".

And maybe, just maybe, stop dismissing other people's claims in this thread if it doesn't agree with your own opinion.

You need to mod it for high status chance and spread Viral / Rad procs on the enemy. That's it.

PS: If you do not play against level 95 regularly, then you do not need that much DPS anyway. Still one-hitting every target.

Edited by S3EK3R

btw the thing is , this is a primed version of a weapon , like (almost) all primes they are used and are useable in endgame. but this, this is absolutley not useable in engame

There is no rule that a prime version of a weapon has to be great. There are plenty of prime weapons that area inferior to similar regular weapons. The only real rule to prime weapons is they are better than their regular counterpart.

i really dont see where want to go with this post, boar has a high spread in my opinion and is not suited for ranged combat. however it has huge damage in close combat but poor ammo efficiency.

however with its status chance u can still buff it up to 100% status chance which gives a different play style then just going pure damage.

if u are playing mostly in void, impact weapons may not be the best choice. and remember the damage of boar p (184) is on all its pellets together, therefore one pellet will deal low damage but, if u hit all pellets in close range it will be worth it.

think boar p is not good compared to other weapons? then u are doing something wrong, since it is way better then many other lategame weapons. id suggest for u sniperbro that u try and max the status on it AND try the different element combinations for optimised efficiency (i prefer radiation and viral combination, u will see why ;)  )

i really dont see where want to go with this post, boar has a high spread in my opinion and is not suited for ranged combat. however it has huge damage in close combat but poor ammo efficiency.

however with its status chance u can still buff it up to 100% status chance which gives a different play style then just going pure damage.

if u are playing mostly in void, impact weapons may not be the best choice. and remember the damage of boar p (184) is on all its pellets together, therefore one pellet will deal low damage but, if u hit all pellets in close range it will be worth it.

think boar p is not good compared to other weapons? then u are doing something wrong, since it is way better then many other lategame weapons. id suggest for u sniperbro that u try and max the status on it AND try the different element combinations for optimised efficiency (i prefer radiation and viral combination, u will see why ;)  )

Ill Outline Boar Primes Problems for you

Low damage per pellet 

High Spread

Low Ammo

Most status weapons actually have the ammo pool to sustain it. Boar prime only has 120 ammo and is just pathetic.

Considering most prime weapons are supposed to be decent the weapon needs the same kind of buff the other shotguns got. Look at the kohm! Huge ammo pool good damage and works similarly to the boar prime.

If it was upto me? Id double the pellet count ( from 11 to 22 ) increase crit damage to 3.5 and crit chance to 35% and increase the damage to 400 a shot and give it 500 reserve ammo. More pellets would make up for its ridiculous spread... Seriously if you saw where each bullet hit... its crazy 

Edited by (PS4)UltraKardas

Low damage per pellet 

High Spread

Low Ammo

Most status weapons actually have the ammo pool to sustain it. Boar prime only has 120 ammo and is just pathetic.

Considering most prime weapons are supposed to be decent the weapon needs the same kind of buff the other shotguns got. Look at the kohm! Huge ammo pool good damage and works similarly to the boar prime.

If it was upto me? Id double the pellet count ( from 11 to 22 ) increase crit damage to 3.5 and crit chance to 35% and increase the damage to 400 a shot and give it 500 reserve ammo. More pellets would make up for its ridiculous spread... Seriously if you saw where each bullet hit... its crazy 

The Kohm? It is even more ammo shredding than the Boar Prime.

Modded with Corrosive/ Fire with some luck you can melt the armor of a target with the first 5 shots considering you get all pellets on target ( well the enormus spread does not help). Its an - hefty nerfed - status shotgun not an critmonster and should not be morphed to one like the V. Hek.

The Kohm? It is even more ammo shredding than the Boar Prime.

Modded with Corrosive/ Fire with some luck you can melt the armor of a target with the first 5 shots considering you get all pellets on target ( well the enormus spread does not help). Its an - hefty nerfed - status shotgun not an critmonster and should not be morphed to one like the V. Hek.

Except it has the ammo pool to actually last a decent period of time unlike the boar prime, Its damage isn't bad either and is a status chance weapon

Low damage per pellet

High Spread

Low Ammo

350 - 375 a shot would be fine if the most of the dmg was slash , with ofc the other suggestions you made

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

any other suggestions?

btw im not ignoring posts from other people but for me it seems the boar prime is

1. not ammo efficient

2. WAY too much spread

3. low dmg (even when modded with 100% status too much dmg fall off.)

4. most of the dmg in impact.... cmon wtf

-snip-

So basically you want to make it the best shotgun in the entire game. Gotcha.

So basically you want to make it the best shotgun in the entire game. Gotcha.

you're not even paying attention are you?

boar prime has a huge dmg fall off in range, spread will still be bad and 400dmg were as most is in impact would not overtake the tigris nor the hek

certaintly not the vaykor hek having crit chance and dmg

even though as stated in the great idea btw, it's crit chance and crit multiplier only compensates a little for the less dmg its doing