The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime

i_Lex

The looks of this weapon is great and it deals moderate dmg , but all those looks go to waste because it's not useable i high lvl content and cant be a potential replacement for anyother shotgun regarding the hek and the tigris

you're not even paying attention are you?

boar prime has a huge dmg fall off in range, spread will still be bad and 400dmg were as most is in impact would not overtake the tigris nor the hek

certaintly not the vaykor hek having crit chance and dmg

even though as stated in the great idea btw, it's crit chance and crit multiplier only compensates a little for the less dmg its doing

"a little"? With those kinds of buffs, the DPS will be out of this world and will definitely surpass Vaykor Hek/Tigris/Hek in DPS. Do the numbers man.

"a little"? With those kinds of buffs, the DPS will be out of this world and will definitely surpass Vaykor Hek/Tigris/Hek in DPS. Do the numbers man.

you practicly lost with impact dmg versus void grineer etc .

crit dmg makes up for the normal dmg on the weapon then you wont mod for status making balance

remeber tigris does MORE THEN A CRAP TON base dmg mostly in slash

this would be mostly in impact , rather have slash though , but it compremises a little for the dmg falloff at range

and with dmg mods like vicious spread , the bullets range as far as the galaxy Tenno . and remeber there only 11 per shot

they should make it 22 and decrease the spread

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

but bare with me here . if prime versions of weapons should be better , then explain to me why in mogamu's video about the boar. The time getting the enemy killed was litterally almost the same versus the boar prime. and why would you give a prime version of a weapon mostly dealing slash impact?

seriously impact? yes it had an impact on me knowing this i mean cmon wtf?

you practicly lost with impact dmg versus void grineer etc .

crit dmg makes up for the normal dmg on the weapon then you wont mod for status making balance

remeber tigris does MORE THEN A CRAP TON base dmg mostly in slash

this would be mostly in impact , rather have slash though , but it compremises a little for the dmg falloff at range

and with dmg mods like vicious spread , the bullets range as far as the galaxy Tenno . and remeber there only 11 per shot

they should make it 22 and decrease the spread

Yeah, I'm all in for a buff to ( at least the status chance).

But first damage comes from elements from a Boar Prime and secoundly don't use Vicious Spread on the Boars there is Blaze for that.

Yes the damage is not that good but the impact type is not the problem - the Sobek has no problems with it too.

Yeah, I'm all in for a buff to ( at least the status chance).

But first damage comes from elements from a Boar Prime and secoundly don't use Vicious Spread on the Boars there is Blaze for that.

Yes the damage is not that good but the impact type is not the problem - the Sobek has no problems with it too.

Status chance wouldn't be enough, You'd need a large increase to its ammo reserve... and the damage still sucks.... double the puncture and the slash

huge damage falloff? yes it spreads. and if im not wrong, didnt DE cut the damage falloff to half? for all shotguns

if u want to play the boar efficiently u have go go really close combat... since it is impact it would be recommended for corpus, and if u stay keep your momentum close combat vs corpus aint a problem.

want to play vs other faction, hek is great. good with ammo efficiency, not that huge spread, high damage, high status and crit. and it is puncture.

huge damage falloff? yes it spreads. and if im not wrong, didnt DE cut the damage falloff to half? for all shotguns

if u want to play the boar efficiently u have go go really close combat... since it is impact it would be recommended for corpus, and if u stay keep your momentum close combat vs corpus aint a problem.

want to play vs other faction, hek is great. good with ammo efficiency, not that huge spread, high damage, high status and crit. and it is puncture.

The problem is that the Hek as said does high dmg and has a high crit and status , it bieng puncture isnt any problem , same with the dread vs the paris prime there is no doubt the dread is better but the dmg difference between the two isn't that big . And the hek has A VERY narrow spread so putting on a Vicious spread isn't a problem , same for the tigris and other shotguns (except the phage though) . But for the boar prime it's absolute S#&$ and you rather not use it because 1. impact dmg 2. low max ammo size 3. ammo inefficient 4. low dmg overall 5. huge dmg fall off on ranged targets (compared to hek and tigris ) .

. Wut? Primed weapons that drops outside the void? Is it that bad so it wont even belong with ankybronkos?:

Normal Boar drops from Darak Troopers in Uranus. Boar Prime is still in the prime vault and is not obtainable apart from trading for parts that players still have. 

Now back to the boar prime ...

Any other reactions or suggestions?

trying to get as many players as possible discussing this.

As I said: Status back to pre "buff", a little damagebuff and maybe a bit tighter spread.

Doubling the pelletcount would be overkill as a single shot with corrosive procs could melt any armor.

A higher ammopool wouldnt help that much as the drops wouldn't refill it anyways - a ammo mutation is kinda mandatory on the boars because of that. Or not, if the damage will be high enough.

As I said: Status back to pre "buff", a little damagebuff and maybe a bit tighter spread.

Doubling the pelletcount would be overkill as a single shot with corrosive procs could melt any armor.

A higher ammopool wouldnt help that much as the drops wouldn't refill it anyways - a ammo mutation is kinda mandatory on the boars because of that. Or not, if the damage will be high enough.

What you could do is the same as you are suggesting now , but the dmg mostly slash making it an upgrade over the original boar (as what it is suppose to be)  

Ok, now im gonna do a suggestion (most wont agree with but anyways ) 

make a tighter spread

make the base dmg 400 mostly slash or puncture (preferably slash) or make it roughly 500-900 per shot dmg spread over the pellets ofc and  ( mostly slash) but lowering the status chance, ammo drain by reducing the fire rate. 

pellet count from 11 to idk 15?

and giving it a higher ammopool 

keep in mind that the tigris will still have a higer base dmg, it bieng at a stunning 1050 per shot.

I know its fixable with mods , but could they atleast make a tighter spread ?

What you could do is the same as you are suggesting now , but the dmg mostly slash making it an upgrade over the original boar (as what it is suppose to be)  

Ok, now im gonna do a suggestion (most wont agree with but anyways ) 

make a tighter spread

make the base dmg 400 mostly slash or puncture (preferably slash) or make it roughly 500-900 per shot dmg spread over the pellets ofc and  ( mostly slash) but lowering the status chance, ammo drain by reducing the fire rate. 

pellet count from 11 to idk 15?

and giving it a higher ammopool 

keep in mind that the tigris will still have a higer base dmg, it bieng at a stunning 1050 per shot.

Never going to happen.  This is what the weapon is.  You don't have to like it, but that's the way the weapon works.  It's a CQC weapon.  The Hek already accomplishes what you're looking for in it's tight spread and long range.  What you're asking for is a rapid fire hek with a higher mag.   That's just not going to happen.

Edited by -Vondred-

Im just saying I dont think this is what the weapon deservers to be. And even in a devs stream they said they were going to change it to the weapon is was suppose to be . But so far I'm not noticing any change what so ever and it even became worse after the shot gun buff , And dont say it's fair comparing this to other shotguns because its not.

And they did change it.  Your building your boar incorrectly.  I did the same test as you and i'm doing more than double the damage per shot that you're letting off with the average build.  The only thing I want to see is an increase in max ammo.  Everything else about this weapon is fine considering the nerf.

lowering the status chance

You would effectively destroy the main draw of it as a status shotgun by doing that.

Honestly I would like to see the Boar at 225 damage(with 30 status), with the prime at 250(with the 40 status). Not too high, but it would compensate with the high rate of fire and relatively fast reload for a shotgun.

The 30-40 thing is a balance, the boar prime would end up with an even higher damage when built for status at the 40 level than the boar by virtue of having the ability to use only 3 dual stats.

And seriously, upping the damage to 400? That is higher than the sobek by a notable margin. It is meant to be a weak but rapid shotgun. The only thing slash is notably bad against is alloy armor, and even if you made 3/4 of that 400 damage slash, you would still be having ~ 250  damage per shot(a little more but w/e).

Edited by Deadoon

You would effectively destroy the main draw of it as a status shotgun by doing that.

Honestly I would like to see the Boar at 225 damage(with 30 status), with the prime at 250(with the 40 status). Not too high, but it would compensate with the high rate of fire and relatively fast reload for a shotgun.

The 30-40 thing is a balance, the boar prime would end up with an even higher damage when built for status at the 40 level than the boar by virtue of having the ability to use only 3 dual stats.

And seriously, upping the damage to 400? That is higher than the sobek by a notable margin. It is meant to be a weak but rapid shotgun. The only thing slash is notably bad against is alloy armor, and even if you made 3/4 of that 400 damage slash, you would still be having ~ 250  damage per shot(a little more but w/e).

well it looks like you completely ignored my other posts , but im happy to see that you also give some points i should keep my mind on.

honestly it is in need of a buff players can agree (but dont let me do the numbers)