The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime

i_Lex

You don't like people not agreeing with ya, don'tcha?

Don't start derailing pls... the last thing that i want to happen is that derails.

Anyway... well i'm fine that people don't agree with me it's just that the weapon is just not how it supposed to be and i have enough supporters outside these threads anyways...

Don't start derailing pls... the last thing that i want to happen is that derails.

Anyway... well i'm fine that people don't agree with me it's just that the weapon is just not how it supposed to be and i have enough supporters outside these threads anyways...

Are you an Executive or CEO of Digital Extremes? Do you have access to their vision and direction for Warframe, their content, their weapons, etc? If not, how do you exactly know what something is supposed to be considering they dictate what something is and is not? They have dictated that the Boar Prime is not a critical based weapon. Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to say otherwise for their product

We, the consumers, can complain until we are purple in the face, at the end of the day it is up to DE to decide what a role anything plays. 

Are you an Executive or CEO of Digital Extremes? Do you have access to their vision and direction for Warframe, their content, their weapons, etc? If not, how do you exactly know what something is supposed to be considering they dictate what something is and is not? They have dictated that the Boar Prime is not a critical based weapon. Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to say otherwise for their product

We, the consumers, can complain until we are purple in the face, at the end of the day it is up to DE to decide what a role anything plays. 

Yes , of course DE decides . But we also play a huge roll in the development from this game 

btw don't believe boar was crit?

well here are all the stats until today:

sl031h.jpg

Edit: what you just said was also out of the question and is a derailing augment.

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

The Boar Prime's strength lies in its fire rate. Crank it up and fight corpus, or put corrosive or viral on it. Its totally fair to compare it to other shotguns. 

I just don't get why DE thought it was a good idea to reduce it. There was nothing quite like running in going BABABABABABABABABABAM and watching an entire corridor fill with numbers and status proc symbols

Edited by Arunafeltz

Yes , of course DE decides . But we also play a huge roll in the development from this game 

btw don't believe boar was crit?

well here are all the stats until today:

Think about something: status chance didn't exist until damage 2.0.

Boar prime predated status chance, it just happens to be one of the weapons that got changed by the update and became a standard shotgun, then was considered too weak and they buffed it into a status shotgun.

it was out for around 4-5 months before it was in the positition it was in for almost a year and a half.

It was a crit weapon for a VERY short period of time. To call that it's purpose is kind of a red herring. It has not changed that stat since they 100% reworked the entire damage system in the game.

Crank it with status and watch you get a million rad/viral or blast corrosive pros and everything but the highest tier stuff melts in one shot. Get punch through for added hilarity.

i need video proof and you may not be running the following:

ASH nor prime

LOKI nor prime

AND DMG BUFFER LIKE MESA

MIRAGE

OR OTHERS

Think about something: status chance didn't exist until damage 2.0.

Boar prime predated status chance, it just happens to be one of the weapons that got changed by the update and became a standard shotgun, then was considered too weak and they buffed it into a status shotgun.

it was out for around 4-5 months before it was in the positition it was in for almost a year and a half.

It was a crit weapon for a VERY short period of time. To call that it's purpose is kind of a red herring. It has not changed that stat since they 100% reworked the entire damage system in the game.

So i call its a time for a change

I just don't get why DE thought it was a good idea to reduce it. There was nothing quite like running in going BABABABABABABABABABAM and watching an entire corridor fill with numbers and status proc symbols

And lossing all your ammo after that and dieng...

ofc THATS ALOT OF FUN isnt it? *sarcasme *(for the people who dont understand that)

i need video proof and you may not be running the following:

ASH nor prime

LOKI nor prime

AND DMG BUFFER LIKE MESA

MIRAGE

OR OTHERS

19-20 procs/shot

Using this build as a basis:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boar_prime/t_30_22020000_167-2-3-178-0-5-191-7-3-264-6-3-330-4-3-357-5-3-482-1-10-546-3-5_178-8-482-7-167-9-546-6-330-7-357-7-264-7-191-7/en/2-0-30

My piece of S#&$ due to not having primed point blank, and not seeing the point of it too much considering the overall cost for of it.

This is the results(each a single shot), the  few hits which are not marked as procs are impact(the hammer)  as you cannot multi-instant proc impact.

http://i.imgur.com/hhiRjOt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IhJikMW.jpg

Every single pellet caused a proc, with 3 each shot being corrosive(less than average really), and a good number of blast procs as well. That is a massive boost to CC capability. Well it only takes 8 corrosive procs to reduce an enemies armor by 90%, an enemy with even the highest levels of armor will have it melted off very quickly vs something like this(16 for 99% less armor, so even 10k is merely 100 afterwards). Also note that the second shot did a little more damage(~15%) which is indicative of haw fast this builds up. 

The HP of your enemy is protected by such insane levels of armor, attempting to kill them without stripping is pretty bad. An enemy at higher levels can surpass 1 million effective HP, while only having a ~50k real(level 110 corrupted bombard has 50k real hp with 1.6 million effective). This gun is powerful enough to kill even level 80+ corrupted heavy gunners(55k real HP, even with my gun that is only ~ 12 shots, but with stripping time around 16-18 total) in a few seconds. 

Also, a bonus 50m shot test:

http://i.imgur.com/VLi1EwY.jpg

Edited by Deadoon

19-20 procs/shot

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boar_prime/t_30_22020000_167-2-3-178-0-5-191-7-3-264-6-3-330-4-3-357-5-3-482-1-10-546-3-5_178-8-482-7-167-9-546-6-330-7-357-7-264-7-191-7/en/2-0-30

My piece of S#&$ due to not having primed point blank, and not seeing the point of it too much considering the overall cost for of it.

This is the results(each a single shot), the  few hits which are not marked as procs are impact(the hammer)  as you cannot multi-instant proc impact.

Every single pellet caused a proc, with 3 each shot being corrosive(less than average really), and a good number of blast procs as well. That is a massive boost to CC capability. Well it only takes 8 corrosive procs to reduce an enemies armor by 90%, an enemy with even the highest levels of armor will have it melted off very quickly vs something like this(16 for 99% less armor, so even 10k is merely 100 afterwards). Also note that the second shot did a little more damage(~15%) which is indicative of haw fast this builds up. 

The HP of your enemy is protected by such insane levels of armor, attempting to kill them without stripping is pretty bad. An enemy at higher levels can surpass 1 million effective HP, while only having a ~50k real(level 110 corrupted bombard has 50k real hp with 1.6 million effective). This gun is powerful enough to kill even level 80+ corrupted heavy gunners(55k real HP, even with my gun that is only ~ 12 shots, but with stripping time around 16-18 total) in a few seconds. 

Ok this gun is a fast fire-rate shotgun.

as the other guy said you can get a million rad or viral witch isnt true. second you have banshees augment mod to strip away enemy amor away imediatly in a range were the boar prime would take forever to kill banshee has een aeo effect wich reduces enemy amor by 70% for far enough time to kill him with a tigris...

boar prime isnt valueble knowing its only getable on Uranus that is late game enough for such a weapon but still it doesnt do nearly enough smg and for me status isnt a great thing in common i rather have it reverted back to a crit shotgun as it was destint to be in the first place...

as the other guy said you can get a million rad or viral witch isnt true. second you have banshees augment mod to strip away enemy amor away imediatly in a range were the boar prime would take forever to kill banshee has een aeo effect wich reduces enemy amor by 70% for far enough time to kill him with a tigris...

boar prime isnt valueble knowing its only getable on Uranus that is late game enough for such a weapon but still it doesnt do nearly enough smg and for me status isnt a great thing in common i rather have it reverted back to a crit shotgun as it was destint to be in the first place...

Wasn't the high crit unintentional and fixed after a week?

So the Boar never was actually planed as a crit weapon to begin with.

Wasn't the high crit unintentional and fixed after a week?

So the Boar never was actually planed as a crit weapon to begin with.

no , in dmg system 1.0 it was a crit weapon . After dmg system 2.0 came it changed to bieng a status weapon for some reason. Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

no , in dmg system 1.0 it was a crit weapon . After dmg system 2.0 came it changed to bieng a status weapon for some reason.

It was changed into a standard shotgun with 5% status and 15% crit.

Then around 2 months later it was turned into a status weapon.

I thought you said no damage buffers?(sonar is a damage buff) If I wanted I could run a heavy abating link build and use that to remove their armor with no bonus to damage. 

Radiation/viral procs go through armor meaning you get a berserk enemy with 1/2 hp. You still have to deal with their armor, but it would be faster.

30% armor still can have 80%+ damage mitigation(it isn't linear), unless that tigris does 250k damage per shot, I don't think so. 

Also boar is on uranus, boar prime is in the vault.

Edited by Deadoon

It was changed into a standard shotgun with 5% status and 15% crit.

Then around 2 months later it was turned into a status weapon.

I thought you said no damage buffers?(sonar is a damage buff) If I wanted I could run a heavy abating link build and use that to remove their armor with no bonus to damage. 

Radiation/viral procs go through armor meaning you get a berserk enemy with 1/2 hp. You still have to deal with their armor, but it would be faster.

30% armor still can have 80%+ damage mitigation(it isn't linear), unless that tigris does 250k damage per shot, I don't think so. 

Also boar is on uranus, boar prime is in the vault.

(snip) Also boar is on uranus, boar prime is in the vault.  (snip )

I know and said that yes. But that is no reason for it heaving low ammo max and having a huge spread.

(snip) I thought you said no damage buffers?(sonar is a damage buff) If I wanted I could run a heavy abating link build and use that to remove their armor with no bonus to damage. (snip)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was talking about banshee's sonic boom (augment mod : sonic fracture)

wich strips away 70% of the amor basicly leaving him open for 

1. finishers 

2. and the tigris when modded correctly , does hell more dmg in a second then the boar prime.

and btw yes it was a crit dmg weapon for only 2 months but alot of people still liked the crit stats better then the status stats

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this solves someone from the developers if they have some system spoiled a lot of things left lying and nobody bother

It seems to me that the work divided into 50% and left it as it is, unfinished

Edited by czdj117

• 4 weeks later...

Hey , Tenno. I found this thread again! and ill post another msg , so DE can finnaly make a call for it. Boar prime buff or not?

taking in account that the boar prime is atm the WORST shotgun in the game right after the sobek . 1 not having a synd mod 2. having low dmg.

While the boar was first the best shotgun . It is now the worst! I ask you fellow Tenno to help me get DE's attention and let this weapon have his glory back.

boar prime and akbronco prime are the only shotguns that can 100% status..  but with the way 100% status on shotguns works is pretty nuts

every pellet will proc something

they corrosive blast status hoses. CC for days. 

Strun wraith can do as well(it is similar levels of bad with the endless reload) and blast is just bad on status shotguns because you have to shoot every target separately.

There is no reason to use even a working boar prime(the one with reasonable fire rate and 40% status before U17) in today's L100 sorti survivals/defence missions or 60 waves/minutes in the void, because you can just face roll everything with a vaykor hek without even using status mechanics. Yet it is not even in a "theoretical" useful state.

I actually did found a use for it again, since it is with under 200 points fully modded it is one of the lowest conclave rating weapons in the game so I did not have to change my Ember build for the Tactical alert where you don't need status to begin with.

Edited by Djego27

Finnaly people are talking again... Well I can pretty much safely say that the boar prime , especially because of u18 is now totaly useless even if DE doesn't want to change it , it's not a reason to atleast try...

Well , status mechanic on it's own isn't that good at all . for me ? if the status was reverted back to 40% and the max ammo pool 500 and a little less dmg falloff (i mean come on , the tigris has almost to none dmg falloff on range) it would be fine...

19-20 procs/shot

btw , answering this... You can pretty much tell thats S#&$ dmg , even the dera vandal is better and that is not even a shotgun... 

I really dont get why DE doesnt even give a S#&$ about the frustrations poeple have with beautifull weapons , but with S#&$ dmg.

Ok so dont give me warningpoints here but this thread has been on for months , but de didnt even bother to respond / even see it...

My theory is that they nerfed the Boar Prime on purpose due to its high usage statistics, and they won't revisit the weapon until a year later.

they already 'revisited' by kinda looking at the normal boar. Leaving the boar prime out and making it the WORST shotgun in game.