Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee

DualityDalton

Might as well have 'em. I have good ideas for each syndicate's melee weapon and descriptions:

Vaykor Atterax: The weapon that used to kill innocent lives, now rebranded and ready for retaliation.

Telos Boltace: 'Cuz why not?

Synoid Lecta: This taser-whip mix is perfect for stunning enemies for scans.

Secura Serro: Remember that nearly-forgotten energy-saw weapon? The Sequence thinks you can use it for eliminating rival businesses.

Rakta Fang: Assassins always need a good pair of tiny knives.

Sancti Karyst: Protect your idols with this brand new dagger!

Like the idea, or have your own? Comment!

No. Not sancti karyst. 

Rakta karyst. Compare the veil to the karyst's description

Loka I imagine with the pangolin sword perhaps, or some single sword

Hexis should get a galatine or gram I feel

And vaykor jat kittag is one of the most demanded ones I feel

Telos Galatine and Synoid Ninkondi...

Usually Cephalon Suda uses laser types of weapon, actually new vary weapons and mechanics.

Synoid Gammacore = painful one lined laser

Synoid Simulor = vortex creator, unusual mechanics

Synoid Ninkondi = nunchuks, the one and only type

Please not Telos Boltace. We already have seven Boltor variants: Three primaries, three secondaries, and a melee.

I think Hexis should get something like a Tonbo. I'm mainly saying that because of the lore of the Tonbo and the Arbiters being all about reaching the true potential of the Tenno.

• 2 months later...

Telos Galatine or Gram (Not the Boltace. PLease no Boltace)

Rakta Karyst or Ether Reaper

Synoid Obex or Ninkondi

Securo Serro or Lecta

Vaykor Jat Kittag or Halikar

Sancti Nikana or Tonbo/Tipedo

Use some of the more lesser known or unsaturated melee weapons. Too many longswords and dualswords.

Synoid Lecta: This taser-whip mix is perfect for stunning enemies for scans.

Nope, has to be a unique weapon. Suda doesn't deal in corpus crap.

How about a lightsaber + Whip (like mios but a ton better and looks nicer with an energy chain) or a glaive (floating parts that shoot out high damage lasers when thrown).

Synoid needs to be unique, like every other weapon in its class. Gammacor and simulor are vastly different than any Tenno/Corpus/Grineer/Infested/Orokin weapons in terms of design and function. A synoid melee weapon would need to be a "curious/scientific" weapon for consistency.

Perhaps some sort of claw or fist weapon that was originally designed for scientific analysis, but has since been modified for combat purposes? It would match the gammacor and simulor in theme.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Perhaps some sort of claw or fist weapon that was originally designed for scientific analysis, but has since been modified for combat purposes? It would match the gammacor and simulor in theme.

I've always hoped it'd turn out to be some sort of beam-sword, maybe a beam-katana (or rapier?) since we have fewer weapons of that class. Possibly a good opportunity for DE to play with the channelling cost and multiplier stats that're listed in the arsenal but exactly the same for every weapon.

"We used to use these as laser pointers for lectures, but things got a bit out of hand. Oh well, here you go Tenno!"

Edited by TheJadrimian

Vaykor Ack&Brunt

Telos Galatine

Synoid [insert new cephalon melee here]

Secura Lecta

Sancti Bo or Tonbo

Rakta Ether Daggers (anyone remember these?)

Troll entries:

Vaykor Sheev (deals 1 dmg with attack speed of 10)

Secura Plasma sword (deals half current enemy hp, 5 seconds per attack)

Dual Syndicate swords: combines both of the above, tickles enemies with non-damaging fire procs.

Shower thought: every backstabbed heavy Grineer unit (as well as Scorch and corpus Tech) would trigger a syndicate blast with a syndicate melee. This might make leveling them anywhere past Saturn a bit problematic.

Keep them in quick melee mode! Blasts shouldn't occur.

I guess Sancti Destreza, because of its "pure" design which fits with the Tigris

Secura Serro: Nothing more useful than a mining pole that can be used to kill

Vaykor Jat Kittag: Bailiff Defectors used Jat Kittag, and it's pretty much the most Grineerish Melee Weapon

Rakta Karyst: Following the trend of Assassin Weapons, the Rakta Karyst is the Perfect Example of a pure Assassin Melee

Synoid....

Telos Boltace to follow the Trend of Bolt-crap. Telos Nikana would be more fitting, but the model from the sword looks like a Galatine

Nope, has to be a unique weapon. Suda doesn't deal in corpus crap.

The Gammacor is a CORPUS weapon, used for Asteroid Mining, remember?

Synoid needs to be unique, like every other weapon in its class. Gammacor and simulor are vastly different than any Tenno/Corpus/Grineer/Infested/Orokin weapons in terms of design and function. A synoid melee weapon would need to be a "curious/scientific" weapon for consistency.

The Gammacor is a CORPUS weapon used for mining, it's even in the market...

The Gammacor is a CORPUS weapon, used for Asteroid Mining, remember?

The Gammacor is a CORPUS weapon used for mining, it's even in the market...

Designed to quickly vaporize minerals for content analysis, users discovered its powerful beam was equally efficient at dispatching hostiles.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Gammacor

There is no mention it's designed by the Corpus, nor is it used for mining. It's a scientific weapon of unknown origin designed to analyze minerals.

Edited by Pizzarugi