Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Who Else Won't Be Able To Make Skins For The Workshop?

AdunSaveMe

I'm against steam workshop. Because I'm ok with buying skins and stuff with money as long as money goes purely to DE but I'm not okey buying anything in steam workshop because I know that 60-75% will go to Gabe's stomach, 20% to DE's and 5% to skin creator. So screw this idea. Valve trying the scam with paid mods again. When they tried to lie to us that they supporting the mods creators while actually were robbing them

Edited by Koler.

is it a self pity party thread? because it if is i can get streamers to make it more lively.

Yeah, let's go with that. Might have worked better in off topic, now that I think about it.

I'm against steam workshop. Because I'm ok with buying skins and stuff with money as long as money goes purely to DE but I'm not okey buying anything in steam workshop because I know that 60-75% will go to Gabe's stomach, 20% to DE's and 5% to skin creator. So screw this idea. Valve trying the scam with paid mods again. When they tried to lie to us that they supporting the mods creators while actually were robbing them

We don't know how the pricing works yet, you know. Also, skins =/= mods

i agree doing this independently of steam would be wiser for the sake of i have seen steams tos for steamworkshop and nobody other than steam is going to see the financial reward of this. that said the improvements tot he game should be very very substantial. i do feel a little bad tho people keep contacting me asking if they can commission me to make something for it and the short answer is "no" because i cant just give them a skin even if its in a way that only they can see it.

I haven't paid close attention, but if I can make a whole model I'll probably make an attempt at an over/under shotgun. That attempt will fail horribly, I'm sure, but I'll make the attempt none the less. :P

I've got a better idea than waiting for them to allow models.

Make the model, then throw the concept at the forums as a new weapon idea. They'll love you.

Was actually hoping to be able to create custom models. But it's still in it's infancy. Just gonna wait.

Skins are nice too. I think models would be a bit harder since they have to match animations and holsters and stuff.

i'll try to make some skins, I've made a few weapon mods for skyrim, so it shouldn't be too different, but i have no idea how you make it so colours can be changed

I think they handle that part. Or it's ported in a way that allows it to be changed. Or something. ????

Valve would get around 30% what I read and then another 30% would go to DE and you get whats left. So no Valve doesn't rip people off here. This is a standard setup for selling stuff. Retail market have a far harder time with sales than digital sales.

Valve would get around 30% what I read and then another 30% would go to DE and you get whats left. So no Valve doesn't rip people off here. This is a standard setup for selling stuff. Retail market have a far harder time with sales than digital sales.

Yeah the usual cut on steam is 30%. Even if you only got 10%, that's still a lot.

Because of the complexity of the skin design tools I doubt a lot of people will be able to take part. If it was layer based like forza's livery system I think it would be much easier for a lot of people, but I guess it's using similar tools to the devs. I might try my hand at it. I especially like the idea of making my own syandana. IMO warframe could use some more good looking syandanas.

Yeah the usual cut on steam is 30%. Even if you only got 10%, that's still a lot.

Especially if we're talking 50p per item. With 5p cut, and say 10k people buy it, you'd get 50k plat like that. Even if you half that, 25k plat is no laughing matter.

Was actually hoping to be able to create custom models. But it's still in it's infancy. Just gonna wait.

Pretty sure DE said you could make your own custom Syandana.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Especially if we're talking 50p per item. With 5p cut, and say 10k people buy it, you'd get 50k plat like that. Even if you half that, 25k plat is no laughing matter.

Do you know if it's plat or actual money on steam? I think the current tennogens give plat to the creators (maybe, I dunno) but I'm unsure about how the steam workshop gives its cuts.

Because of the complexity of the skin design tools I doubt a lot of people will be able to take part. If it was layer based like forza's livery system I think it would be much easier for a lot of people, but I guess it's using similar tools to the devs. I might try my hand at it. I especially like the idea of making my own syandana. IMO warframe could use some more good looking syandanas.

I don't even know anything about the tools, to be honest.

Go learn how market works. Valve never took less than 60% from selling anything on steam. This is fact. Google it if you don't believe me

Go learn how market works. Valve never took less than 60% from selling anything on steam. This is fact. Google it if you don't believe me

I'd love to see sources instead of telling us to google something that isn't exactly easy to find. The cut they took from paid mods is NOT the same cut they take from games and market items, and there's an NDA stopping anyone, even Valve employees, from disclosing the exact cut on Steam items.

You don't even know how it works yet, and here you are hating something that doesn't exist.

Do you know if it's plat or actual money on steam? I think the current tennogens give plat to the creators (maybe, I dunno) but I'm unsure about how the steam workshop gives its cuts.

I don't even know anything about the tools, to be honest.

Oh, yeah forgot about that. But DE mentioned it would be going on all platforms so I wonder how it will work.

There wasn't too much mentioned on how the tools worked. But they did say there was a brief tutorial packaged with the program. At the 49 minute mark in Devstream 61 Rebecca mentions you can make "your own syandana from scratch including texture".

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Oh, yeah forgot about that. But DE mentioned it would be going on all platforms so I wonder how it will work.

There wasn't too much mentioned on how the tools worked. But they did say there was a brief tutorial packaged with the program. At the 49 minute mark in Devstream 61 Rebecca mentions you can make "your own syandana from scratch including texture".

Man, I hope so. I'm going to fail horribly, but still.