Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lightsaber - Enough Said

Kracken

There is at least some of you (if not all) who watched Star Wars in your youth. Some of you have an urge to swing one even now. So what is the reason that stop us ?

Why don't we have our own one in Warframe. I know you will like it.

Let say that a plain old long sword light saber is plain. Why wont we try to have a broad sword like lightsaber?

b6f7552a03a661a2d9fac314c789bd23.gif

With those stats:

stance : bastards swords (we don't have that weapon category - yet; and it will be smaller than gram)

elemental : 85

attack speed 1

Slam Attacks 225.0

- Radius    5.0 meters

Slide Attacks      200.0

Wall Attacks      240.0

status 25%

crit chance 0%

Special properties:

- its element depends on energy color - with the exception to poison.

- cuts leave temporal burns.

- ground/ wall / aerial / slide attack inherits status chance and element from the weapon current stats

- cool holstering

- can be thrown (short distance) doing normal single hit dmg (not charge like dmg)

- emits light

Well my imagination just run wild. Yours ?

Is it lore breaking ? Nope. We have a Silva (from Silva and Aegis) that is nearly exactly like a lightsaber.

As for art ... hmm... its just a hilt and a blade ... so its easy to imagine. But if there is a Tenno with an artistic soul... Let he/she share the art with us :)

For its skins ... I suppose it would be two kinds of them - one the hilt and one for the blade.

1751523462_lightsaber_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by Cracken

I have always and will forever love the Lavis Cannon design from Phantasy Star Online. It is still the coolest-looking energy sabre I've seen in a game.

BB-LAVIS_CANNON-ACTION-1.jpg

I second our lack of Bastard Sword types. We're getting a Rapier soon, so hopefully we'll see a further exploration of other old time european-style bladed weapons. I'm not too sure about the numeric stats you've listed, as I tend to just prefer leaving that up to DE themselves, but I digress. I would like to see another "0% status" weapon that has its own intrinsic status that only it can inflict like the Sonicor's ridiculous ragdoll forcing.

I'm curious though, how would you mod this thing up if energy color determines the element? or would that simply change the base element and allow, actually, for complete, total customization control of its elements? If so, I'm even more all for this idea. Mostly because we'd finally have an ice base elemental melee.

One question though, how would the plasma scorring work with it? Just to toss out an idea; how about making it only proc during channeled strikes?

I'm curious though, how would you mod this thing up if energy color determines the element? or would that simply change the base element and allow, actually, for complete, total customization control of its elements? If so, I'm even more all for this idea. Mostly because we'd finally have an ice base elemental melee.

One question though, how would the plasma scorring work with it? Just to toss out an idea; how about making it only proc during channeled strikes?

Its base element ;)

"Plasma scorring" (scars?) ?! I don't think i remember what it was...

have you seen the gram or the plasma sword if you close your eyes and hope really hard they kind of look like light sabers

not close enough- but i love using gram

Edited by Cracken

I think you should increase the status chance to like 50%. A weapon made of concentrated light/plasma seems like it would proc something nearly every hit. The attack speed should be slightly higher, like 1.2 in my opinion.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I think you should increase the status chance to like 50%. A weapon made of concentrated light/plasma seems like it would proc something nearly every hit. The attack speed should be slightly higher, like 1.2 in my opinion.

now that i think of it - why dont we give it a " sonicor treatment" ? Let it have 0% status chance and proc slash (or base element status) on every hit ? to compensate let it have 10% crit chance and 1.5x crit dmg 

Edited by Cracken

I am kinda of the opposite opinion. I think the whole 'Buster Sword' thing is over-done and often looks awful. The Gram is perfect for your massive sword needs, something like the Buster Sword is just silly, even for Warframe. 

I mean if you really want a Buster Sword, go play Archwing :P

For the sake of originality, I believe DE has purposely stayed away from "Lightsabers" as they rightfully should. Now, if they could take the energy edged weapons they have now, and build upon them and give them more energy related stats, I would totally support that.

Blades with energy imbued edges:

Gram

Plasma Sword

Nami Solo

Nami Skyla

I am kinda of the opposite opinion. I think the whole 'Buster Sword' thing is over-done and often looks awful. The Gram is perfect for your massive sword needs, something like the Buster Sword is just silly, even for Warframe. 

I mean if you really want a Buster Sword, go play Archwing :P

I admit that giving you a " buster sword " as an core image might give you wrong ideas.

What i meant there was that for the weapon to have broad blade and to be SMALLER than gram (bastard sword stance is the keyword here)

i will change it now.

-snip-

We have Exalted Blade.

like i posted. the closest weapon resembling a lighsaber is SILVA (and nothing else). so whats is actually holding us of creating a bigger, cooler and more nastier version of it ?!

in case if some one forgot how Silva looked like in action

pQ0G7wr.jpg

Edited by Cracken