The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woah I Just Realized Something. (Possible Rhino Temple Guardian Skin Origin)

Trickst3rGawd

-snip-

What are you babbling on about? How is anything you just said relevant to what you're quoting from me?

The Warframes are not the Tenno. We don't know what the Tenno are or what they look like. That is one of the main points of the U18 quest, to give us an answer.

We are one Tenno, when we switch Warframes, we are still that same Tenno.

What are you babbling on about? How is anything you just said relevant to what you're quoting from me?

The Warframes are not the Tenno. We don't know what the Tenno are or what they look like. That is one of the main points of the U18 quest, to give us an answer.

We are one Tenno, when we switch Warframes, we are still that same Tenno.

I don't...

We disconnected somewhere during all that, didn't we? I don't think we're reading each other's arguments correctly

So let me summarize my take on the matter:

A) Zariman children are obviously Tenno. Otherwise, they wouldn't be inside the Ember Prime codex.

B) The Rhino Prime codex is about a grown-up Tenno inside a prototype Rhino suit -- as opposed to a prototype Rhino possessed by a Tenno in another room using astral projection. The narrator of the piece only says he's never seen the morgue itself before, but he HAS seen all of the subjects inside the morgue. He admits as much when he talks about how he has spent a long period of time mutilating the other subjects in his operating room. The subjects he's been mutilating all had to be restrained; if they were "empty carapaces", they wouldn't NEED restraints. So it stands to reason they were living Tenno

But here's the real nail in the coffin:

C) Zanuka. There is no way Zanuka would make Lotus so disgusted, and Alad V such a smug S of a B, if Tenno could just "jack out" of a captured Warframe and not die Hold off on this one, I don't wanna get to this plot point yet

Edited by TARINunit9

I think its talking about a basic rhino, without any tenno controlling it, an unsuccessful prototype warframe

This, they talk a ton about "glowing lights/massive beasts" tons in the lore and screams to me the Orokin having "Issues' trying to make the first Warframes and them getting out or going out of control. Though the idea did make sense I give you that however he screams more to me a "version of a copy" that was given the role to specifically guard things the Orokin deemed needing guarding. Someone said "Look that Rhino can be used as a guard so lets adorn him with a new look, something for his specific role", thats what I think at least.

I don't...

We disconnected somewhere during all that, didn't we? I don't think we're reading each other's arguments correctly

So let me summarize my take on the matter:

A) Zariman children are obviously Tenno. Otherwise, they wouldn't be inside the Ember Prime codex.

B) The Rhino Prime codex is about a grown-up Tenno inside a prototype Rhino suit -- as opposed to a prototype Rhino possessed by a Tenno in another room using astral projection. The narrator of the piece only says he's never seen the morgue itself before, but he HAS seen all of the subjects inside the morgue. He admits as much when he talks about how he has spent a long period of time mutilating the other subjects in his operating room. The subjects he's been mutilating all had to be restrained; if they were "empty carapaces", they wouldn't NEED restraints. So it stands to reason they were living Tenno

But here's the real nail in the coffin:

C) Zanuka. There is no way Zanuka would make Lotus so disgusted, and Alad V such a smug S of a B, if Tenno could just "jack out" of a captured Warframe and not die Hold off on this one, I don't wanna get to this plot point yet

Now things make more sense. I'm saying there was no Tenno inside the Proto-Rhino and that it was acting instinctively. I suppose it is possible that a Tenno was inside the beast but the creature was in control. Would make sense that reaching the Morgue would bring the Tenno's consciousness out.

This however:

"he subjects he's been mutilating all had to be restrained; if they were "empty carapaces", they wouldn't NEED restraints. So it stands to reason they were living Tenno"

We know from Chroma's quest "The New Strange", that these empty carapaces can move without something piloting it from the inside. So yeah, restraints are going to make sense if you're carving away at a prototype that might have some form of sentience.

There is no point in bringing up Zanuka in comparison to a past prototype Warframe. I don't believe the "jack in" theory either, so it's pointless to even bring that up to me.

So to be clear, we both believe in the following:

- Zariman Child = Tenno

- Warframes = suit made from Technocyte(same thing responsible for creating Infested but is a refined form of Technocyte)

- The Tenno wear/merge with the Warframes.

Yes?

- Zariman Child = Tenno

- Warframes = suit made from Technocyte(same thing responsible for creating Infested but is a refined form of Technocyte)

Yes?

Yes

But now to look at this point you brought up:

We know from Chroma's quest "The New Strange", that these empty carapaces can move without something piloting it from the inside. So yeah, restraints are going to make sense if you're carving away at a prototype that might have some form of sentience.

Considering that had direct involvement of a SENTIENT, I think that more just proves my point than yours. I.E. the Warframes are empty technological suits (biotechnology is still technology) and it was the absence of the void-infused Tenno body that allowed the Sentient to hijack and joyride around

Yes

But now to look at this point you brought up:

Considering that had direct involvement of a SENTIENT, I think that more just proves my point than yours. I.E. the Warframes are empty technological suits (biotechnology is still technology) and it was the absence of the void-infused Tenno body that allowed the Sentient to hijack and joyride around

It doesn't prove your point because a Sentient was not wearing the Chroma, just controlling it via unknown means. This means the suit does not need to have a pilot in it to move.

To pipe in Ordis has a line:

"Tenno, that warframe... suits you." With heavy emphasis on suits.

I feel this is a homage to we [the players, the tenno] wearing a suit in some way, be it literally wearing the suit or controlling it.

I only mention controlling it because of other lines by Ordis

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream."

"Maintain the habitat. Maintain the Operator. Mobilize the Tenno."

"You are the Tenno. You are the Operator. Ordis is the Cephalon. Ordis is the ship."

Edited by ARavenousPanda

It doesn't prove your point because a Sentient was not wearing the Chroma, just controlling it via unknown means. This means the suit does not need to have a pilot in it to move.

Most Orokin technology that the Sentients took over didn't have pilots. Orokin assault rifles, for instance

The fact that the Sentients can take over empty Warframes doesn't support EITHER of us, because the Sentient are just that alien to human understanding, be it real life human or Orokin human

Chroma, from the looks of things, carries a dormant/'dead' sentient's body on its back as its pelt.

If a sentient were to somehow remotely reactivate the sentient that Chroma carries, it is possible that Chroma was being remotely controlled by the newly-'revived' sentient.

If that makes sense.

Now things make more sense. I'm saying there was no Tenno inside the Proto-Rhino and that it was acting instinctively. I suppose it is possible that a Tenno was inside the beast but the creature was in control. Would make sense that reaching the Morgue would bring the Tenno's consciousness out.

This however:

"he subjects he's been mutilating all had to be restrained; if they were "empty carapaces", they wouldn't NEED restraints. So it stands to reason they were living Tenno"

There is no point in bringing up Zanuka in comparison to a past prototype Warframe. I don't believe the "jack in" theory either, so it's pointless to even bring that up to me.

- Zariman Child = Tenno

Yes?

Exactly! >;D

Now you were totally just trolling~ o 3o

Pointing out you wrote a specific response badly is not trolling.

Back to the subject at hand: the Orokin have no reason whatsoever to create Warframes that can operate on their own

Why?

Well just look at Chroma. If Warframes have the power to move on their own, then they have the power to be captured by Sentients. Due to the way Sentients attack, it is in the Orokin's best interest to make unoccupied Warframes as inert and useless as possible, only becoming dangerous when a Tenno is actively using it

Now, a Sentient was able to take over an empty Chroma frame regardless, but that just shows how utterly dangerous they are. They were able to take control of an Infested Boiler too, despite the Infested being designed to resist Sentient control.

Yeah! Get em! >;O

The skin name doesn't make any sense. The Temple Guardians wore the Misa Prime syandana, so, um, they should look Prime... There is most likely no lore-based origin for that Temple Guardian skin. It's just random.

He is known as Palatine Rhino.

Not Temple Guardian anymore. o -o

Yeah! Get em! >;O

OK, treating this like a competition makes me uncomfortable

I acknowledge that DE could make me incorrect at any time for any reason. The only correct answer is that the correct answer doesn't exist yet, because DE haven't made the answer yet

My arguments are simply conjecture, just like yours. However, neither of us has the capacity to "win" by "proving" better than the other person. DE will give us the answer, and until then we're both just making conjecture

Wait, really? Or are you joking?

EDIT: Wow! Don't know how I missed that.

Did you miss what I said in all my other previous topics too? o -o

Maybe you should go back and actually try to read them all! >;(

So that you wouldn't be disagreeing with me so much yah?! >;(

And here's a screenie too for those of you who doubt Zaro! >;(

ko6R0g0.jpg

You might want to click on it to zoom in~

Palatine is a high level/ranking official that's attached to Imperial or Royal Courts~