Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Empire Vs Galactic Republic (Star Wars)

Now I did do a previous Vs thread but I thought that was a tad too boring. As I know Tenno might have many unfair advantages. Possibly the opponents at times as well. But this is different. This time I've made this vs actually be a bit more fair. The Grineer Empire vs the Galactic Republic from Star Wars. This is a bit more fair in some ways but I'll be honest tech wise the Republic has an edge since the Grineer are still using bullets. Also infantry health and skill the republic also have an edge since the Grineer are dealing with Clone Decay Syndrome. Grineer have Clone Decay is because with what we saw in the new underwater levels is that the Grineer rush the aging process of new recruits (Possibly the reason why the Grineer look like a bunch of old people.) Though the clones let their clones adulthood come naturally.

Not even close. The Galactic Empire is literally galactic. It's in their name.

The grineer would have a hard time taking out just one imperial star destroyer.

Pretty much this.

However I would love to see a Balor Fomorian against a Star Destroyer. That might be a good fight, however a Super Star Destroyer would decimate anything.

The grineer would have a hard time taking out just one imperial star destroyer.

That's exactly the size of ship that a Balor Formorian is designed to kill. That said, your overall conclusion is still correct, because IIRC there's only three Balors left...

Edited by TARINunit9

Well. OP said republic actually. Meh not much difference. Clone commandos are, excluding for powers, they are star wars' tenno. The republic has advantage overall.

Besides, we haven't seen grineer tanks or so. And the republic has a lot of variety.

The actual grineer wouldn't stand a chance. Their fomorians aren't such an advantage since they are pretty limited. And the shield generators they possess are damn weak if you think how we destroy them

That's exactly the size of ship that a Balor Formorian is designed to kill. That said, your overall conclusion is still correct, because IIRC there's only three Balors left...

Assuming the conflict involves The Eclipse on the Empire's side, regardless of if it ever got finished, the Empire would win.

Because the Eclipse has a superlaser on it.

Republic though...

Yeah they gon' go RIP

Edited by Kaiczar

Also infantry health and skill the republic also have an edge since the Grineer are dealing with Clone Decay Syndrome. Grineer have Clone Decay is because with what we saw in the new underwater levels is that the Grineer rush the aging process of new recruits (Possibly the reason why the Grineer look like a bunch of old people.) Though the clones let their clones adulthood come naturally.

The clones in Star Wars are healthier, but it isn't due to natural aging. Growth rate for those clones is doubled at least. Clone Troopers look about 20 in AotC, but were only ordered 10 years prior, besides which, they explicitly say growth is accelerated.

As for the vs argument, I pick Republic. The troopers are smarter, their tech is more advanced, and they have larger numbers.

Fomorians are impressive, but so is a battlegroup of Venators with their compliments of cannons, fighters, and bombers.

Also, can anyone in Warframe lore drive a ship at FTL speeds? Ship mobility and range and therefore logistics goes to Republic if not.

Also don't know if Grineer have stealth ships, but Republic did experiment with them at least.

@Tarin

What makes u think that theres only 3 balors left? We havnt visited the Queens yet and we dont even know where their HQ exactly is plus we have no idea what they have instore for us in the futuure...they might have 6 balors or even 100 balors? who knows? Now a question comes up...why havnt they thrown all balors at us then? well using simple war logic...you dont throw everything at the enemy all at once.

Edited by LynxZ4r0Z

Also, can anyone in Warframe lore drive a ship at FTL speeds? Ship mobility and range and therefore logistics goes to Republic if not.

What do you mean by that?

If your asking if they can fly at FTL, yes.

Using the Mag Prime codex they traveled to a solar system with a blue star. Closest blue star (I found) is Vega which is 25 light years away.

We don't know how long it took for them to get there but it was stated to be "Bright flash" then "After we could see we were there"

So if it took 10 seconds, that gives it a speed of 216,000 light years a day.

No idea what the actual star was of course, but the narrator didn't notice any other stars in the system, and Vega AFAIK is the closest blue star by itself.

So this is a low end speed.

If your asking how well they can drive it. IDK

If both sides have only enough resources about as much as a star system, I'm siding with the Grineer on this one, why:

- Grineer soldiers are practically efficient to grow, takes much less than days to grow at least hundreds of thousands, considering how many Grineer Lancers are getting killed everyday, in line with enough experience to actually function as a fighting force.

- Fomorians and Galleons are quick to the call, and have simplified factories that are normally built in merely each city in Ceres. Count the numbers of shipyards in Ceres and you have a fleet already capable of conquering planets in ease.

- Grineer weaponry are simple but deadly in the most efficient possible. Considering their magazines are as small as a palm but packed with lots of bullets capable of shredding armor (through slash procs) that even Corpus, whose suits are even twice as thick as a Stormtrooper, gets killed in a flash.

- Don't forget their humongous armor plating strapped all around their bodies, and being pitted as cyborgs in general make them already powerful than a human soldier on foot.

- If AT-AT's are a problem, throw in a Fomorian or packs of Armor-piercing turrets straight in the fight, artillery is best in Grineer arsenal.

- Darth Vader? Why not Vay Hek, ripping energy out of his body, putting all his cybernetics into a standstill and have Hek himself killed outright with Vader with more of the Grineer Lancers already overrunning Vader's Stormtrooper regime? Oh, another Vay Hek just came out of the cloning foundry.

- Grineer Accuracy > Corpus Accuracy > Stormtrooper Accuracy.

- Napalms. Just Napalms.

- Grineers use Ancient technology, more powerful than theirs, in order to eliminate their foes. Does the Empire do the same?

That's pretty much I found so far with the Grineer.

@Tarin

What makes u think that theres only 3 balors left? We havnt visited the Queens yet and we dont even know where their HQ exactly is plus we have no idea what they have instore for us in the futuure...they might have 6 balors or even 100 balors? who knows? Now a question comes up...why havnt they thrown all balors at us then? well using simple war logic...you dont throw everything at the enemy all at once.

Because they already DID throw everything at their enemy (us) at once. It was called Operation: Eyes of Blight. Seven Balors for our seven Relays. The destruction of three of those seven Balors was stated by the Queens to be an inexcusable and nearly-irreparable loss

With the kind of language the Queens had used in their letter to Hek, I don't see it being very likely that the Grineer have a large fleet of Balors in reserve. I'm pretty sure the ones that Hek was controlling -- now a mere three Balors -- was just about all they had

Edited by TARINunit9

That's all I was asking. Wasn't sure.

Oh. Derp.

Wonder who would win in a fight between Corrupted Vor and Vader. Vor is pretty much immortal, has complety invincibility in short bursts, can teleport and can summon beams at least as powerful as a sith lord's lightning abilities.

I don't think Vader has force lightning but Vor's lazorz are strong enough to slice through small ships.

Okay..in terms of physique attributes, I'd say maybe Grineer, if we're discarding the age factor. These guys are cloned and born from the best soldier prints, packed with combat augments and modifications. They're well above peak human capabilities, I'd say. Another major advantage is that they're capable of mass-producing thousands upon thousands in just a single day.

Tech-wise, eh. Most of their weaponry are quite decent, though the Republic is certainly better. We haven't really seen much of the Grineer fleet, except for the Fomorians/Galleons. The Republic have the better and a larger arsenal of fleets, better tech-wise, slicker, and are capable or better than a standard Fomorian's firepower.

Tactical warfare. The Republic takes this any day. On the Grineer side, we haven't seen any war geniuses. Most of the time, the Grineer just simply overwhelm their enemies through sheer force and numbers, hardly any strategic planning can be seen. Tyl Regor/Sargas Ruk might be capable of something, but the Replubic still takes this.

*Though, the Grineer have a trump card, Tyl Regor. IF he can mass-produce his Tubemen, then tables might turn for the Grineer. Manic-cyborg-soldiers speedblitzing while shooting nukes all over the field, Regor's a genius. Also, if they manage to keep pumping out more specialized-units, such as the likes of the G-3, Baliffs, Prosecutors(?), the Grineer will completely stomp the standard Republic infantry.

Republic takes this 5-6/10.

*if mass-cloning of theses super soldiers were to be achieved, the Grineer might get a 3-4/10 win.

Edited by SeraIngvir

Oh. Derp.

I don't think Vader has force lightning but Vor's lazorz are strong enough to slice through small ships.

Vader does have Force Lightning, however, using it causes himself intense pain before of the mechanical limbs. He has used force lightning a number of times in Comics/Books and in every instance he shorted out his life support or caused himself a great deal of damage.