Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653910748817719296

"goal is to kill the camera popping and instead launch 'time warped selves' to do the assassinations..."

i hope this turns out OK. Am i the only Ash player that actually LIKES the idea behind his current ultimate? I like the feeling of casting an ultimate, teleporting to several enemies in a flurry and returning to my location amidst a sea of dead bodies. There's something just cool about it. Of course there are things i would improve like the camera angles, adding more kjill animations and allowing us to stop it early- but i really hope they don't kill the entire move and turn it into an exalted blade clone/stancw or another basic ult where you just cast clones.

To me BS feels like Akuma's rising demon ultimate in Street Fighter. That is a game that prides itself on fine control, yet it allows for supercombos where you can just sit back and watch the action. i see nothing wrong with that.

IMO, if its just a move where you toss a bunch of clones at the enemies, it will be another typical ult and not really feel all that different from just casting a magic attack.

EDIT: *can a mod add a space between Ash'sBS and change BS to Blade Storm in title. thanks

The current Bladestorm is great damage wise but the fact it takes away the control and the animations and camera are lacking terribly it was voted to be made interactive as the upcoming rework.

I will say I love how Bladestorm looks when I see an ally doing it but when I do it it feels horrible and since i have arcane trickery i cnt see anything except enemies be slapped around. This is why I do Bladestorm in smoke screen like Koga taught me xD

Well yeah i will, when frames will stop destroying a whole room just by pressing 1 key, then i'll be satisfied.

Of course i'm mainly talking about saryn (that will take a buff....) and ash

Pretty much this. When ultimates can be spammed to devastating results this takes any interactivity away and the game gets dull. Whether its a team mate that does this, or the player it can feel like a cop out.

Why would I bother aiming for head shots, or doing a melee slide attack into a group of enemies when I can press a single button and clear the room? Obviously powers such as Saryn's Miasma or Ash's bladestorm aren't the only problem, you have to take into consideration corrupted mods and the broken energy economy as well but if powers like these were more interactive, or even had a good balance of utility and damage instead of just being for clearing enemies out, they would be more interesting IMO. We already have an abundance of CC across many frames, why not supplement these powers with more utility?

Imagine if Miasma could be leveraged more as large area persistent corrosive debuff than just a damage ability? Maybe if you had a Saryn in your group running T4's then CP wouldn't feel as mandatory for long runs.

At the same time why not have Bladestorm be more interactive as well instead of just a damage ability? Maybe if they run with idea of Ash spawning clones, have the clones also act as decoys and let them take aggro for the team in a specified radius rather just making Ash invulnerable during the animation time. It would help him to be less of a solo Frame and actual bring something to the team. 

-snip-

Yeah i really wonder why do we need to make proper weapon and play properly when another guy is spamming 4 as saryn or ash.

I do admit it's nice to have saryn's miasma when you have to do 20 exterminate keys just for a godamn prime part. But when you're just playing regular mission and you've a guy destroying the whole map by pressing a key... it turns lame.

Yeah i really wonder why do we need to make proper weapon and play properly when another guy is spamming 4 as saryn or ash.

I do admit it's nice to have saryn's miasma when you have to do 20 exterminate keys just for a godamn prime part. But when you're just playing regular mission and you've a guy destroying the whole map by pressing a key... it turns lame.

So what does this have to do with making BS into a dull ability?

also, when i play with an Ash player, its still easy to get kills, its not a fast nuke. Many times you can even kill an enemy before a clone gets to them. Ash is an offensive frame. Most offensive frames excel; at killing. If you dont have one of these frames, then maybe you shouldt be focused on getting the most kills.

So what does this have to do with making BS into a dull ability?

I never said it's related to making Blade Storm into a dull ability, but in making Blade Storm into a non "press 4 to wipe out the full room" ability.

And once again for people saying "it's not fast and doesn't deal so much damage", i will answer with "finisher damage type" and "immortality". And since some updates, you can even add "melee attack speed".

Please don't be a nerf in disguise. Please. I like playing Ash. I like Bladestorming an entire crowd. It's at a spot where it functions beautifully. I mean-does anyone else remember how bad Bladestorm used to be? How utterly buggy it was? It's in a wonderful spot, where it's been fixed and buffed and is fun and usable. Please don't change it. Please don't nerf.

Bladestorm is actually in a really good place right now balance wise.

The only problem is the interactivity of it which is moot except when choosing a target to base the area of the storm around

Several things I don't like about blade storm:

1.Performance can be very different due to the tile rule. (some big areas are considered a single open tile and you can hit all targets, while some areas are small and combined by different tiles so that you can't target your enemies well.)

2.Non host may suffer painful delay between each attack.

3.Sometimes it uses very weird fov.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I'm hoping that it does not turn out (similarly as you said, regarding simply tossing clones at enemies) like Rumblers with the only differences being looks and the way they attack. I also hope they don't listen to a lot of the community and turn it into yet another stance. We have three frames that utilize this type of ability, I personally think we need a break because it risks redundancy.

Yea, if it summons clones only, we lose the tactical usage of it's invulnerability for emergency (bombards' missiles almost hit you).

I have a feeling that blade Storm change is probably not going to please everyone easily.

FWIW i do think bladestorm could use some improvements

BUT, if DE does to bladestorm what they did to Mesa's Peacemaker... =[

Please don't be a nerf in disguise. Please. I like playing Ash. I like Bladestorming an entire crowd. It's at a spot where it functions beautifully. I mean-does anyone else remember how bad Bladestorm used to be? How utterly buggy it was? It's in a wonderful spot, where it's been fixed and buffed and is fun and usable. Please don't change it. Please don't nerf.

Yea, if it summons clones only, we lose the tactical usage of it's invulnerability for emergency (bombards' missiles almost hit you).

I have a feeling that blade Storm change is probably not going to please everyone easily.

Lets all hope and Pray DE dont give Bladestorm the R.I.Peacemaker treatment. If they soo happen to tragically do this to Ash i will quit playing till they fix this. I cant pretend to like playing a Game if the main Warframe I play is ruined.

I dont pretend to smile at someone if I dont like them, thats 2 faced and fake. Lets be honest Bladestorm rework seems more like a Nerf on DEs end instead of a buff. Feels like community complaints in the shadows tryna ruin Ash and make other Frames stand out as OP in Draco etc...

Hopefully Im wrong and DE gives Ash the Exalted Blade/Hysteria treatment

I smell a loss of Invincibility and Trickery procs due to the New Bladestorm :(

Edited by AKKILLA

Pretty much this. When ultimates can be spammed to devastating results this takes any interactivity away and the game gets dull. Whether its a team mate that does this, or the player it can feel like a cop out.

Why would I bother aiming for head shots, or doing a melee slide attack into a group of enemies when I can press a single button and clear the room? Obviously powers such as Saryn's Miasma or Ash's bladestorm aren't the only problem, you have to take into consideration corrupted mods and the broken energy economy as well but if powers like these were more interactive, or even had a good balance of utility and damage instead of just being for clearing enemies out, they would be more interesting IMO. We already have an abundance of CC across many frames, why not supplement these powers with more utility?

Imagine if Miasma could be leveraged more as large area persistent corrosive debuff than just a damage ability? Maybe if you had a Saryn in your group running T4's then CP wouldn't feel as mandatory for long runs.

At the same time why not have Bladestorm be more interactive as well instead of just a damage ability? Maybe if they run with idea of Ash spawning clones, have the clones also act as decoys and let them take aggro for the team in a specified radius rather just making Ash invulnerable during the animation time. It would help him to be less of a solo Frame and actual bring something to the team. 

I understand what your saying but are players suppose to stop casting abilities for your patient headshots lying in wait?

The issue here is "More enemies spawned" Enemies should spawn in more and give us a better challenge. I think if each Node had its level but a Difficulty selection in each map to challenge players this could help.

Make some Tile sets have options like "Blade and Gun" ONLY for all You hard core weapon experts that wish to Play Call of Duty in a space ninja game.

Just dont come to a Game thats about space ninjas were we cast abilities and try to change that. We cast abilities here and ALOT constantly.

We spam 1-2-3-4 and Noone should tell a Player how to Play. After all this is a game to be played how ever each individual wants.

If You dont like how other players Troll in game, Abort mission and play with Friends or play solo.

Theres alternatives to these complaints and issues. Most of these issues seem more like Public match issues and players having a Hard time coping and getting along with each other.

I will say this because Ashs Bladestorm doesnt Ruin all the Kills as You could stilll Kill, but now SARYN xD oh boy thats another issue to Cry about yet I love her dearly :)

This guys want nerf area skills, but want play with tonkor or other kill em all weapon, this s total stupid , i play warframe exactly for skills if i want play only with weapons , just play battlefield

Who said we play with tonkor ?

I only use tonkor against infected because it's one of the rare weapon you don't need forma to explode everything.

And because infected are awfully lame to aim.

Abilities in warframe are a good thing but not when they're brainded to use like ash's 4.

IMO, its not necessary. Many of those crying about "wanting more control" are really just asking for a nerf so it takes longer for Ash players to get kills. Everything, but their favorite ability, needs to be a single target, manually input ability.

We shouldn't need to control EVERY stab of BS. Even PvP fighting games that give you precise control, allow for ultimate moves that involve an automated sequence of hits. The argument that the game "takes away control" from an Ash player or "letting the game play itself" is ridiculous. Its an ultimate move, its ok if it involves a cutscene. Its unique among the other ultimates in the game.

This guys want nerf area skills, but want play with tonkor or other kill em all weapon, this s total stupid , i play warframe exactly for skills if i want play only with weapons , just play battlefield

Because battlefield allows you to jump around like a ninja, melt enemies with a heat ray, and punch enemies so hard they split in half.

IMO, its not necessary. Many of those crying about "wanting more control" are really just asking for a nerf so it takes longer for Ash players to get kills. Everything, but their favorite ability, needs to be a single target, manually input ability.

We shouldn't need to control EVERY stab of BS. Even PvP fighting games that give you precise control, allow for ultimate moves that involve an automated sequence of hits. The argument that the game "takes away control" from an Ash player or "letting the game play itself" is ridiculous. Its an ultimate move, its ok if it involves a cutscene. Its unique among the other ultimates in the game.

I would totally agree with the cutscenes if the camera was panned out like Volts speed and the animations where EPIC but as we do know Ashs Bladestorm animations look bad.

It actually looks cooler if you watch a client do BS instead of doing it Yourself. Bladestorm to me feels like a Super Stealth Finisher with Clones.

I understand your concern for Bladestorm changes and Me and Koga always talk about this because who knows what these changes may do to Ash, it may take away his Invincibility in Bladestorm and may also ruin Arcane Trickery which DE need to take into consideration as we all spent plat on this expensive enhancement.

If the Animations looked better, camera was spaced out to see the action, and they added a Quik Time event or just Press E to make Bladestorm attack then it would maybe fix the issues it has currently. 

I will admit I love BS but it feels in need of a slight fix, not a destructive rework to ruin Him and make Loki Fans Cry in Victory

Edited by AKKILLA

Id prefer they give him less targets than destroy the ability.

Thats nuts

Please for the love of god, no.

You cant say something is bad if You dont know about it. I can imagine a Bladestorm drain toggle actually being OP and everyone later on Complaining its too OP. 

Hopefully DE make Bladestorm Awesome like they did to Excal. Ash deserves some Love

You cant say something is bad if You dont know about it. I can imagine a Bladestorm drain toggle actually being OP and everyone later on Complaining its too OP.

Hopefully DE make Bladestorm Awesome like they did to Excal. Ash deserves some Love

I can say with backup that yet another stance ult will be redundant. We have 3 frames now that have accomplished this, two of which happened within months. If Blade Storm receives a stance rework, it's absolutely pathetic and I'm probably going to just stop maining Ash due to the ruined ult.

This is the main subject I seriously do not want DE to listen to the community about. Ash needs to remain unique and Blade Storm is already an incredibly unique ability. Turning it into another stance would be one of the biggest disappointments of my time with Warframe.

However, if you're simply implying more interactivity and not specifically a stance, that's fine.

Edited by LazerSkink

but i really hope they don't kill the entire move and turn it into an exalted blade clone/stance or another basic ult where you just cast clones.

It is already another basic ultimate. It is just from the era where all the ultimates were AOE damage only it has fancy animations, making slower than all of the other copy paste AOEs from that era.

It really isnt. It is just an AOE nuke like all of the frames from that era except Loki had

I can say with backup that yet another stance ult will be redundanr . We have 3 frames now that have accomplished this, two of which happened within months. If Blade Storm receives a stance rework, it's absolutely pathetic and I'm probably going to just stop maining Ash due to the ruined ult.

However, if you're simply implying more interactivity and not specifically a stance, that's fine. 

How is Bladestorm becoming a stance ulti?

Hysteria isnt a Stance, if thats what You are implying? What other abilities are as follows Stance wise?

WoF is Toggle Drain now and isnt a Stance either and has Toggle Drain.

Now that You say Stance Ulti why not? Hysteria should have a Mod with Combos like Exalted Blade. Im Humble Opinion i think Exalted Blade is Fantastic although it is abit OP i dont find it bother some it makes me feel like im in some cool space ninja anime xD

Btw why doesnt Slash attacks have this effect?

trace-cut-effect.gif?w=595

This could be added to Ashs BS effects when He strikes enemies, Not exactly a Blade wave but a Slash effect upon strikes. 

A nice effect and gore for visual eye candy. +1

Edited by AKKILLA