Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

at this point, i'd even prefer a stance over "throwing" ash clones to kill. The way it was described didnt sound appealing at all.  

Told ya soo. I Pray these Clones can proc Arcane Trickery because that is important to Ash builds and was a very expensive piece to attain.

Should I make a separate thread about Trickery and Bladestorm? This shouldnt be over looked

Bladestorm and its cinematic part was "that something" what made me install Warframe:)

If DE delete this I will be more than dissapointed. There are plenty of other ways of makeing BS more interactive and at the same time keep his identity.

BS DONT NEED A REWORK it only needs some tweeks:

- better camera

- ability to end it quicker (maybe clones can continue to perform:)

- less hits but more dmg in it (instead of 18x4k lets make 9x8)

- etc

Edited by Kripion

This made soo much sense and solved a World of problems. The forums is a place I am easily getting afraid of :(

Making Bladestorm his 3 and eliminating his 1 or 2 was simply following the Excaliber rework method; Super Jump goes away, RJ goes from 4 to 3, and the new 4 as Exalted Blade is introduced.

The potential problem is that they seem to be trying to follow the Mesa rework model, which presents a bit of an "apples and oranges" problem. I don't know if you can retroactively shoehorn an interactive component onto Bladestorm, risk losing Ash's identity, and simply compensate with more damage and think fans will be ok with it.

As far as losing another ability:

His Shuriken could go away and be a passive added to thrown melee weapons.

As far as losing another ability:

His Shuriken could go away and be a passive added to thrown melee weapons.

Teleport could actually be turned into a teleport+execute. Just replace that stagger with a finisher attack with rehused Bladestorm animations and add a pop up effect similar to Valkyr's Ripline allowing you to perform many Teleports in rapid succession.

More than anything, I just want the camera angles to be improved on Bladestorm.

Although, I do like the idea of having BS used while holding down 4 and ending the ult when you release 4. That way you don't need to waste too much energy; just enough to clear the right amount of enemies around you.

I Forever said this, but a Few of You hear said "I dont want another Stance Ultimate like Exalted Blade" Guess what?!

STANCE ULTIMATE sounds a Million times better because some of You dont want similar concepts to not break each others niches.

A Stance Bladestorm will be in fact very innovative allowing the usage of all his abilities in synergy, mobility and attack speed is increased (X%)

I have mentioned this a Million times in my threads. unfortunately my ideas are soo terrible why bother right in theses Forums?

Cuz I Love this Game and I Love Ash thats why! Because I Main him since Day 1 and Bladestorm animation brought Me here! 

DE Decieves Eyes with Slick animations in the Trailer and in Game they Make the animation a shorter Gimped version of what it Really is supppose to be.

QualifiedImmenseDodobird.gif

BIIIIG DIFFERENCE HUH? lol

Blade Storm Should be Ashs True Form He should take the Visual Image of the Oni Demon with 2 Elite Shadow Clones formed by Void energy.

I5fJYPS.jpg

I requested My good Buddy Fulcrvm to design this Oni Helmet as a concept for an Alternate Ash helmet but it struck Me!

A Unique Bladestorm Mode similar to ExaltedBlade/Hysteria but with its unique style ofcoarse cuz its BLADESTORM not Exalted Blade or Hysteria.

It just uses similar Meta functions as the 2 and is commonly easy to Mod and understand how to utilize. 

This was also something that could have been done to Peacemaker but DE i guess doesnt wanna make everything the Same for the Communities sake but I wouldnt Mind Peacemaker like EB/Hysteria/Bladestorm Ulti Stance.

Imagine Peacemaker where You can Run and Parkour with the drain toggle mechanic, and You could utilize 1-2-and 3 each offering synergy in your Ulti and a greater effect. Shatter shield offering -90% dmg reduc and My personal Fav (SHOOTING GALLERY) offers a nice CC that Jams all enemies Guns near Mesa at and stays on Mesa but Buffs Allies who are within (Xm) Range from Mesa. This will Offer alot more then what they did to Peacemaker. The Idea i offer to Peacemaker is another stance ulti and it doesnt feel like EB Hysteria or Bladestorm and it keeps it unique and Fresh.

Idk why people make this foolish claims open minded people understand my ideas others who dont really dont readMy threads thoroughly.

Back to OP Ash having this Ulti Stance Bladestorm idea is a Guaranteed Home Run concept idc what anyone says, I put alot of heart into it and Maybe I will create it as My own mini game one day and Add the whole entire Kit I Invision on Ash since DE is incompetent atm to actually listen to a REAL ASH FAN The Biggest Fan Boy in this Community I will take that Title any day Over anyone I breathe Ash but I love and have Mastered every Frame atm I need Trinity Prime and Shes My Main in Raids I run EV and Im loving her Vampire Leech augment.

The fact I now Love every Warframe is because Ash captivated My soul and I have dedicated a Year to Warframe and I became a Warframer Im here to Stay soo Get Use to Koga unless DE Perma Bans Me You better pay Me every penny back! xD

Seriously I Love Warframe and I have learned alot playing this game and I have Made good Friends and some Haters aswell.

But I love the game and I hope that DE doesnt Shatter My Dream Warframe and ruin My expectations of this Game. 

Unlike some of You out here I only Play Warframe My friends offer Me to play League or Terra Vindictus etc.. Im like Nah bruh Ima play some Warframe xD

I love this Game dont Ruin Ash pls if it comes down to it Leave it as is. I surrender My reworks for the sake of Preserveing Why Koga exists in the First place 

ash_by_me9a7-d6njt30.jpg

Clearly we won't be able to turn around DE on this as this never happens, but if they're going to change the way the ability works at the very least making it stay true to it's concept would be enough.

I imagine something like Ash 'turning' into an 'invisible/smoke form' of sorts, this would be a state that allows him to pick targets to strike. In sequence Ash and his clones would respectively strike each target being selected, with Ash always being first.

Teleport could actually be turned into a teleport+execute. Just replace that stagger with a finisher attack with rehused Bladestorm animations and add a pop up effect similar to Valkyr's Ripline allowing you to perform many Teleports in rapid succession.

Yes

Clearly we won't be able to turn around DE on this as this never happens, but if they're going to change the way the ability works at the very least making it stay true to it's concept would be enough.

I imagine something like Ash 'turning' into an 'invisible/smoke form' of sorts, this would be a state that allows him to pick targets to strike. In sequence Ash and his clones would respectively strike each target being selected, with Ash always being first.

and Yes

All I would add is this #2:

Smoke Screen gets a cloud AOE that reduces enemy accuracy and increases allied melee damage while turning Ash invisible. Augment works as it does now, allies in the cloud also go invisible. It would then be reasonable to add a 25% duration and range SS to his teleport ability, but that's optional. 

"Will ash ult just create 2 clones to kill while ash stays normal? because that's what i always wanted !"

steve: "That's the idea... so far :)"

Wow, it sounds worse and worse everytime i read something about it. Are they really going to give Ash ninja rumblers? how is this more interactive? 

Do you Ash players really want this over bladestorm? Shooting two clones off to kill while you go about your business. It seems even more brain dead than before. im at a loss for words. I guess im in the minority when it comes to NOT wanting copy paste abilities.

Is this what DE wants now, Ults that work for you while you play normally or ults that dont really change your basic playstyle-i.e EB is really just melee, or Rumblers just let you keep on shooting, or Ember WoF is basically a passive, Mesa ult is basically her guns, etc. EB was great as a change of pace, but im not digging Des new ultimate philosophy.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/661318611731161088

Edited by Hypernaut1

Is this what DE wants now, Ults that work for you while you play normally or ults that dont really change your basic playstyle-i.e EB is really just melee, or Rumblers just let you keep on shooting, or Ember WoF is basically a passive, Mesa ult is basically her guns, etc. EB was great as a change of pace, but im not digging Des new ultimate philosophy.

Trust me, I am rather worried about what Steve said on Twitter. BladeStorm is fun as it is, but tweaks could be made to make it more interactive yet unique. However what has been said on Twitter are not the tweaks to do that. Change can be good, but it is not always good to change.

"Will ash ult just create 2 clones to kill while ash stays normal? because that's what i always wanted !"

Wow, it sounds worse and worse everytime i read something about it. Are they really going to give Ash ninja rumblers? how is this more interactive?

Do you Ash players really want this over bladestorm? Shooting two clones off to kill while you go about your business. It seems even more brain dead than before. im at a loss for words. I guess im in the minority when it comes to NOT wanting copy paste abilities.

OH NO PLZ NO

I hope DE wont do it to my favorite frame;/

Sometimes rework is not necessary. Maybe its better to create another frame for those that dont like ASH and his BS???

Edited by Kripion

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the idea of taking ash out of the combat.  Puts him more as an organizer of the hit instead of him delivering the hit himself.  I'd rather see them change it to something more involved for Ash himself.  It seems like they're just trying to get away from the big room clearing insta nukes which I'm fine with but my only thing is that I want to be the one killing stuff.  Ash is a killer.  Trained assassin.  Give him more skills that compliment his ability to kill vs directing others to kill for him.  Exalted blade wouldn't be as fun if xcal handed the blade off to a clone and said "go kill stuff".  I guess we'll have to see how it goes but ultimately the skills like landslide, exalted blade, slash dash, and soon rhino's charge skill are the ones I tend to like.  

"conceptually its not a clone, it's like that emperor in rid$&*^ movie-it's him, but way fast :)"

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/661677439139975168

ok, this is the first not so terrible- news i've heard about the BS rework.

for reference-

https://youtu.be/WPqtCfbLQug?t=1m5s (1:05)

I still dont see where throwing them out like shurikens fits into that. I wouldn't mind if Ash plays similar to that scene in Rid$&*^, but please dont take Ash out of the move.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I Forever said this, but a Few of You hear said "I dont want another Stance Ultimate like Exalted Blade" Guess what?!

A STANCE ULTIMATE sounds a Million times better because some of You dont want similar concepts to not break each others niches.

A Stance Bladestorm will be in fact very innovative allowing the usage of all his abilities in synergy, mobility and attack speed is increased (X%)

I have mentioned this a Million times in my threads. unfortunately my ideas are soo terrible why bother right in theses Forums?

Cuz I Love this Game and I Love Ash thats why! Because I Main him since Day 1 and Bladestorm animation brought Me here!

DE Decieves Eyes with Slick animations in the Trailer and in Game they Make the animation a shorter Gimped version of what it Really is supppose to be.

QualifiedImmenseDodobird.gif

BIIIIG DIFFERENCE HUH? lol

Um, not tryin to spoil your fun but he allready has a teleport. Think a piercing stance with a very low range, zero defense, time wasted traveling and how would you implement clones without making him a mirage clone? A stance would most likely give 1/16 of the effect BS gives now.

This is bad for him. VERY bad. Might work out just fine if you fuse bladestorm, teleport and smokebomb, to result in a invisible, fast-traveling stance. But do we rly want a complete rework?

Or, would DE rly go the way to rework him? Instead of just f*cking him up?...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108