The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

#3. I think there should be a merger.  I really like getting that BP drop... much better than some token.  By the same token (haha) maybe if they did some sort of login token, or token/drop. or both. I can see the benefit of collecting tokens for some reward, but then its just another resource to collect.

I would greatly prefer to have both at the same time.

The good thing about RNG is that with a bit of luck you can and will get anything you want.

The bad thing about RNG is that it depends solely on your luck, and developers are evil when they decide how high your chances are.

The good thing about a token system is that you will always eventually get what you want if you play enough

The bad thing about a token system is that it depends on how much time you spend in the game, which means unless you play tons (like league of legends) you wont be getting many goods and it's just about as much of a farm as RNG, but will easily be more farm than RNG ever was!.

I say both (3).

Edited by Rabcor

Already been mentioned I am fairly sure..I know Rng is a bitc...pain sometimes but also sometimes it smiles on you also, I think we tend to ignore these cases and focus on the bashing your head against the wall times..

Not sure where I am going with this but..I will live with whatever is decided I guess. :)

I would vote 3. To be more specific I would add a token system in addition to the random drops. So leave the current system (maybe look at the frequency of some of the drops), and give tokens for specific actions. I suggest that tokens be given out to the whole team at mission completion. So maybe one per mission completion, one per objective (to reward those weird changing missions), and maybe one per boss kill.

I don't think that we should give rewards individually because you'll already run into folks who play in online mode and murder the boss before you can get there. If you were rewarded based on raw kill stats or something you'd see folks killing everything by running a few meter ahead of you. It also encourages people to play together if the rewards are shared evenly. A lot of the time I know that I could be dealing just as much damage as everybody else, but I'm running a slower frame.

This would be a good way to make sure that players always felt like they were advancing, but stil gives folks the the fun if getting random lucky stuff.

Vote for 3.

On another topic this game is becoming a farming/grinding/achievement of materials game more than an action game, i do love to see new content toward story and development of the lore instead of discussing so much about materials and tokens.

i hope i was clear as english is not my first language.

I'm gonna say #2 on this but they way it is now is fine but they could implement a segmented or tiered system within the loot table.  The top tier rare drops could needs to have its own RNG, but limited(though I have no idea if this isnt the case now).

i hate tokens, it makes everything way to easy.

if rng would be replaced for tokens, i would possibly quit.

a hybrid for some special rewards would be not bad, but not for everything

so my vote goes for 3

Edited by LazerusKI