Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced To Use Gear We Don't Want

Drakonnan180

Looking at the mastery system we are being forced out of the weapons we want to use due to not being able to obtain any mastery points once they hit rank 30. I don't believe using forma to prestige gives more mastery points but if it does then i guess it's okay. What i suggest however is that once a item hits rank 30 it can keep "leveling" the requirement to reach rank 30. For example you get your item or frame to rank 30 then the exp bar will have to get as much exp from 29->30 and when it does the bar will reset, but still give you the mastery points. This way it's still more practical to use other weapons frequently but we're not forced to change if we don't want to.

Edited by Drakonnan180

To be honest, I didn't like the way mastery is gained ever since I started playing Warframe.

Leveling Weapons you don't even want is really annoying, especially those that essentially are a different looking copy of a weapon you already leveled before.

Best way to level is going to a mobile defense with 3 others, pubs even, and use a leveled weapon while leveling up the two other weapons. Defense missions are good exp, too, but mobile defense are the best.

When ya get better you'll be able to level 3 weapons at once, provided you have a weapon good enough to contribute damage with, i.e. level 18 or so with the right mods. By the time you reach 30 with that weapon another weapon should be around that level.

Mastery Rank 9 here, and requiring other weapons and warframes to level it up is not a significant challenge to overcome. Not yet at least.

Video of Mobile Defense:

You shouldnt be forced to use weapons you dont want just "to extend game time". Thats what I thought Forma was supposed to do, needing to re-level it again to get the bonuses. Levels are levels, experience is still experience. It should add to your mastery level. Especially considering Forma is kind of hard to get in the first place. If not, why make us re-level things to begin with? Kinda upset it doesnt give me more experience actually.

personally, I like when a game makes me play with other weapons im not usually comfortable with as long as they are good. I didn't like the idea of shotguns and I tried out the strun. Now my favorite weapon.

plus, gotta catch em all.

You shouldnt be forced to use weapons you dont want just "to extend game time". Thats what I thought Forma was supposed to do, needing to re-level it again to get the bonuses. Levels are levels, experience is still experience. It should add to your mastery level. Especially considering Forma is kind of hard to get in the first place. If not, why make us re-level things to begin with? Kinda upset it doesnt give me more experience actually.

You relvl it to get another polarity slot....

I like the idea to broarden your horizons by trying new stuff, but it shouldnt have to be a massive priority. Hopefully when more gear becomes mastery locked they can look into this issue. People dont want to spend thier materials and time on weapons they dont want to use, i often feel compelled to stick with an item I dont like just to get the mastery points from it. The game stops becoming fun when it tells you to play a certain way.

Edit: Especially with frames, considering they give 200 points per level i believe. I want to use frames I like and not feel obligated to rank them just to get the feel that im progressing in the game.

Edited by Drakonnan180

A true warrior learns to take what is given and make it their own. For example, perhaps you do not like sniper rifles. Fair enough, then use it as an extremely impractical and hard-to-aim shotgun. Every weapon has its own advantages and a best way to use it, and learning to adjust to that is not only beneficial for the future, but is also a key part of any shooter. All shooters, first-person or third-person, normally have missions that require you to use sniper rifles, shotguns, automatic weapons, pistols, ranged explosives, specialized weapons like flamethrowers, and sometimes even just a knife. Those games put you in a situation in which the weapons it provides are useful and even necessary, Warframe is different in that all weapons are useful in every mission in some regard, and learning to use them as such is a good experience. 

I suppose it really all just comes down to learning. It's important to learn, and using something entertaining to do so is always wonderful. Yes, you must go outside of your comfort zone a bit, but once you do, you'll expand your comfort zone, and make it that much easier to move on to more different weapons. 

I want my Formaed gear to count towards mastery. No ifs and or butts.

You can't master the same thing twice. ...Unless you hit yourself in the head in an effort to induce amnesia or something.

Likewise, a true master is versed in the proficient use of many tools. Your rash insistence to rely on the same techniques in perpetuity belie your claims of mastery. :-).

Dunno about the OP but I enjoy collecting weapons and trying them out.

Now, most of them I'm going to sell. True. But still, I will level them to 30 for mastery, and sell them if I don't think they are "keepers".

For example...

Lato? probably sell it or make an Aklato with it.

Cronus? Sold it.

Skana? It just can't level fast enough (it is like 22 or somecrap and it goes up so stinking slowly).

But...

Glaive? Oh yes I'm keeping that nice little thing.

Gorgon? You kidding me? rat-tat-tat-tat-ata-ata-tatatatatatata. I love this gun, it looks and sounds epically awesome.

Bronco? Only thing better than a Bronco is a pair of em.

Can't wait to try the Hek.

Might also go pick up a Boltor after seeing my friend utterly tear crap up with it.

And nearly every other weapon I will likely try at some point.

Some are keepers... some are those I'll just sell.

You can't master the same thing twice. ...Unless you hit yourself in the head in an effort to induce amnesia or something.

Likewise, a true master is versed in the proficient use of many tools. Your rash insistence to rely on the same techniques in perpetuity belie your claims of mastery. :-).

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Personally I agree with those who believe we should get mastery points for re-mastering a favorite weapon. I refuse to re-level items with Jiggys since the only benefit is adding/ altering polarities. I don't feel like subjecting myself to "re-mastering" a weapon and the only reward is being able to use slightly better mods only to redo the process again. I have almost every frame and I'd LOVE to Jiggy them up If I got mastery points from using a Jiggy. I want De to "shut up and take my money" cause of this amazing game they are creating. I just don't have the motivation to do it though and this was easily one of the things I was looking forward to, because I thought it would allow added mastery points. An as such I refuse to even build the few blueprints I have for them let alone buy em' till allowing mastery points as part of re-leveling items becomes a thing. 

I'm still leveling other items but it's just so slow now that I've burnt up all but three frames, one which is farmable, one which is either buy or get lucky with alerts(which i haven't been lucky with), and that last is farmable but needs void keys. If anything once you get a weapon to say level 15-20ish you can tell if you're going to want to keep it or just toss it out. Most of the new ones i'm trying, I utterly hate, I just want to get over with so i can level something else, not for fun but what feels like necessity just to progress further in rank. Instead of leveling something I enjoy playing with which could do the same thing. Hopefully with the clan specific weapons I'll have a little more fun with em.

Tl;Dr: Get's stale running the same missions just to level hated weapons, when I could do so with ones I enjoy that get Jiggied if they granted mastery rank.

This game has really changed how I do things. Normally in games I tend to figure out which weapons have the average best damage and which one suits me and stick with that. However, the mastery system is brilliant in my opinion as it forces you to adapt to new weaponry and Warframes which does make you a better player as you learn new tactics. However, if your playing style is to "get gun, stick with gun" (or invent tactic, stay with tactic)  this game certainly isn't going to work for you in the long run.

Edited by Hap-muhr