Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion And Suggestions For My New Limbo Build.

(XBOX)bigttgothgrl

Question

So, recently I have become really good with Limbo, haven't needed natural talent, I hardly die, and I very little get to the point where I may die. I have also forma'd him 3 times.

So I have decided to try a new build. (Note: this is made with the mods I have)

-Energy Siphon

-Handspring

-Flow

-Addrenaline Rush

-Quick Thinking

-Transient Fortitude Lvl 5

-Continuity

-Intensify

-Stretch

-Cataclysm Continuum.

Edited by (XB1)F8 Ghost Pon3

6 answers to this question

One of the mods you list is a conclave mod. Limbo isn't even available in Conclave. 

I'm not sure what you are going for with this build? Is it meant for defense, or more general purpose use? 

Either way, I would say Cataclysm Continuum is not very good, and I really would recommend Natural Talent, but you don't have to use it. 

For me I usually try to go with as much duration as possible on Limbo -- power strength really doesn't help him much. 

Adrenaline Boost is a PVP Mod, you can't (AFAIK?) use any of those in regular play.

Do you really need that much / any Strength?

Your damage should mainly come from shooting / melee-ing freshly banished doods,

Cataclysm isn't really viable as a "nuke" past lower levels I imagine.

E.g. Streamline might help more.

Also, yay Overextended.

### Disclaimer: Limbo noob here :P ###

Basically there's two categories of Limbo setups: Defensive and Offensive.

Defensive generally runs with a long duration; he drops Cata on an objective to protect it, and goes hunting, selectively targeting enemies into the Rift and taking them out one by one. Hunting Eximii, heavy units, etc. Haven offers some healing potential.

Offensive builds with +range and strength; he uses Cataclysm to bring large groups of enemies into the rift and nukes them down with an AoE weapon, taking advantage of the high damage amplification from Rift Surge (and the augment, if desired). 

The cataclysm augment is pretty pointless; Offensive doesn't want a long duration and defensive rarely actually kills inside the cataclysm.