Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carbon Excalibur (Wip)

markus230

I'd consider increasing the size of the carbon fiber weave pattern. One of the main reasons they are likely to reject things is if a lot of the detailing is just too hard to actually see in game very well. One of the things they warn against is lots of small lines and details because they don't look good in game.

Edited by Ceryk

Hmm... for a first impression, the details look pretty, but it feels to me like there's not enough difference from the standard skin.... maybe if we could see it colored?

I wanted to recolor it but... I can only paint whole skin, no matter what Tint map I upload, only Tint4 works and it dyes whole body

I'd consider increasing the size of the carbon fiber weave pattern. One of the main reasons they are likely to reject things is if a lot of the detailing is just too hard to actually see in game very well. One of the things they warn against is lots of small lines and details because they don't look good in game.

Thanks, I'll consider it

Edited by markus230

As a player who currently needs to play on low-low-low-all-low settings, that weave is definitely too fine to look good for me. I like the design as it's still close to the original, just with a fancy new jacket instead of a complete make-over.

I wanted to recolor it but... I can only paint whole skin, no matter what Tint map I upload, only Tint4 works and it dyes whole body

Thanks, I'll consider it

If you don't have an alpha channel the tint mask isn't read correctly. I put together some instructions for Photoshop: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/550360-so-how-does-one-get-started-on-tennogen-skins/#entry6188208

I think they more meant lots of tiny details that you can't really make out or make stuff too busy. Stuff like this that is meant to give a "textured" feel is probably fine. I mean if you look at E.G. Chroma SUPER close you can see his stuff is insanely detailed, but it looks like the texture of scales- it's not tons of little designs or something.