Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Be A Smartass, Part 2

Renegade343

1. Attend another mathematics class for the course (Basic Calculus). 

2. Calculus professor does mathematics with a √2 value in the mix, gets the result wrong due to using the wrong value of √2. 

3. Someone points it out, professor starts to try and find the correct value for √2. 

4. I get frustrated. 

5. I stood up, got to the board, and found the value for √2 with Taylor expansion, using less time and less space than the professor did. 

6. Professor was in shock as I exit the class early. 

Another true story. 

I've done something similar in the past when my 6th grade teacher was trying to act condescending to the class. He put a basic algebra problem on the board and nobody raised their hand. So I just walked up and wrote the values of X and Y and he kind of hated my guts after that.

Teachers tend to dislike it when a student threatens their credibility, especially in front of other students.

He may've been in shock at the time, but I'd be careful around him in the future. Humans aren't entirely logical.

This was somewhat mean, i ussually react better to negative stimuli then others, but not knowing your professor, be sure that he's is ok.

unless he's a A****** then F*** that guy. but right now it looks like you are the A******

Edited by Dwolfknight

This was somewhat mean, i ussually react better to negative stimuli but be sure that your professor is ok.

unless he's a A****** then F*** that guy. but right now it looks like you are the A******

Provided that he just reads off the slides made for his classes, I don't have a very high opinion of him. 

-In professor's mind-

Smartass>_>

-In your mind-

dumbass <_<

Hell no

-Professor

M0th3rfuck3r's gonna report me to the dean's office and take my job

-Rene

It's 1,4(....) right?

I remember that Euler is 0,7(....) but is inferior to Math.sqrt(2.0).

(yes,I wrote the square root in Java, I don't know what's the unicode value of the symbol)

Edit : woops! e is not 0,7 , it's 2,7! That's why maths aren't my cup of tea, I make too much little mistakes because I'm not careful enough...

Edited by unknow99

It's 1,4(....) right?

1.414, to three decimal places. I will always recommend people I teach to memorise it, as well as some common irrational numbers such as π, e, √3 etc., in the case a calculator is not available. 

I remember that Euler is 0,7(....) but is inferior to Math.sqrt(2.0).

Are you talking about Euler's number?

Huehuehue Wellcome my fellow programmer

Huehuehue wassup man, computer science studies do that effect... :p

it's u+221a.

Aaaaah thanks! I knew I saw it in one of my books.

1.414, to three decimal places. I will always recommend people I teach to memorise it, as well as some common irrational numbers such as π, e, √3 etc., in the case a calculator is not available. 

Are you talking about Euler's number?

Yep, I'm talking about e. :)