Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Difficulty Solo

Fail1322

All I'm getting from your response is : "I'm right, do it my way". Could You please tell me, what would be so game braking, if for example a solo player could take up up to 4 batteries (stack them up, as it was when the game mode appeared) on his way to extractor ?

Considering the case of not spawning Battery carriers - it happend to me, it happend to other people, so it does happen.

Leaving the extractor, and going for the next one - Yes, ofc I could, but I really don't like to waste time. 

The problem, as stated, was "solo is too difficult" NOT because it's actually difficult, but because he leaves the Extractor alone.

So is everyone saying that the solution, rather then being "don't leave the extractor unguarded too long" is to create a bunch of gimmicky and arbitrary mechanics to "fix" a non-existent problem.

* Lotus now auto summons them, so the amount of work has already been watered down.

* There is an infinite amount of Extractors, one can be activated every 30 seconds.

* Partially full extractors still drop the amount they extracted so far.

- They start with 50 seconds, and each Power cell adds 20, so the MINIMUM you will always get by keeping it alive for 50 seconds by standing on it then going to the next one is 50 Cryotic.

- 3 Power cells are ALL that are required for 100%, so if you allow to "carry 4" you are not only wasting one, you trivialize the idea of them dropping in the first place by hunting carriers.

The ENTIRE point of this kind of mission SHOULD be to split up the team, force them to detach themselves from the Extractor, yada yada.

The fact that right now the stupid AI units bring the batteries to us? It's a joke.

I should have to hunt them down while their mates get in the way and try to stop me. I wish I had the "problems" you have, that way, it would actually feel like I'm working for the mission, and not just playing a cheap Survival variant.

Edited by DSpite

The problem, as stated, was "solo is too difficult" NOT because it's actually difficult, but because he leaves the Extractor alone.

So is everyone saying that the solution, rather then being "don't leave the extractor unguarded too long" is to create a bunch of gimmicky and arbitrary mechanics to "fix" a non-existent problem.

* Lotus now auto summons them, so the amount of work has already been watered down.

* There is an infinite amount of Extractors, one can be activated every 30 seconds.

* Partially full extractors still drop the amount they extracted so far.

- They start with 50 seconds, and each Power cell adds 20, so the MINIMUM you will always get by keeping it alive for 50 seconds by standing on it then going to the next one is 50 Cryotic.

- 3 Power cells are ALL that are required for 100%, so if you allow to "carry 4" you are not only wasting one, you trivialize the idea of them dropping in the first place by hunting carriers.

The ENTIRE point of this kind of mission SHOULD be to split up the team, force them to detach themselves from the Extractor, yada yada.

The fact that right now the stupid AI units bring the batteries to us? It's a joke.

I should have to hunt them down while their mates get in the way and try to stop me. I wish I had the "problems" you have, that way, it would actually feel like I'm working for the mission, and not just playing a cheap Survival variant.

Seems like You mainly play to gather cryotic.

What I was thinking about was making it easier for ppl (like me) that want to get some void keys, when the excavation finishes (so guarding the excavator is a priority). 

Like the OP I also like to play solo. So I'm often on Triton. I can do fine alone till 1000 cryo. But there are problems as I said, when a battery carrier won't spawn. So I'm leaving unguarded extractor to get a battery (cause extractor stoped working) and it is a fairly normal occurence enemies (that just spawned after I left my post), just mow down it quite a bit, or are able to destroy it. If the excavation was nearly finished it is really annoying.

Btw. how Excavation worked earlier was much faster, especially when You were in a team. Excavators spawned with random time and it was a lot less than 90s (am not sure now, but it was lik ~50s). Liked the orignal better. Less time consuming.

They just need to make the Excavator health/shield stats scale with the mission level, just like with Defense and Mobile Defense.  I don't understand why they haven't done that already.

This they really need this so all frames can solo not just Nyx Loki or Frost they been on low shields/health since they where released they need this health/sheild buff bad.Also they are probly lazy which is probly true i mean who doesn't like being lazy every ounce in a while XD.The power cell batteries white color box when useing loot detector mods need a color change other then white boxs. They make syndicate missioins a pain when hunting medals.

It's a play style, not everyone has good enough internet anyways

i would agree with @kaiowa, because you gotta plan things out clearly before playing Warframe. Plus, we have region connections, if they still lag while playing in their region then that there's problem. And soloing isn't really a play style, it just a connection mode. I don't see why people are making such a big deal about it.

Seems like You mainly play to gather cryotic.

What I was thinking about was making it easier for ppl (like me) that want to get some void keys, when the excavation finishes (so guarding the excavator is a priority). 

Like the OP I also like to play solo. So I'm often on Triton. I can do fine alone till 1000 cryo. But there are problems as I said, when a battery carrier won't spawn. So I'm leaving unguarded extractor to get a battery (cause extractor stoped working) and it is a fairly normal occurence enemies (that just spawned after I left my post), just mow down it quite a bit, or are able to destroy it. If the excavation was nearly finished it is really annoying.

Btw. how Excavation worked earlier was much faster, especially when You were in a team. Excavators spawned with random time and it was a lot less than 90s (am not sure now, but it was lik ~50s). Liked the orignal better. Less time consuming.

Missions can't revolve about the fact that people want to "farm things". The mission has to produce resistance to being completed. Not sending energy carrying units directly at the player should in fact be one of the mechanics.

If you just sit under a Snow Globe, slaughter things and charge the extractors, you have an even MORE trivial mission type then Survival.

I can't even believe DE watered it down from what it used to be. You actually had to go and also charge up the search device before.

How damn easy do people want this game to be exactly?

Missions can't revolve about the fact that people want to "farm things". The mission has to produce resistance to being completed. Not sending energy carrying units directly at the player should in fact be one of the mechanics.

If you just sit under a Snow Globe, slaughter things and charge the extractors, you have an even MORE trivial mission type then Survival.

I can't even believe DE watered it down from what it used to be. You actually had to go and also charge up the search device before.

How damn easy do people want this game to be exactly?

Personally, I'd like it if any given mission of a particular level were of about equal difficulty to other missions of a similar level.