Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 40K

connorpistol

I have close to no knowledge about tabletop 40K, so I'm perfect to drop my 5 cents in this topic.

Wouldn't be best to make Grineer more like Death Korps, maybe Storm Troopers? I doubt that their armor is at Astartes level, and Flak armor fits better. Besides, SM are elite troops with quality over quantity, where Grineer prefer drowning the enemy in bodies, just like IG.

The real challenge would be unit composition though, I think. We fight such a chaotic mess of random enemies that seeing nine crewman with Lankas lead by a Nullifier just would not look right.  

Corpus would probably be easier since you could just make the proxies and and crewmen of the same denomination have identical numbers and be interchangeable to get that mix. Basic moa with laser and basic crewman with lanka have the same stats for themselves and their weapons. Railgun and Lanka crewman. Stompy moa and prod crewman.

Drones could just be wargear. Shield drone for the tech gives a 4+ invulnerable until you lose one wound (drone destroyed). Must be deployed during an assault phase and they can't attack that phase, so they have the same behavior as in-game where the player would deploy it early (when they're not in assault to lose attacks anyway) and it would be there while they're being shot at. Mine layers and leech ospreys would just be grenade-like bonuses.

Not sure about Grineer though... rollers, butchers, scorpions and lancers all seem like they'd have very different stats and weapons. Riot shields seem like they'd be more than just a saving throw.

The real challenge would be unit composition though, I think. We fight such a chaotic mess of random enemies that seeing nine crewman with Lankas lead by a Nullifier just would not look right.  

Corpus would probably be easier since you could just make the proxies and and crewmen of the same denomination have identical numbers and be interchangeable to get that mix. Basic moa with laser and basic crewman with lanka have the same stats for themselves and their weapons. Railgun and Lanka crewman. Stompy moa and prod crewman.

Drones could just be wargear. Shield drone for the tech gives a 4+ invulnerable until you lose one wound (drone destroyed). Must be deployed during an assault phase and they can't attack that phase, so they have the same behavior as in-game where the player would deploy it early (when they're not in assault to lose attacks anyway) and it would be there while they're being shot at. Mine layers and leech ospreys would just be grenade-like bonuses.

Not sure about Grineer though... rollers, butchers, scorpions and lancers all seem like they'd have very different stats and weapons. Riot shields seem like they'd be more than just a saving throw.

I feel like shields should grant a 6+ cover save or +1 to another cover save. It'd be useful should the armor be pierced.

I guess you guys are right, Grineer should come in larger numbers and have 4+ armor since they lack any and all vehicles/transports. Still, their weak, Cloned flesh should give them lower toughness than regular people. Could probably also give most units an option that gives 5+ or 6+ FNP.

I'm kinda aiming for a mix between Ad mech and marines.

I feel like shields should grant a 6+ cover save or +1 to another cover save. It'd be useful should the armor be pierced.

I guess you guys are right, Grineer should come in larger numbers and have 4+ armor since they lack any and all vehicles/transports. Still, their weak, Cloned flesh should give them lower toughness than regular people. Could probably also give most units an option that gives 5+ or 6+ FNP.

And the infestation are basically a copy and paste of the tyrinids with some modifications

Tenno should be really powerful abilities-wise, on par with light vehicles in terms of tankiness, and extremely mobile, with the downside of only being able to field 4 at a time (8 in Apocalypse). They should have some basic stealth ability across all units, a combination of a heavy ranged, light ranged, and melee weapon, or they can field with just a melee for a boost to mobility, multi-strike attacks, and a damage multiplier. Each individual Tenno unit will have 4 unique abilities based on their Warframe, and upon killing X amount of enemies maybe they could deploy a Kubrow, Sentinel, or an Archwing (Archwing could maybe be Apocalypse-only).

Hero's/Leaders for the Grineer are gonna be some of the harder things to spec out, you don't want to make them too powerful or too weak compared to the rest of the Grineer or other factions.

That said, I would love to see Lt. Lech Kril leading legions of lancers into battle, or even Sargas Ruk himself.

I suppose Vay Hek's Terra Frame could be considered a vehicle in the same vein as a dreadnought or wraithlord, in size anyway. It would likely be more along the lines of an XV8 because of it's flight capability.

Then there are the special units like the Manics to consider, an interesting mix of stealth/fast-attack to tie up enemies.

All lancer squads would have grenades.

A Blunt upgrade to deploy cover would be available for individual lancers.

There's a lot of freedom here.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far, I am in the process of typing it all into a codex. If someone is a good artist or knows one,  could you post a cover art of some kind for the Grineer. Just for when I put the finishing touches on it. We are still working on the models of Grineer (none of us have actually made a 3D printer model before so we are still learning.)

Edited by connorpistol

Warframes would have space marine stats i think, Grineer, perhaps would mimic imperial guard best as they are not as durable as the space marines. infested should be easy as they would fit the tyranids slot without an issue. Corpus... maybe Tau i guess... as they rely on drones, high tech weapons and what not.

Tau player here btw :) For the Greater Good!!! :P

Edited by ecwp1981

Captain vor:

Ws: 6

Bs: 4

S:5

Wounds: 2 (maybe 3?)

I: 4

A: 2

Ld:10

Armor save: 3+

Wargear:

Cronus  ( ×2s AP 4)

Seer (s5 [higher?] AP 3)

Janus key. (Invulnerable save 4+)

Special rules:

Jump infantry

Janus key (3rd level psyker but can only manifest Janus domain)

Eternal warrior

Fearless

What should I change about him and how many points should he be worth?

This begs the question.

Who would win in a fight, the Tenno or (insert Warhammer 40k faction here)?

Necrons: necrons will NEVER DIE. But then again, tenno can revive too and it won't be that hard against a slow necron army to do what you need. I say stalemate.

SM: tenno. We've been doing this fight forever in-game. Whose more powerful?

Chaos: assuming tenno aren't made of chaos, chaos would win because of limitless supplies of deamons and alot of dubstep guns :)

Edited by connorpistol

This begs the question.

Who would win in a fight, the Tenno or (insert Warhammer 40k faction here)?

Tenno v. IG, Tenno. IG are pretty much on par with the Grineer, technology wise.

Tenno v. SM, it's a toss-up, but Tenno have a lot of mobility and variable weaponry, so they might have an edge. Some of the chapters could stomp the Tenno though, off the top of my head Space Wolves (mobility and variable tactics), Blood Ravens (psykers), and Black Templar (pure @(*()$ tenacity).

Tenno v. Nids, Tenno. Tyranids are basically infested,

Tenno v. Inquisition, Inquisition, but only if you can get all the Tenno on a single planet at the same time, and they stay there long enough for the paperwork to go through. In a head to head battle, definitely the Tenno.

Tenno v. Tau, Tenno. Corpus with a few Terra Frames ain't got nothing on Tenno.

Tenno v. Chaos, Chaos. They just keep coming.

Tenno v. Necrons, probably Tenno, since we could just completely annihilate them with channeling, just like we (presumably) did to the Sentient proxies in the Old War.

Tenno v. Eldar/Dark Eldar, stalemate. Both have powers, high mobility, and variable weaponry. Eldar might have an edge with their vehicles, but we could counter that with archwings. 

Tenno v. IG, Tenno. IG are pretty much on par with the Grineer, technology wise.

Tenno v. SM, it's a toss-up, but Tenno have a lot of mobility and variable weaponry, so they might have an edge. Some of the chapters could stomp the Tenno though, off the top of my head Space Wolves (mobility and variable tactics), Blood Ravens (psykers), and Black Templar (pure @(*()$ tenacity).

Tenno v. Nids, Tenno. Tyranids are basically infested,

Tenno v. Inquisition, Inquisition, but only if you can get all the Tenno on a single planet at the same time, and they stay there long enough for the paperwork to go through. In a head to head battle, definitely the Tenno.

Tenno v. Tau, Tenno. Corpus with a few Terra Frames ain't got nothing on Tenno.

Tenno v. Chaos, Chaos. They just keep coming.

Tenno v. Necrons, probably Tenno, since we could just completely annihilate them with channeling, just like we (presumably) did to the Sentient proxies in the Old War.

Tenno v. Eldar/Dark Eldar, stalemate. Both have powers, high mobility, and variable weaponry. Eldar might have an edge with their vehicles, but we could counter that with archwings.

You missed out orks and daemons ;)