Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amo17's Workshop

AMO_17

Hello!

This is my first time making a post in a Forum! I'm in you guys' care! :)

Now, I'm a 2D illustrator so going 3D is far out of my comfort zone.  I've messed with ZBrush prior and have done a very diminutive amount of work in Maya and 3D Studio Max.   I figured that this would be a good way for me to gain a little more experience in the 3D area. 

My skin is based off of my Deathless Excalibur Illustration I created some time ago. 

Deathless Excalibur

tumblr_nwedcimLAL1rncjavo1_1280.jpg

Deathless are creatures that are key antagonists in a story I'm writing and will hopefully Illustrate (no current time table on it). 

So, here's my skin thus far

tumblr_nx5in4z2L41rncjavo1_1280.jpg

I'm currently just working on the upper body, occasionally referencing my illustration.  My hope is that it comes out looking some what nice.  Compared to some other skins I've seen I doubt anyone would bat an eyelash at this entry xD:  Still I'm going to try!

Here are some more shots of the skin. 

tumblr_nx5kefvq6i1rncjavo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx5keyWUlS1rncjavo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx5kfdhONL1rncjavo1_1280.jpg

11/4/2015

Sorry for the lack of updates, fellow Tenno!   I had been stuck at a stage for the past couple of days now, but the body is done, I'm moving on to trying to get the helmet to cooperate.  My hope is to start adding color to the model within the next couple of days.  As I said, 3D is definitely not my cup of tea so I'm having to learn things as I go ^ ^;  I'm sooooooo sorry for the wait! I really appreciate all of the support I've gotten thus far.

11/6/2015

This stuff is highly confusing!  @_@  I have managed to just randomly plop color on the model (finally)/.  Though I've now been alerted to several issues in my program of choice.  I'll clean this all up.  I'm not sure what these silver outlines are all about.  The markings all over the frame will go away, I was just experimenting. 

tumblr_nxfec2iggL1rncjavo1_1280.png

Back

tumblr_nxfev0Ymad1rncjavo1_1280.png

Edited by AMO_17

Thanks for the support ladies/gents.  I hope to not disapoint you all.  I'm learning all of this as I go, unfortunately ^ ^; 

Here's an update to the Skin. I decided to do something to the bottom of the feet too.  I'll be moving on to the helmet and Hands. 

tumblr_nx5qee85n51rncjavo1_1280.jpg

Edited by AMO_17

Do you have access to the whole modelling? I'm not familiar with the whole workshop thing.

If possible I'd like the leg to look a bit more like the 2D picture o3o They look kinda ... round right now. Am I the only one who think so ;_;?

Ok! I'll get rid of some of the cuts I made in the model.  Thanks for the feed back.  :)

Now this is one of, if not, the best skin I've seen so far, and this is what I called a potential deluxe skin, not just some immortal skin replica. Keep up the good work dude, you definitely got my vote.

Well, at the end of the day, it'll still be a skin and not an entirely new model.

Well, at the end of the day, it'll still be a skin and not an entirely new model.

Ugh, it could be a slight change to the original model... Some stuff are good with only a re-skin but, things such as warframe deserve soo much more.

I still recogize excalibur in his work... it's a slight change to the original model :c

Ugh, it could be a slight change to the original model... Some stuff are good with only a re-skin but, things such as warframe deserve soo much more.

I still recogize excalibur in his work... it's a slight change to the original model :c

My point is that DE is only accepting skins. They aren't accepting new models at all. So that excludes "slight change to the original model." So all TennoGen submissions will be reskins, like the Immortal skins (although we can also change normal maps, specular maps, roughness maps, etc).

I'm having an issue with the normal map for the helmet.  I'm fairly certain it isn't supposed to look like this hot mess.  Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I exported the normal map from ZBrush.  Worked fine with the body, but this...not so much.

tumblr_nxbn257ylk1rncjavo1_1280.png

Edited by AMO_17

I was going to ask what program you were working in but I noticed you mentioned that your working in zbrush, beautiful skin so far by the way. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as someone said earlier if your hoping this skin will be selected you have to put the arms back the way they were or else it won't be selected for consideration. My understanding is you can't change the shape of the general model, like the shark like fins on the arms, which I think they look cool by the way. As far as your normal map problem, what I have done is do whatever design on the diffuse map in photoshop then use the trial version of ndo2 to create a normal map. Here is an example, those ridges on his chest and shoulders were done but importing a texture, desaturating it then creating the normal map in ndo2. Great work so far, I really need to load up my zbrush again:)

qkBXkBa.jpg

That is awesome work.

Thank you!  I tried :)

I was going to ask what program you were working in but I noticed you mentioned that your working in zbrush, beautiful skin so far by the way. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as someone said earlier if your hoping this skin will be selected you have to put the arms back the way they were or else it won't be selected for consideration. My understanding is you can't change the shape of the general model, like the shark like fins on the arms, which I think they look cool by the way. As far as your normal map problem, what I have done is do whatever design on the diffuse map in photoshop then use the trial version of ndo2 to create a normal map. Here is an example, those ridges on his chest and shoulders were done but importing a texture, desaturating it then creating the normal map in ndo2. Great work so far, I really need to load up my zbrush again:)

qkBXkBa.jpg

Ah tube socks..(trying to work on my cursing habit lol).     I thought it was fine if I made a new diffuse and normal map based off of my ZBrush model instead of trying to create an entirely new model.  I went through all this hell for nothing then?  :(    But put the arms back, what do you mean, chief?  Use the Diffuse and Normal Maps they provided?     Sorry if these seem like silly questions, I'm not much of a game texture guy.  ^ ^;  Still I'm glad you brought this to my attention.   Also, really big thanks for the tip in regards to my normal mapping issue for his helmet.  I'll look up ndo2 and do what you said.