Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Almighty 75% Off Discount!

Kyrak_Drakhar

I have yet to get this myself. I periodically have taken to trying to "game" the system by remaining logged on for more than 24 hours straight in order to intentionally erase my ongoing 7 day login bonuses, to get myself into the more likely pool of the 1 and 3 login bonus days. 

Fortunately, I got the 75% off coupon after about a month of playing.  Bought the 1000 plat deal for $12.50 USD.  Felt like I was swimming in plat and that I'd never ever ever spend it all.  Was "living off scraps" about a month later lol.

Best plat purchase I remember during that time was a getting full Lex Prime set early-game for only 15p.  Zero haggling, that was the price offered in chat.

Not necessarily "worst" purchase, but probably most "noob-ish" purchase I made during that time was buying Ember for about 100p through a daily Darvo deal.

Edited by Osharchi

since i started to play, i had 300+ of them (played since the very start of open beta at U7) the only regret having is the fact alot of the times that i do get them ,i dont have spare money to buy platinum, discounts are fairly common for me, i even had 3-4 of them in a week (when dident had money..... yay >.>) i do wish i could get a catalyst or reactorm, even forma insted of some of them.

75% has a MUCH higher change to appear on the first day of login-streak, if you've been keeping that perfect 7-day streak chances are you're never gonna see it, stop playing once every other day to reset the timer and keep getting 1st-day login rewards and you'll be bathing in these.

said it before, say it again. DE remove the discounts. Give people purchase bonus instead. Buy 10 get 5 more free. Its like a 50% discount except it is not. And it isnt the same. 

Its a mindset thing. When you know that retail stores give discounts 4 times a year, you'll tend to time your purchases to these 4 times a year. For this reason, many plat buyers now only time their purchases to discounts.