Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De It's Time For Primed Streamline. The Mod We All Want.

tripletriple

Wrong. For this many % you would need 2 slots + 1 mod to counter duration.

With primed SL you would have that % + free slots.

Free % + more available slots with no drawbacks. That´s what OP want.

And that´s why this never will happen.

Mate, you'd STILL need to counter the negative duration on Fleeting Expertise. If you don't care about the negative duration, the release of primed streamline changes nothing. The only way Primed Streamline will grant builds a free slot is if it gives you +75% efficiency when maxed as this would take you to the cap without fleeting expertise being needed.

As for your 'no drawbacks' argument, the same applies to the dual stat mods. They offer more status chance than the dedicated status chance mods but with no/less drawbacks. They cost less and grant more. Speaking of mod cost, Primed Streamline would cost ducats, tons of fusion cores, and tons of mod capacity just to slot. How does that count as no drawbacks?

It already exists... However in the form of archwing :p

Exactly, and infinite regenerating energy.

Its not an issue there, much less in sharkwing.

It already exists and is good.

Prime streamline or give it the same 10 point treatment.

Personally, all golds should be 10, silvers 5, bronze 3 for points as a way to make it more interesting beyond just lol rare!

This thread makes my head hurt... Primed Streamline is not "OP" in any way, shape, or form. Lets take a good look at some hard numbers.*

Thanks to Borked Pistol Gambit, we can't be 100% sure what Primed Streamlines stats would be, so for this I've used 2 theoretical versions:

R10 Primed Streamline = 55% Efficiency, 14 Cost

R10 Borked Streamline = 45% Efficiency, 12 Cost

-Efficiency Cap Build Math-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R2 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration. 17 Cost
R4 Fleeting Expertise + R4 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -50% Duration. 18 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R1 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -20% Duration. 21 Cost
R2 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -30% Duration. 20 Cost

But what about Strength Builds and Blind Rage?

-Efficiency Cap Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R2 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +27% Strength. 28 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R7 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +72% Strength. 38 Cost
R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R5 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +54% Strength. 34 Cost

-Power Strength Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +35% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Strength. 36 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +60% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 41 Cost
R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +50% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 39 Cost

So, in conclusion, what a player would gain from Primed Streamlines release and ranking it up would be either-

+25% Efficiency (If no Corrupted mods are being used)
+45% Power Strength
+30-40% Duration (Depends on which version of the pure Efficiency build was used)

-Borked Version-
+15% Efficiency (If no Corrupted mods are being used)
+27% Power Strength
+20-30% Duration (Depends on which version of the pure Efficiency build was used)

The only thing even close to OP would be the Power Strength gain the unborked version could provide, but considering the cost everything seems to balance out fairly well.

*My math is not the best. mistakes may have been made.

Edited by Jaysus41

This thread makes my head hurt... Primed Streamline is not "OP" in any way, shape, or form. Lets take a good look at some hard numbers.*

Thanks to Borked Pistol Gambit, we can't be 100% sure what Primed Streamlines stats would be, so for this I've used 2 theoretical versions:

R10 Primed Streamline = 55% Efficiency, 14 Cost

R10 Borked Streamline = 45% Efficiency, 12 Cost

-Efficiency Cap Build Math-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R2 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration. 17 Cost

R4 Fleeting Expertise + R4 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -50% Duration. 18 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R1 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -20% Duration. 21 Cost

R2 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -30% Duration. 20 Cost

But what about Strength Builds and Blind Rage?

-Efficiency Cap Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R2 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +27% Strength. 28 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R7 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +72% Strength. 38 Cost

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R5 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +54% Strength. 34 Cost

-Power Strength Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +35% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Strength. 36 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +60% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 41 Cost

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +50% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 39 Cost

So, in conclusion, what a player would gain from Primed Streamlines release and ranking it up would be either-

+25% Efficiency (If no Corrupted mods are being used)

+45% Power Strength

+30-40% Duration (Depends on which version of the pure Efficiency build was used)

-Borked Version-

+15% Efficiency (If no Corrupted mods are being used)

+27% Power Strength

+20-30% Duration (Depends on which version of the pure Efficiency build was used)

The only thing even close to OP would be the Power Strength gain the unborked version could provide, but considering the cost everything seems to balance out fairly well.

*My math is not the best. mistakes may have been made.

Thank you. Literally no reason not to release it at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stepped in here from another topic after a search.

If DE changes the Star Chart dramatically, and opens up additional missions in the "broken range" numbers, basically say, Level 45+ is where the scaling starts curving up, they could release Primed Mods all day long, and we will reach a stage where even with all Primed Mods, we can't fit ALL of them on because of sheer cost and only 8 Slots.

I'm not saying that this is a good thing, I think it would be a terrible thing, as we will almost turn Warframe into Dungeon Defenders scaling and it's system of weapons with hundreds of upgrade points, I'm just saying that DE could do that, and going there will still make an all Primed Mod Frame or gun "normal" again.

Many arguments agains Primed Streamline have been listed, I don't need to repeat them.

At this point just a solid NO from me.

If P.Streamline is relaesed, I will delete this game and never come back as this would be the worst case scenario for WF, foreshadowing future guidelines for game development.

This kind of post always makes me laugh.

Edited by akaSM

Yeah...It would be nice. However, I'm pretty sure DE confirmed it was never actually intended to be released and was something to prank dataminers. But, I did see a screenshot of it in the Codex during one of the patches where unreleased mods were archived in-game, so who knows. I guess it still could happen.

Personally, I want it. Everyone I've ever talked to about it, wants it. It's not like an extra 27% strength or 40% more duration would at all break the game, and with an increasing number of frames that are energy hungry that require duration, it would definitely be a nice QoL increase.

Or instead of bringing another powercreep/mandatory mod that everyone will use, how about we just get new a set of corrupted mods that work well with frames that require both duration and power ? So we don't have to waste several slots negating each negative for things we don't actually need.

a corrupted mod has a down side i think you mean nightmare mod which can have 2 bonuses?

a corrupted mod has a down side i think you mean nightmare mod which can have 2 bonuses?

Blind Rage has a massive efficiency penalty, which you need to counter with Fleeting Expertise, which you may need to counter with Narrow Minded, which you may need to counter with Overextended, which you may need to counter with Transient Fortitude, which you may need to counter with Continuity.

Primed Streamline would end the chain immediately, which may not be what DE wants, but a mod with +efficiency and a negative besides duration could still let you shorten it considerably without making Fleeting Expertise entirely irrelevant.

Edited by Forblaze

Blind Rage has a massive efficiency penalty, which you need to counter with fleeting, which you may need to counter with Narrow Minded, which you may need to counter with Overextended, which you may need to counter with Transient Fortitude, which you may need to counter with Continuity.

and then balancing all of those you end up with lame low-end stats, so we're forced to min/max for one or two abils. 

Blind Rage has a massive efficiency penalty, which you need to counter with fleeting, which you may need to counter with Narrow Minded, which you may need to counter with Overextended, which you may need to counter with Transient Fortitude, which you may need to counter with Continuity.

A continuity + constitution or just Primed continuity usually works out to counter fleeting expertise's negative duration. No need for all the mumbo jumbo.

A continuity + constitution or just Primed continuity usually works out to counter fleeting expertise's negative duration. No need for all the mumbo jumbo.

That's only one less slot, and you're only at neutral duration.

Edited by Forblaze

That's only one less slot

Not if you're going primed continuity. ( Though i do understand not everyone has it )

Alternately don't use a maxed out blind rage. A R5 one paired up with streamline is usually more than sufficient power strength for me.

Going to ridiculous levels like over 200% with a maxed out blind rage naturally should not come without a price, and that price is loss of efficiency or a bunch of other mods to try and balance out that lack of efficiency. I'm perfectly fine with that. Don't know about others though.

Just stepped in here from another topic after a search.

If DE changes the Star Chart dramatically, and opens up additional missions in the "broken range" numbers, basically say, Level 45+ is where the scaling starts curving up, they could release Primed Mods all day long, and we will reach a stage where even with all Primed Mods, we can't fit ALL of them on because of sheer cost and only 8 Slots.

I'm not saying that this is a good thing, I think it would be a terrible thing, as we will almost turn Warframe into Dungeon Defenders scaling and it's system of weapons with hundreds of upgrade points, I'm just saying that DE could do that, and going there will still make an all Primed Mod Frame or gun "normal" again.

"Broken range" is not starting at 45.

I managed to go 60 Waves of ODD and enemy ended up ~150.

We only extracted because some of us had to leave.

Point is: it's the tactics not the mods

I don't see how a primed streamline would break the game. If you keep the efficiency bonus at 50% it would not make fleeting irrelevant to hit the 75% cap nor would it insanely increase the amount of ability spam you can do. You would be able to do about 1 ability more for every 5 abilities you used relative to a normal maxed streamline. It would really all just be an added bonus. 

Many arguments agains Primed Streamline have been listed, I don't need to repeat them.

At this point just a solid NO from me.

If P.Streamline is relaesed, I will delete this game and never come back as this would be the worst case scenario for WF, foreshadowing future guidelines for game development.

The day that one mod caused people to quit...