The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Slot

(PSN)AllOrNothinDays

Anyone else sort of struggling with the idea of dropping another forma onto their frame to make everything fit? I would need to forma my trinity prime once more I think to fit whatever I please into my exilus slot after slowly maxing out my other mods and it has been making me uneasy. One more forma means I'd have just one slot on my frame that doesn't have a polarity and the only thing holding me back is fear to be quite honest. If DE makes any mod changes, I'd have to forma over whatever it is I have already done and that is starting to make my head hurt so for now I've been thinking about just leaving two spots open.

So my question is are people happy with how the exilus slot works?

Is this bad for build diversity? 

If Trinity got a rework or a tweak, do I just suck it up and forma it all over again?

Exilus slots feel like the only thing so far that I've used in this game where I feel like I'm putting so much work in to use them but I don't have the security that comes with just popping a potato in and being done with it. Sure I'll lose out on the reactor if the frame is nerfed into the ground but it's not much of a big deal compared to popping in an exilus slot and formaing the hell out of a frame so I can even use it.

Should the exilus slot be an omni slot? Any exilus mod you put in it be halved? Should you just forma the exilus slot and hope they don't release a new must have mod that unfortunately has a different polarity?

Seeing as YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK IT, I'd rather see the Exilus slot be used like the Aura slot is, increase your energy count, reducing the grinding need to Forma everything.

Then again, I don't Forma any of my gear. I've got 1 forma on my Valk and that's it. I own all frames minus (currently) Ash Prime and Trin Prime, maxed em all and made every one of them hold their own in T3/4 without any Forma on ANY of my gear. I only Forma'd my Valk out of boredom and so I could slot Eternal War a little easier and still have room for Loot Radar

i dont struggle with the idea of adding more forma for an exilius adapter since i look at all my builds then look for common polarities. in most cases, they share at least one D slot, one dash slot and/or one V slot.

overall im happy with the implementation since if they gave more energy, it would make an optional slot mandatory.

Why not forma the exilus slot itself to the mod you find yourself most likely to use?

Because new ones may come and be better, and maybe you need to change from a "v" do a "D" but you don't want to forget completely the first mod. Every warframe I have a Exilus unlocked got over foma'd.

no, I don't 'struggle' with it

I ether don't use it cause I don't feel it's worth the effort for that Frame, or I do cause I have a use for it on that Frame.

Personally, I'd like to seem some Exilus mods that don't feel like wasted space so I do have to put some thought into throwing an extra forma to accommodate that slot.

1) So my question is are people happy with how the exilus slot works?

2) Is this bad for build diversity?

3) If Trinity got a rework or a tweak, do I just suck it up and forma it all over again?

1) No. Shouldn't give points, but shouldn't cost any, either.

2) Depends on the frame. At my last survey, half the frames had to pick between build flexibility or an Exilus slot.

3) As Omega-Shadowblade said: Forma the Exilus slot.

If you do, then yeah, if things change sucks to be you. (and me. and others.)

Edited by Chroia

Then again, I don't Forma any of my gear. I've got 1 forma on my Valk and that's it. I own all frames minus (currently) Ash Prime and Trin Prime, maxed em all and made every one of them hold their own in T3/4 without any Forma on ANY of my gear. I only Forma'd my Valk out of boredom and so I could slot Eternal War a little easier and still have room for Loot Radar

Well then i just hope i don't stuck with you in t3\4 survs

Edited by Hekovashi

Anyone else sort of struggling with the idea of dropping another forma onto their frame to make everything fit? I would need to forma my trinity prime once more I think to fit whatever I please into my exilus slot after slowly maxing out my other mods and it has been making me uneasy. One more forma means I'd have just one slot on my frame that doesn't have a polarity and the only thing holding me back is fear to be quite honest.

Just do it to your favorite frames only. One more Forma on a favorite frame is never much of an issue really. First world problem dude.