Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Galleon Is Poorly Lit

VinceBlood

I've been through the various topics on this, and everyone says "turn up your brightess" or "mess with color correction and high dynamic range."  Nothing I do helps.  The Grineer Galleon is too dark.

http://i.imgur.com/pDlMTue.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OBd7CSe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PQ2H1bu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EJabN89.jpg

Nothing I do in settings changes this.  It's always pitch black and I can only hit Grineer when I see their health bars or muzzle flash.  Powerfists and Butchers get the drop on me 100% of the time because I don't see them charging me until they teleport up into my face.

Are there plans to re-light this pitch black space boat?

This looks darker than when I run missions with those tiles, although I can't be completely sure. My guess is either you settings as you have already struggled to improve, or the way your graphics is handles on your machine. I think that sounds more like a under-the-hood improvement than a simple increase of brightness on the tileset (I've never had this trouble and I think the rooms are more than bright enough). Perhaps they can adjust the way those settings are handled by your machine if they go back to PBR the tiles at the same time. 

This looks darker than when I run missions with those tiles, although I can't be completely sure. My guess is either you settings as you have already struggled to improve, or the way your graphics is handles on your machine. I think that sounds more like a under-the-hood improvement than a simple increase of brightness on the tileset (I've never had this trouble and I think the rooms are more than bright enough). Perhaps they can adjust the way those settings are handled by your machine if they go back to PBR the tiles at the same time. 

Can you screencap your current display settings?

Disagree. They already increased the general brightness of those tiles after the relighting went live and people complained a few weeks back, to the point where on normal brightness/contrast levels there were literally no shadowy spots left. I actually had to lower my brightness to keep it anywhere close to the low key lighting that was released at first. The lighting levels in your screenshots I can replicate but I did have to lower my brightness and contrast to around 25% for that to happen. Simply set your lighting levels to default and make sure none of it gets overwritten externally by your graphics drivers.

Also, adaptive exposure doesn't really exist on the galleon tileset yet, which is another thing that might help with dark spots. Players definitely shouldn't be able to always see everything in dark levels, but there's got to be a balance.

Here's how the game looks on my screen.

Standard - Lighting and brightness at 50%:

uhlFZzA.jpg

My preference - Lighting at 50% and brightness at 65%:

gLSOPxR.jpg

Emulation of your screenshots - Lighting and brightness at 25%:

SLwiwGt.jpg

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Disagree. They already increased the general brightness of those tiles after the relighting went live and people complained a few weeks back, to the point where on normal brightness/contrast levels there were literally no shadowy spots left. I actually had to lower my brightness to keep it anywhere close to the low key lighting that was released at first. The lighting levels in your screenshots I can replicate but I did have to lower my brightness and contrast to around 25% for that to happen. Simply set your lighting levels to default and make sure none of it gets overwritten externally by your graphics drivers.

Also, adaptive exposure doesn't really exist on the galleon tileset yet, which is another thing that might help with dark spots. Players definitely shouldn't be able to always see everything in dark levels, but there's got to be a balance.

Here's how the game looks on my screen.

My brightness/gamma are far too high on my end.  It looks like this across 3 machines all with different specs.  Can I see your Display settings, including the on/off toggles?  Grineer Galleons are unplayable for me as they're pitch black no matter what I do to my settings.