Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isn't Pvp Played More? Lack Of Advertising? Or Is It Something Else...

Sebastianx

I don't play due to balance issues. I've also noticed it's set up peer to peer which cause a lot of matches to be iffy on how lag free the network connection is. I like the basic mechanics of PVP 2.0, but it needs a lot of polishing for what's already there. Some of the maps don't seem fairly well optimized for parkour 2.0 either, movement and positioning is no challenge anymore.

I played Conclave once and hated it. The spawn system sucks (you sometimes spawn right in front of a enemy), the balance is pretty much non-existent (you can kill someone with ~10 to 20 bullets with a MK1-Furis, but can't do sh*t with a bow), the average ping is more than just high, and the maps suck.

The lack of being able to use Natural Talent and Fury, or at least a pvp version available off the bat from Tenshin is what kills it for me.

Also, Night form Equinox being able to put you to sleep for easy kills, Exalted Blade, Frosts with Braton/Burston Primes hiding in their bubbles, Silva and Aegis heat proc when no one has health, and Iron Skin are really dumb in my opinion. Don't forget about Link as well (you hit me, you kill you).

Oh, and from what I hear, World on Fire.

The lack of being able to use Natural Talent and Fury, or at least a pvp version available off the bat from Tenshin is what kills it for me.

Also, Night form Equinox being able to put you to sleep for easy kills, Exalted Blade, Frosts with Braton/Burston Primes hiding in their bubbles, Silva and Aegis heat proc when no one has health, and Iron Skin are really dumb in my opinion. Don't forget about Link as well (you hit me, you kill you).

Oh, and from what I hear, World on Fire.

Night Equinox and World on Fire are indeed broken, whatever has no counterplay is simply broken. You can evade the waves from Exalted Blade, you can destroy the Globe with 2 opticor/daikyu shots,  you can pop iron skin with a few shots, you can stop shooting trinity with guns for a few seconds, those all have counterplay, besides the sleep and world on fire, you can't get out of the sleep, and as long as ember is in range of you, no matter what you do, you'll take damage.

I choose to retire from any pvp all together to avoid the stress of dealing with toxic players that look down on new players or the inexperienced. Also  the lack of time to practice or get better at the game modes that are offered. I decided to end my PVP days after leaving BLR and coming back to Warframe to play some PVE.

No dedicated servers.  The few times I got into PvP it was a lag fest with everyone just spamming the same slide dash with the Bo or Bo Prime.  I haven't even been able to get into a match with the new parkour 2.0 because the servers are crap.

The mods are a turn off as well.

And then the main reason is this game isn't meant for PvP, to make PvP work, you would have to completely change some of the core gameplay concepts.  It was designed and built around PvE.   If someone really wants to do PvP, then they need to go play Call of Halo Ops or whatever first person no field of view shooter is all the rage now.

I prefer PvP 1.0 and Dojo PvP, simply because the fact I spend so much time ranking and optimizing my weapon, but whats the point of all that if I can't bring my decked out WF and weapon into a tenno death match? Also because WF is host based and not server based, the host will always have a slight latency advantage over the clients that are connected. 

Maybe I'm just holding WF PvP to a high standard but I used to be a WoW head and though that game was based heavily around PvE, but the PvP skirmishes were so fun that I spent more time in PvP arenas than I did in PvE raids and such. Each class was balanced and had their specific role to fill, your weapons/skills weren't gimped just cause you were leaving the PvE domain to fight against other players. You could bring your fully decked load out into the arena but still get owned cause it actually required skill and not just button spamming like excals slash dash and other abilities. Iono thats just my 2 cents, really wish PvP 2.0 was implemented better, as it is currently I rather just stick with PvE and play with all my goodies

Edited by 7Lions