Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isn't Pvp Played More? Lack Of Advertising? Or Is It Something Else...

Sebastianx

So, as you may know, there's no tutorial or introduction to the conclave for a beginner. Some of them do find their way in there, and I fell sorry for them because most times they're getting slaughtered without the proper preparation.

But why is it that so few of us play it? It's a LOT of fun, especially with a friend.

I've made a PvP guide video on how to improve in order to try and attract even a few more people in there, but it still feels empty.

DE finally nailed the basics of conclave, they got the main structure ready to be built upon, and it's slowly but surely turning out to be a great thing, one of the funnest PvPs I've played for years in a game, and it comes out from what was initially a PvE game. But I think they need to advertise it some more, and also adding a tutorial for the beginners to help them familiarize with it.

Why do you think PvP is getting so little attention from the player base?

EDIT:

Currently known deterring issues:

- Lack of dedicated servers, which causes horrible lag. (seems to be the biggest issue as of yet by a long shot)

- Some people are waiting for better balancing before diving in.

- Lack of interesting rewards and motivation.

- Current Capture the flag/cephalon iteration is simply not working out due to the fast paced nature of the game and the small maps. (need maps with twisty enclosed sections that also have open shortcut like sections which are VERY risky to go through)

Edited by Sebastianx

There are lots of us who just do not enjoy PvP. I personally (and I assume plenty others) just do not find it enjoyable and thus do not bother participating in it. I do however think there is a place for it in Warframe and fully support DE in trying to improve it so that is an enjoyable experience for those that do find it entertaining. 

It could use:

- Dedicated servers

- More universal rewards

- More game modes

^ was about to type this

not to mention the entire premise of the game from the start was about uniting tenno and fighting against evil forces

but pitting a good force against another good force kind of messes with me

^ and yes it is just a game but these things come into consideration at times

Mostly performance issues, p2p connection doesn't help much (in any pvp match there's at least 1 "goku" player blinking everywhere, killing you even while you're covered. In the worst cases, thet see you immobile, giving them a chance of hitting abd killing you no matter where you are.

But still fun if we take away these things that could be taken away with dedicated servers

It's a PvE focused game, and it attracts PvE focused people (like me).

If I want to PvP there's plenty of games that do it better.

I occasionally hop on PvP but mostly in case of an easy daily.

Even with the new conclave it's a bit too crazy for my taste, and if you add lag to that...yeah.

What would make me play more?

- More interesting unlocks. It can be exclusive cosmetics, or even resource packs (AS AN ALTERNATIVE to PvE farming, but never exclusive to PvP)

- More gamemodes. CTF is silly broken and imo does not work in a game as fast as warframe. KOTH on the other hand, that would be fun.

- More points for playing PvP. There's a massive difference between the amount you get for dailies and the amount you actually get for playing. Considering some dailies are close to impossible, some days I just say "screw it, not worth the bother".

^ was about to type this

not to mention the entire premise of the game from the start was about uniting tenno and fighting against evil forces

but pitting a good force against another good force kind of messes with me

^ and yes it is just a game but these things come into consideration at times

The current conclave is more about sparring/practicing with each other for a bigger threat. The Tenno aren't trying to murder each other in cold blood.

For me it is because of a bad history with pvp in other games. In my experience, pvp is usually where you find the most toxic players and crappy attitudes. Warframe might be different, I don't know, but I don't feel like getting called a f****t by some 12-year-old for the nth time to find out.

(No insult intended to WF pvp players, that's just been my experience with several other games.)

What would make me play more?

- More interesting unlocks. It can be exclusive cosmetics, or even resource packs (AS AN ALTERNATIVE to PvE farming, but never exclusive to PvP)

- More gamemodes. 

- More points for playing PvP. There's a massive difference between the amount you get for dailies and the amount you actually get for playing. Considering some dailies are close to impossible, some days I just say "screw it, not worth the bother".

I agree with all of what i quoted. The sheer grind for pvp rep gain is pretty bad compared to when it first came out, definitely needs a tweak. KOTH would be interesting.

Lack of interest.

Most who came to WF came here for a coop PvE experience. We didn't come for PvP and were actively trying to avoid it when we tried out WF.

Trying to shoe-horn PvP gameplay into a predominately PvE game never ends well. Never. The two can't be balanced effectively and one or the other aspect suffers hugely because of it.

It also brings in a certain demographic that one doesn't always want to deal with. In a PvP-only game, this lot can be dealt with, but combined with a predominately PvE environment, they turn very toxic indeed and are detrimental to that experience. Best to be avoided at all costs.

If the PvP community in a PvE game are marginalized (and they will be), then they get pissy and carp and moan about being second class citizens (which they are by design; they're a tacked on game mode). So then what do you do? Well, you either ignore them (first couple of years of EQ), or you gate PvE experiences and rewards through PvP (WoW from the second expansion on). How's it work? I'll give you a hint: it doesn't end well.

I could go on, but you should get the idea. I don't bother with PvP in this game. It doesn't fit well. It doesn't work well. I have other games to play if I want that experience. I neither want nor need it here.

Edited by Sloan441