The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When I Invite You To My Game.

MattM01

The first thing you hear or read when I invite you to my game.

Welcome and thank you for coming to my game.

Please take your time to mod and choose a frame that you feel is best suited for this mission.

Unless I ask for a specific frame beforehand please use whatever frame you want.

I despise elitism. I know people are new and to an extent I am RM 11 and I am new as well.

I do not tolerate elitism. I do not tolerate people being cruel to each other b/c we've all been new before

we've all have had/and are learning how to play the game/each mission the best.

I will not be rude to you in my game if you so choose to try to sabotage it I will abort the mission and inform you

why I aborted. We can discuss what was going on and yes we can discuss in full length what the situation was and maybe

I misunderstood what you were intending to do.

On this forum I will be honest. Sometimes it might be considered rude or offensive but I will be honest. When you play with me I will be respectful, possibly talk a lot, and try to bring humor to each game. I might give pointers or give advice to where I've learned the most about Warframe from.

So if I offended anyone on this Forum understand that when you play I am tolerant and patient. Why be a jerk when it comes to actual playing and helping promote the true heart of the game?

Yes I will get pissed on here and express my opinion but it's my opinion and if you don't like it you don't have to agree or read it. In game if you get pissed at me cool but all I have to do is get out of the mission or if I am the host I can abort. I won't yell or scream at you that's just dumb but I will stand up for myself on the forums to the extent of my opinion.

Well whatever never mind...

You want a cookie?

Personally, I hate playing with people that talk a lot.  It's one thing if you are using voice chat, but if you are typing . . . Let's just say, if you are using your fingers to type then you are not using them to complete the objective. You should really leave typing for mission critical communication and leave inane chatter for before or after the mission. 

You want a cookie?

Personally, I hate playing with people that talk a lot.  It's one thing if you are using voice chat, but if you are typing . . . Let's just say, if you are using your fingers to type then you are not using them to complete the objective. You should really leave typing for mission critical communication and leave inane chatter for before or after the mission. 

You talk as if some rule states we cannot type when we want to. It is very well possible to chat and play. And there are plenty of people who can do this without messing up any objective.

You talk as if some rule states we cannot type when we want to. It is very well possible to chat and play. And there are plenty of people who can do this without messing up any objective.

You quite literally can not type and play at the same time. If you are using your "w" key to type words then you can't be using it to run towards the objective.

Not really fair of you to call people out because they choose to only take certain people.  It's their lobby.  Their time.  and in the case of void running their key.  Seems like you'd be the inconsiderate one if you go into their game and not listen to their rules.

If you don't care what people play as in your lobby great.  Glad that works for you. But you don't get to shame others.  There is no right way.

Not really fair of you to call people out because they choose to only take certain people.  It's their lobby.  Their time.  and in the case of void running their key.  Seems like you'd be the inconsiderate one if you go into their game and not listen to their rules.

"The first thing you hear or read when I invite you to my game."

Litterally, the first line.

"WHEN I INVITE YOU TO MY GAME."

Litterally the title.

Do you even read?

mhm.  I do.  I'm referring to the elitism part.

No need to get all uppity.

The elitism, as mentioned in the first post, is tied to the context of being in his own lobby / game.

If you do read, then I'm not sure why you're taking that part exclusively and elaborating from there. It is irrelevant.

The elitism, as mentioned in the first post, is tied to the context of being in his own lobby / game.

If you do read, then I'm not sure why you're taking that part exclusively and elaborating from there. It is irrelevant.

It can be seen either way.  When someone dislikes something they usually have a reason why.

And in warframe elitism is usually tied to people being selective with who they pull when grabbing randoms.

That depends on how often you are doing it. I have seen people having full conversations, not even using chat speak.

I dunno. last Jordas Verdict raid i did took around 25 - 30 minutes and we only communicate with keyboard.

That, and we chat almost all the time.

It's possible, really, i just don't get the problem with this.

You want a cookie?

Because the world is ending if we chat during missions amirite. 

Have some fun man. 

Me and my clan nonstop type during missions, its what makes 60mins+ t3 and t4 survivals fun. 

don't need "critical communication" in this game. If youre a new player, youll learn and get the info. if youre not then theres no need. 

this really is a pointless thread. its super easy to type and kill with abilities or during slow moments. 

^ people take this game too seriously, its well.. a game  a..pretty easy one at that

Edited by Vesiga

I despise elitism. 

I do not tolerate elitism. I do not tolerate people being cruel to each other b/c we've all been new before

we've all have had/and are learning how to play the game/each mission the best.

I will not be rude to you in my game if you so choose to try to sabotage it I will abort the mission and inform you

why I aborted. We can discuss what was going on and yes we can discuss in full length what the situation was and maybe

I misunderstood what you were intending to do.

First paragraph; 90% of people hate it. game is filled with like 15% of it at most. 

Second; that inconveniences the whole squad over 1 guy. Don't be that teacher in school that has one kid ruin it for the whole 30 kids. 

Put the troll on ignore and finish the mission.

aborting for one persons misdeeds makes the other legit people mad at you and the troll

Edited by Vesiga

Haha, when I inv people to any mission I have one phrase that I say knowing I can solo/carry if I have to.

"just pick whatever you want, but try not to die a lot XD"

1 in 3 people leave the squad after that ^.^

^ basically, but ive never had someone leave from it. 

Elitism, as long as you mind your own business and you don't make others "cry" , is not a bad thing as most believe.

It's never a bad thing to always try to improve yourself. I believe this is the definition of true elitism.

Elitism is usually "you suck, please uninstall the game (insert inappropriate name calling here)" 

or

"you dont have so and so weapon/frame/build, leave" 

However 

Being good/experienced 

is someone who is as good as an elitist, and can carry

but will also teach players to be better, show them the path, etc