Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Makros - Yes Or No?

DarkRuler2500

Question

9 answers to this question

contact DE staff for specific questions but the general rule is dont use them in pvp and dont use them while activating the afk system

i personally use them for hard to aim abilities like EV so i can tap the toggle spam macro sweep across the target then tap the macro to turn it off. or use it on duration based buffs like shattershield to keep them running constantly.

The general guideline is that the macro must not play the game for you, but there is nothing against macros in general.

My understanding is that using a macro for spamming a single button repeatedly, like an ability or a fire button, is acceptable. A sequence of multiple presses, which enables the player to leave the computer fully unattended, is not.

For a rule of thumb, if you could achieve the same effect as the macro by binding something to the scroll wheel, then that's fine.

so basically dont use

-snip-

toggle continuous playback

Always use:

up downdelay0.2up updelay0.2up downdelay0.2up updelay0.2down downdelay0.2down updelay0.2down downdelay0.2down updelay0.2left downdelay0.2left updelay0.2right downdelay0.2right updelay0.2left downdelay0.2left updelay0.2right downdelay0.2right updelay0.2b downdelay0.2b updelay0.2a downdelay0.2a updelay0.2start downdelay0.2start updelay0.2

Sarcasm...

Edited by Kthal

Repetitive actions - okay. Pressing a single key repeatedly is an explicitly accepted macro. Executing a slide attack is a little grayer, but should still be acceptable. Reload macros (on the Vectis/Tigris for example) are less common but I've never heard of an issue from them. [specifically, if it's something that's causing you discomfort after playing for a while, macroing it to make it less stressful is totally okay!]

Automation - unacceptable. Anti-afk macros are not allowed. A few people have been banned for macros which solve ciphers (grineer ones). To be safe, I'd limit or eliminate the use of 'delays' in the macro, and make sure that what the macro does is not 'automation'; that's the catchphrase for macro-related bans.