Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing [Excalibur]....?

(PSN)AngelShur

Remember the Warframes are not unique individuals but rather a vast number of suits worn by the Tenno. "Killing Excalibur" can't really happen because "Excalibur" isn't a person in and of himself.

well the warframes are just war frames. The tenno are "us" its kinda cool once you start to think about it.

I perfectly know this. And Cool it is!

If we break our frames to make the umbra that would be a nice way to upgrade the vanilla frames .

>.>

That makes exactly no sense at all.

Says who?

From what i've seen, Excalibur has a serious wound on his right shoulder, the Skana's still there which might indicate that the stalker turned Excalibur's weapon against him and left him there to die.

My assumption is that Excalibur is taken by the Sentients and (patched up) through Sentient technology, thus creating Umbra Excaliderp.

What if umbras are a sentient attempt at making warframes? It's far fetched but the gist I get from sentients is that they analyze and adapt their weaponry to negate yours (like the healing from the crewman synth) maybe on analyzing a warframe the " answer" was to create something similar a la mesa? Without a tenno pilot and void energy with would have no " power" but it is a possibility. Assuming that frames are effectively just weapons and that we aren't against manufacturing and using weapons from other factions. Why can't umbras be sentient engineered attempts at a warframe

umbra Excalibur is likely just going to be his "premium" skin, in the same regard as Nemesis Nyx, Gersemi Valkyr, Orchid Saryn and Temple Rhino. 

my theory is this:

during the quest, we will meet an Excalibur who is not controlled by the player, nor is it a Specter. Lotus could announce it as being the first "proper" Excalibur, after the proto-stage. this Excalibur would have beef with the Stalker, but during what is supposed to be their final showdown (during which we get to hear tons of exposition regarding the Stalker's true Motives, why he betrayed the Tenno etc.), the Stalker defeats the first Excalibur by running him through with his own Skana. lotus then decides to do something she wouldn't normally do and use some Forbidden Sentient Technology to construct the umbra Excalibur.  the First Excalibur is rebuilt into umbra Excalibur and goes back to kill the Stalker. this time he wins. as a thanks, him and the Lotus agree to give you a Blueprint for your own Umbra Skin.

that's how I would do it anyway.

Ah, still I don't like how China content is turning into mandatory content for the main game when DE themselves have said they don't have any content control over here...

What? what "China content"? You're talking about frames designed by DE with powers designed by DE and meshes designed by DE using animation designed by DE.

The fact they picked Chinese myth as inspiration makes it about as much "China Content" as Hellblazer is "Rome Content"

I repeat for anyone you still is neglecting to listen, DE make all the content for Warframe. Changyou make ads and localisation, that's it.

I don't like willy nilly specualtion, but Umbras might not have present during the Old War if the narrator in the Healer synthesis saw a "silver" streak as Excalibro zips away. Although that was after the war ended, and Umbras just have not been a concept until now, so... I'ma leave this subject to the people who enjoy this kind of story creation until we get a legit lore entry.