The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing Stalker With Bows And Stalker Killing Advice Please!

(XBOX)bigttgothgrl

Question

So, I was soloing on t2 surv survival, between 2 and 5 minutes the stalker appears. I used my Paris prime to kill him and it took 3 shots. (I don't know if I got all headshots, and how many multi shots I got but I know I got at least 1 multi shot and 1 red critical hit.) So I am going to list my build for my Paris and I want to know would I get the same, worse, or better results if I used this on my dread? (Replacing piercing hit with sawtooth clip of course.)

1-Shred: max rank

2-speed trigger: max rank

3-point strike: max rank

4-vital sense: max rank

5-serration: rank 8

6-hammershot: max rank

7-piercing hit /(sawtooth clip): max rank

8-split chamber: max rank

I don't know how the stalker leveling and health/shield system works but I know his base level 30 stats and that his level changes depending on the enemies around him and how many times the targeted player has defeated him. So would this work and also any advice on killing him???

Edited by (XB1)F8 Ghost Pon3

20 answers to this question

There's one problem with your build. No elemental damage.

keep point strike on the dread actually, (much better crit chance than paris prime)

Stalker is weak to Viral + Radiation just like we are.

I meant to put piercing hit. xD Also I thought elemental damage only went to effect and did what it is meant to do if the target your shooting at gets the proc?

I meant to put piercing hit. xD Also I thought elemental damage only went to effect and did what it is meant to do if the target your shooting at gets the proc?

Negative, the elemental damage is always added to each shot, you are missing out on A LOT of damage. Even if a weapon has a 0% status chance the elemental damage is still added. 

Negative, the elemental damage is always added to each shot, you are missing out on A LOT of damage. Even if a weapon has a 0% status chance the elemental damage is still added.

So should I continue with my critical build but remove two mods to add the elemental damage, or should I redo my build entirely? If I remove two mods probably going to remove shred and piercing hit/ sawtooth clip.

1-Shred: max rank

2-speed trigger: max rank

3-point strike: max rank

4-vital sense: max rank

5-serration: rank 8

6-hammershot: max rank

7-piercing hit /(sawtooth clip): max rank

8-split chamber: max rank

- I very, very strongly recommend replacing Piercing Hit and Sawtooth Clip with elemental mods. The percentages on PH and SC are disgustingly low, adding 30% of the respective damage type compared to the 90% that elementals offer.

So if you're using a hypothetical bow that does 100 Slash + 100 Puncture = 200 Total, then adding PH will make it deal 100 Slash + 130 Puncture = 230 total. Compare this to adding something like Cryo Rounds, which will make your bow deal 100 Slash + 100 Puncture + 180 Cold = 380 total.

Obviously the numbers will be higher for the actual bows in the game since they deal more "pure" physical damage, but you get the idea. Low percentages, on top of only scaling off the specific damage type rather than total damage, means that Piercing Hit and Sawtooth Clip are big no-nos no matter what your Primary is.

- Get rid of Shred. The bow will be fast enough with Speed Trigger alone (or Vile Acceleration instead, if you think it's still too slow) and bows have enough built-in punchthrough that Shred will barely help at all.

Add an elemental mod in its place.

- Hammer Shot is nice to have in terms of raw damage, but having a third elemental in its place may help with flexibility when fighting enemies with different resistances. For example, a Corrosive + Cold build can be incredibly helpful against Grineer, since it'll deal a good chunk of extra damage to both Ferrite- and Alloy-armored enemies.

As for the proc chance that HS adds: ignore it entirely. Bows are designed to one-shot enemies; both the Status chance and the fire rate are far too low for procs to be relied on.

Edited by SortaRandom

Try this:

Mandatory:

Split Chamber

Serration

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Optional but strongly recommended:

Speed Trigger/Vile Acceleration (I have speed trigger on mine, because I don't shoot fast enough for VA, and because I don't have VA)

Damage

Recommended (all 90% elemental mods, no 60/60's unless noted):

Heavy Cal and Corrosive

Corrosive and Cold

Viral and Heat

*Viral and Heavy Cal

Radiation and cold

rad and toxin

Rad and heavy cal

Personally I prefer corrosive and cold

*Viral and heavy cal requires malignant force instead of cryo rounds

-Heavy cal is of course a personal choice.  I prefer headshots, but I know some people like it.

-If you don't mind the charge time, you could remove speed trigger and put in a high voltage to get radiation and viral (with viral proccing more) for some serious high end utility.

-This build will work on dread too.

-This build took me 5 forma, for a total of 5 Madurai and 2 Narumon

Hope that helps.

My strategy with the Stalker is to just keep moving as fast as I can (lots of bullet jumps), constantly sliding by the Stalker and taking him out with multiple slide attacks from my melee. My current favorite melee weapon for taking him (and everything else) out is a heavily forma/modded Scoliac - really wide hit area and massive range. I know that won't work for a lot of folks, but my play style is melee heavy with lots of fast and erratic movement to avoid damage, but the same movement is used to inflict a great deal of melee slide damage.

Ah, Stalker.

Firstly, screw bows. If you want to fail, keep using that sort of crap. Charge-up weapons are...awkward, especially with him.

Next is tactics: keep moving and get some cover between you and him once you localize him. That's key. You need to find out where he is, then get something to break his LoS. Once you achieve this, the rest is just a matter of gunning him down--assuming proper modding. Nevertheless, once pinned he's meat, even with weapons that are leveling up (risk increases, of course, but the fundamentals remain the same).

He's easier to deal with if you have teammates. He can't react to all of you effectively. If you see him targeting a buddy, make him pay for it. Also, if you are insisting on going melee, this is the time to get a few whacks in (or seal the deal if you're Valkyr).

Mostly, it's a matter of not panicking and getting something between you and him to either whittle him down or close the range out of LoS.

Heh.

Big +1 for The Big Lebowski reference.

The Dude notwithstanding, bows still suck and nothing will change that. It's a bow, so it sucks. Incontrovertible. Guns were invented so we didn't have to use crap like bows.

Bows and Guns are like Apples to Oranges in a sense. Both wield pros and cons on each side. Personal preference is all I say, a matter of opinion honestly :V

The Dude notwithstanding, bows still suck and nothing will change that. It's a bow, so it sucks. Incontrovertible. Guns were invented so we didn't have to use crap like bows.

Bows and other charge weapons are excellent anti-heavy weapons; they struggle in normal gameplay because we tend to get swarmed by crowds of lesser enemies. Being better suited for heavy enemies, bows are pretty well suited to taking out the assassins. Stalker might be tougher than the others, due to his tendancy to teleport around, but you only need to hit him 1-3 times (depending on level) and he's done.

The Dude notwithstanding, bows still suck and nothing will change that. It's a bow, so it sucks. Incontrovertible. Guns were invented so we didn't have to use crap like bows.

They have their uses. The innate punchthrough means you can 1-shot a hallway or line of enemies coming towards you. The charge time gives you time to align yourself for multiple kills in one shot.

Doesn't suit everyone, but it has a purpose and fulfills that purpose well.