Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question For De About Two Unrelated Things....

PrVonTuckIII

Question

Question 1: There has been a lot of speculation that the Mod system and Weapon levling will be undergoing a rework. Is this true?

Question 2: About the vaulted primes coming back. Pretty, much, you're just going to release the sets for farming for 1-2 months, and then they are back in the vault for later? Or are they going to be permanently added back with the new starchart and void?

12 answers to this question

This would probably be more appropriately placed in the next Devstream questions.

Regarding #1, the only overhaul I know of is the Damage overhaul that will affect (see: remove) Serration, Split Chamber, and the rest. Along with this change, they were experimenting with weapon's base damage increasing as it levels. It was all just testing though, and nothing has been solidly decided on.

Regarding #2, I think it seems likely that the items will return when the new Starchart is released, but that could be a while. 

I realize that this would be better to ask next devstream, but by nature I am an impatient person, and as such, I thought there was no harm in asking early.

But thanks for the info guys! By mod/damage reworks, as stated by Bunny, I mean how they will be removing 'essential' mods and instead have 'evolving' weapons.

By mod/damage reworks, as stated by Bunny, I mean how they will be removing 'essential' mods and instead have 'evolving' weapons.

Just something to keep in mind though - 

It's sounding like the overhaul is going to be pretty huge - it will probably even effect Elemental Damage mods. Of course there's going to be changes to enemy scaling and armour in general to match these changes. Additionally, with the proposed Multishot change, pretty much every weapon will have to be re-viewed and have its ammo capacity adjusted as needed for this change.

With the scope of this overhaul being so huge, and Scott sounding relatively unsure of where he wants to go with it every time it's brought up, I think it's safe to say it will be a very long time before it happens. I doubt it will even be in for U19. So if you're holding your breath on placing those V Polarities on your weapons, I'd recommend just going for it.

Just something to keep in mind though - 

It's sounding like the overhaul is going to be pretty huge - it will probably even effect Elemental Damage mods. Of course there's going to be changes to enemy scaling and armour in general to match these changes. Additionally, with the proposed Multishot change, pretty much every weapon will have to be re-viewed and have its ammo capacity adjusted as needed for this change.

With the scope of this overhaul being so huge, and Scott sounding relatively unsure of where he wants to go with it every time it's brought up, I think it's safe to say it will be a very long time before it happens. I doubt it will even be in for U19. So if you're holding your breath on placing those V Polarities on your weapons, I'd recommend just going for it.

Where did DE state this stuff? I can't find any of the sources.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Where did DE state this stuff? I can't find any of the sources.

Um, here's some stuff.

#1 Here's Scott saying that he's trying to eliminate all mandatory mods, and that mods that add free damage aren't healthy to the system overall. I'll admit that Elemental Mod's inclusion is my own inference, but it definitely seems congruent to his mindset. I think they'll be changed to simply convert the weapon's base damage to elemental damage rather than stack additional damage on top of the base damage.

#2 Here's Glen saying that the Multishot change will result in a lot of weapons being re-balanced.

#3 Here's Scott saying that the change will affect enemy scaling

EDIT: Not sure why it won't let me hyperlink. Here they are

Edited by AM-Bunny

Um, here's some stuff.

#1 Here's Scott saying that he's trying to eliminate all mandatory mods, and that mods that add free damage aren't healthy to the system overall. I'll admit that Elemental Mod's inclusion is my own inference, but it definitely seems congruent to his mindset. I think they'll be changed to simply convert the weapon's base damage to elemental damage rather than stack additional damage on top of the base damage.

#2 Here's Glen saying that the Multishot change will result in a lot of weapons being re-balanced.

#3 Here's Scott saying that the change will affect enemy scaling

EDIT: Not sure why it won't let me hyperlink. Here they are

Thanks.

1. yes, there has been much talk about reworking the Mod system so as to make "Mandatory Mods" like Serration and Split Chamber (as well as other Multishot mods) no longer a necessity. there's been talk of a system where weapons get more powerful with each rank, like our Warframes do, but there's a lot of issues regarding Endgame balance. we'll have to see what DE say later down the line. one thing is for sure though; a LOT of people won't like the change, so it'll likely turn into a salt-fest. bring a Flame Repellant, you'll need it.

2. As I have mentioned to others, there are only two main reasons why Frost prime is Back; to keep player counts high over the festive period, and to buy time for the second half of Saryn's Rework (she's the next Prime). once that month is over, Frost Prime will be back in the Vault, and while we hope that ALL the primes will be unvaulted with the Void's destruction, it's not guaranteed to happen, and temporary reinstatements of Old Primes could make DE a lot of money, so if enough people buy Frost prime, they may do it again in the future with Mag, Ember etc.