Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gate - The Chakra Frame - Updated 11-27-15

SUMA

Gate - Chakra Frame

skill one should unlock a chakra gate (there are 8 gates), proly some sort of aoe shockwave as the gate is unlocked damaging nearby enemies. the shockwave gets stronger with the more gates that are open as well as an increased aoe range (@gate 1 unlocked the effects are minimal). all 8 gates unlocked - the Eight Gates Released Formation - causes a power overload to the warframe causing the user's energy to emanate a flaming aura of  steam-like chakra from all pores (if warframes have those lol) of the warframe which damages nearby enemies, as well as increasing the shields and damage delivered by the frame and nearby allies for a short period of time, their should be some sort of buff to all actions performed by the wf, whether it be melee, guns, or even running faster as well. these effects will wear off once the chakra gates close. they should stay open for a timed duration or until all gates are closed depending on skill usage.

skill 2 should require at least 2+ gates to be open - Chakra drain - steal chakra from nearby enemies to cause them damage and replenish health to you and nearby allies (amount replenished is dependent on the amount of enemies in the area((needs lots of baddies to be really effective))). this skill will close 2 gates once activated.

skill 3 should require 4+ open gates - Chakra barrage - unleash a multitude (8, one from each gate) of mini explosive chakra balls (dispersed in a sporadic array) that explode on impact causing a mild amount of aoe damage (small aoe, they are mini bombs :) and dazing any enemies in each lil bombs area. this skill will close 4 gates once activated.

skill 4 requires all 8 gates open to obtain enlightenment and summon Kundalini - im not sure what reasonable stats and duration should be assigned to keep from being op but, its a summon lol. i will depict Kundalini as a giant lotus serpent (illustration in the works). this skill will close 8 gates once activated.

maybe there is a gradual increase in the chakra aura that builds up as you get closer to releasing all 8 gates.

i will add more illustrations of some of these descriptions as i have time to draw them. i'm diggin this concept so i will proly proceed a little deeper into it.

Xdcvh5y.jpgDhmp5Uz.jpg

hDDOLCS.jpg

4BXIvKP.jpg

RjQFjgp.jpg

enjoy! :P

Edited by SUMA

Sounds complicated, but very fun and interactive. Requires lots of player interaction for good payoff. Beats me what balancing numbers would be, but the level of thought as to the design and skills gets my vote. Eight does seem like quite a high number though to cast...maybe killing an enemy in a certain way triggers a gate? Your call.

Also...dat &#!!

the unlock gate skill should proly be a low energy cost to cast and a fairly quick recharge (making it more easy to open all 8), this way the player can utilize the frame at whatever lvl of open gates they wish. some players may hover at 4 open gates unless they are approaching a boss area.

i primarily wanted to make a frame that has a nice lvl of skill interaction so they all work toghether

with the China themed frames like WuKong and NeZah i feel like they are opening doors to more naruto-esque themed stuff yes. :)

- also open to ideas on other skills or names etc.

lol maybe this one is another China exclusive lol

Edited by SUMA

I like the idea, but you are going more into the anime chackra, more than in the "normal" way, there are seven(well, seven major, there are more minor) chackras, they are all different.

It's just a suggestion, why don't you add the 4ths efect into the one, and change the 4th to, i don't know, summon a guardian behind the tenno, or mutate him and give some special ability depending of the chackra

For example

1st guardian, Muladhara:

Red phantom appears behind the tenno's back, it defends the Tenno, gives a 5/10/15/20% damage reduction, scales with power strength and power duration. Lasts for 10/15/20/30 seconds, pressing 4 while Muladhara is on will make it smash the ground, sending a cone knockdown wave forward, dealing x damage

After pressing 1 again and opening a 2ºnd gate

2nd guardian, Swadisthana:

Orange phantom, gives same damage resistance as Muladhara, and a movement speed boost, but have slightly shorter duration, pressing 4 gives a bigger speed boost, and creates an aura that slows enemy movement by 20% if they are on it, the Tenno becomes able to move freely in every surface, to represent Swadisthana's imagination

Every lvl will take more energy when going into 4, will last less, but will give accumulative stronger bonus, every chackra will be clossed once 4 ends, having to reopen it from 0 every time you decide to use your burst

There could be some more lvls, one for each chackra and last one, the eight, named kundalini for the snake

Of course this is just a suggestion, just that, I like the idea, and a lot the frame, but I think you should focus more in the seven chackras than in the energy itself

Edited by Xolot

great suggestions. i did some minor research, as i lack some knowledge in the department (for some reason i remembered 7 but found research on 8). i am of course on board with adjustments and tweaks. i'm hopeing some more viable suggestions are presented by peeps with more know in the department. thanks for the suggestions :)

Edited by SUMA

great suggestions. i did some minor research, as i lack some knowledge in the department (for some reason i remembered 7 but found research on 8). i am of course on board with adjustments and tweaks. i'm hopeing some more viable suggestions are presented by peeps with more know in the department. thanks for the suggestions :)

Some people add more chackras, but the main ones are 7, the gates of Naruto's universe are based on these gates, opening every gate leads to enlightement and the release of Kundalini. You could make even a bigger play with them, as they are depicted as Lotus flowers with different number of petals

edited the skill in the first post with some tweaks that made sense to me from Xolot, thanks again and keep the critiques coming.

-although i still have 8 gates, i like it that way :)

Edited by SUMA

Would there be some sort of decay on these gates, or the abilities close one or more of them? Because it's pretty easy to use your #1 eight times in a relatively short time, and especially if you associate a buff with how many gates are open, well... You'd be running around with a super-frame for the duration of most missions.

Also, if they don't decay, what happens to #1 once all eight are open? Does it still do the AOE blast, or is it just sealed?

agreed, i think that there should be some sort of time after unlocking one in which the 2nd must be open or will have to start over. once you succeed in opening a gate the timer resets. certain skill usage should close them as well, like the 4th skill (which was just changed to a summon) would close all gates once the skill ends. the 3rd skill would proly close 4 gates as it needs 4open to use.

Really liking the form it is taking, just have some things to review

Kundalini being a summon worries me, not only because almost all of the skills are pure damage, that really falls of in late game, it lacks some cc, maybe if you define a moveset for the snake that has some neat cc, it will become good for the endgame (Kinda on the line of allowing to look through walls for the third eye, or giving buffs to allies) something that make people want this frame in the team instead of lets say, excal, nova, nyx, loki... And of course, the AI in this game is kinda.... Clem, so I can really imagine Kundalini stuck against a wall bugged out, or bleeding out and teleporting out of reach like Kubrows.

There should be a marker for every gate, for clarity in pvp, to avoid the "Should I attack that low health guy or not?"

If she is in first gate she should have a red steam aura, and maybe a red lotus opening with the symbol when it activates her 1, like a sign "I'm starting to get stronger", until at eight gate a minikundalini cross all the chackras and show a white snake hissing over Gate's head as a sign of the 8th gate open and a slightly shiny aura, showing that she is really dangerous now

Those are my suggestions about Gate for now, really liking your ideas

Edited by Xolot

It does look really cool, really liking the desing.

Ill try to help with the moveset too, nothing too complex, but at least, not as useless as Atlas' golems, that run into nullifier and nullify themselves...

I thought about some:

Bite

Lunge

Tail swipe

These are pretty self explanatory. here come something more

Chackras are all about positive and negative effects, so I think a zone control summon would really work

Lotus Zone:

If Kundalini detects an enemy to X distance, it will shoot a damaging coloured proyectile, its colour could be of any of the chackras, when it lands, damage the enemy for x amount, and it plants itself, becoming a lotus of that colour and releasing an aura that will buff any ally inside the aura with the boost of the gate relating to that colour, and giving any enemy in the aura a proportional debuff, the effect wears off when the unit leaves the aura

Dragon Steam:

Kundalini is always inside a field made of steam, this steam will stop any damage done inside it from allies, to allies, or to enemies from any power or conventional weapon, the damage will float inside the steam (Like bullet atractor) if a enemy unit enters inside the steam, the damage stored (And every proc that happened inside the steam) will be applied to that enemy until he dies, the damage stored runs dry, kundalini moves the steam away while following Gate or the summoning ends

Edited by Xolot

• 1 month later...