Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Clickbait

TheErebus.

As someone who uses clickbait quite frequently (if not all the time), I'm curious to see what you guys think of it (in general, not just exclusive to the WF forum)

Personally, I'm fine with clickbait so as long as it remains true to what the main article/thread is saying. The main point of clickbait is to attract the attention of the user, and if the content is what the clickbait is saying then it's fine. 

Of course, if the main body of text doesn't remain true to the clickbait title, then that's when it's wrong.

So what do you think?

As someone who uses clickbait quite frequently (if not all the time), I'm curious to see what you guys think of it (in general, not just exclusive to the WF forum)

Personally, I'm fine with clickbait so as long as it remains true to what the main article/thread is saying. The main point of clickbait is to attract the attention of the user, and if the content is what the clickbait is saying then it's fine.

Of course, if the main body of text doesn't remain true to the clickbait title, then that's when it's wrong.

So what do you think?

Idm things like...

Warframe Y u...

But I don't like 1-2 word titles.

If you title a thread in a misleading way just to get people to look at your post, your post is likely of very little worth. On top of that, it ruins the chance of the thread being found by anyone who's actually keeping an eye out for whatever topic you might be discussing.

It's not cool.

"The Saryn Update is...", "Excalibur Prime and Update 18..."

Really, anything that consists an incomplete sentence is low quality clickbait.

"PLEASE NERF TRINITY, DE!!!"

Anything complete but lacks finesse leads to Flamebait.

"I would like to speak about Ember", "Someonename's version of Hek"

Naming yourself in a thread is difficult to tell, especially when the content is personal but in a case, very sensitive.

"Thoughts on Clickbait"

Okay, good day, sir.

9 times out of 10 clickbait is cancer

the 1 time that someone honestly wants to have an intellectual conversation? its often ruined by the dozens/hundreds/thousands of inane off-topic responses or just general toxic/bm/negativity/bs/nonsense ; typically originating from the fact that so few ppl read much past the subject line or the first few sentences, and even IF they read further... well... reading comprehension ftw yo...

=/ sad but tru

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I personally prefer titles to be short and to the point, then I'll get a sense of what the OP is saying on their actual post. As far as click bait, I'm not a fan. Generally it's the wording or the illusion that something is going to be there and it isn't.

If it leads to a joke thread, then I think it's funny, but I mostly hate it, especially when it's possible for 66% of the thread titles in recent topics to trail off into an ellipsis.

Those threads also have a majority of inflammatory and aggressive comments. Thankful that the comm-mods fix the titles, though, really helps, but it's just too late sometimes.

Edited by OptimumBow0

It depends, I don't really leave off-topic because I really feel like the feedback and discussion parts of the forum are way too toxic at times and I don't enjoy getting cancer from them, so as long as it isn't "OMG DE NERF ..." or some complete and utter bullS#&$ like that I really don't give a S#&$.