Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control Profiles?

Domaik

Question

Hi there.

I've recently moved in with my girlfriend(to a new country) so I'm playing with her computer now and we have this small issue where she has different controls than mine.

Me being an old closed beta player I've had my set of controls and keybinds for all these years so it's what I'm used to and how I play. I find it difficult to play with different controls

So my question here is, is there a way for two different accounts, that are playing in the same computer, to have different sets of controls/keybinds??

Ive never bothered so I don't know if WF has profiles for this type of thing. But so far controls set on one account carry over to the rest of accounts playing in the same machine.

Any ideas?

Thank you everyone for your time.

Edited by Domaik

4 answers to this question

Are you guys using the same Windows user account? Since keybinds are stored locally inside the ee.cfg file in %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Local\Warframe folder, have you tried using separate Windows user accounts? Just a thought, haven't tried it personally on my PC (single user here)

Warframe inherently does not support control profiles but there's an option to have two keys binded (bounded?) to one action. I'd suggest using that.

Alternatively you can switch the file mentioned by gnaah when you change the player though it can be rather inconvenient. Also this file determines your great so it'll change as well.

why didn;t you just bring you buy your own computer?

I'm not rich. moving to another country is not cheap either, i had to leave my best computer behind...maybe if you have enough money you can pay for the costs? :D

@GNAAHH

no, we didn't try to use different window profiles. It could work indeed but it might be quite bothersome to be switching every now and then. Will give it a try I guess...

my main goal is to have something comfortable and switching accounts it's not quite what I had in mind but it might be the only way...

EDIT: I'll also try managing something with the file mentioned and we'll see

It would be nice if someone from DE could answer me something

Edited by Domaik