The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe Skins Returning Permanently?

Gale47

Check out the final paragraph here (and ignore the wrong spelling of Palatine): http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-oneps4pc-shooter-warframe-adding-mythological/1100-6432572/

"In addition, Digital Extremes will offer a new Palantine Rhino Deluxe Skin as part of this weekend sale. The sale also sees the permanent return of other skins that were previously available only through limited-time offers."

Check out the final paragraph here (and ignore the wrong spelling of Palatine): http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-oneps4pc-shooter-warframe-adding-mythological/1100-6432572/

"In addition, Digital Extremes will offer a new Palantine Rhino Deluxe Skin as part of this weekend sale. The sale also sees the permanent return of other skins that were previously available only through limited-time offers."

HYPE?!

Make it happen, DE! Make. It. Happen! No longer will I need to panic-rush plat to get these lovely skins!

Won't stop people from crying "You said it was limited time only!!" for no good reason.

Well, I'm hopeful. I bought Proto back when it was first available, so I had it much earlier than most other people did. That's enough of an "upside" to the initial exclusivity, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Gale47

Won't stop people from crying "You said it was limited time only!!" for no good reason.

"But i wouldn't have bought if they didn't say it was time exclusive and i could buy it later"

I swear DE needs to omit the would "exclusive" from their marketing verbiage. It tends to bring out the self-entitled mentality in folks that want to be special.

Well DE first said that those skins will come back every year rotation thingy, they just make decision for those skins be in market all the time. I don't see any problem with it if you like what you see in those skins you will buy them and i dont see any single thing to "whine" about.

like naberus? There aren't many more time limited cosmetics other than seasonal stuff that they have already said wouldn't be around all year. I can't think of another time limited cosmetic...

I doubt this would apply to seasonal stuff...

"But i wouldn't have bought if they didn't say it was time exclusive and i could buy it later"

I swear DE needs to omit the would "exclusive" from their marketing verbiage. It tends to bring out the self-entitled mentality in folks that want to be special.

stuff like that will always find its way out no matter how many signs indicate the opposite, its best just to dismiss such bad attitudes are focus on the people that are happy for the general community and not purely themselves. 

i wonder however if this return of deluxes will allow de to sneak in a pbr version of proto excal, i know people have mentioned time and again a icon or two or his that look different from its current texture and makes me wonder if de has that locked up somewhere waiting for its return to light. 

There's going to be the exact same amount of salt about them not being timed exclusives anymore as there was about them being timed exclusives in the first place.  Which is silly, because they always said that stuff would return eventually.  Makes me happy, I've been sitting on a reserve of 200 plat for Orphid.  Now if I want, I can cool it a bit and buy some potatoes, although I'll probably still nab it just to cross it off the list.

Also, that other thread is wrong - the article says tomorrow for PC and soon for console, other thread says tomorrow for everyone.

Well DE first said that those skins will come back every year rotation thingy, they just make decision for those skins be in market all the time. I don't see any problem with it if you like what you see in those skins you will buy them and i dont see any single thing to "whine" about.

I don't see a problem either, but that doesn't matter. People are going to FIND something to complain about, even if there's no good reason (or any reason at all) for it.

See? This guy knows what's up.

I hope the premium skins get added permanently to the store.

I bought the Valkyr skin and hope it comes back so others can get it.

This timed exclusive thing seems like a really bad marketing scheme. I understand a timed introductory discount to drive initial sales, but limited availability on a digital product?

Makes no sense

Oh noes my axeclusife Saryn skin is not axeclusife anymoar!!!11!!!1

seriously, getting mad other people can get a cosmetic item you bought earlier just because it said "exclusive" sounds kinda childish

DE always said premium skins will return someday. and now it seems they are here to stay

I hope the premium skins get added permanently to the store.

I bought the Valkyr skin and hope it comes back so others can get it.

This timed exclusive thing seems like a really bad marketing scheme. I understand a timed introductory discount to drive initial sales, but limited availability on a digital product?

Makes no sense

this

that'll be a pleasant addition, lord knows de has gone a little overboard with their timed exclusives. 

As he said, DE goes overboard with their digital content. They create this stuff then sit on it for months and years on end releasing it only once in a blue moon. I'd think the longer its left on market the more potential sales. If you want to do a time exclusive for its initial release cool, because you have some people that have to have everything new and be the first with it...( alot of the complainers of them re-releasing content) but after a month or 2, just put it out there for good.