Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 17.12.0

[DE]Rebecca

As for the discussions on whether time limited and/or exclusive items that pop up again in the future, guys you shouldn't let that bother you. All the items that were made permanent with this update have never been marked as "one time-only exclusive" like the Excalibur, Lato and Skana primes.

They were time-limited, yes, but DE had a change of heart and decided to make them permanently available. There's nothing bad in that.. nobody lost anything. The prices are even the same they were when they were first introduced.

I'm pretty sure that DE at more than one time wanted to reintroduce Excal/Lato/Skana prime, but decided to hold onto their word since they said "It's now or never again".

how could one not agree with you, thinking the same...

but

yes, we did loose the exclusivity of it, being there at the right time to get it

since all those event and time limited rewards/items return, i feel like i'm a pure casual and i'm not "special" anymore... because everyone can get them now >.<

thus driving me a bit away from the game, loosing interest

As for the discussions on whether time limited and/or exclusive items that pop up again in the future, guys you shouldn't let that bother you. All the items that were made permanent with this update have never been marked as "one time-only exclusive" like the Excalibur, Lato and Skana primes.

They were time-limited, yes, but DE had a change of heart and decided to make them permanently available. There's nothing bad in that.. nobody lost anything. The prices are even the same they were when they were first introduced.

I'm pretty sure that DE at more than one time wanted to reintroduce Excal/Lato/Skana prime, but decided to hold onto their word since they said "It's now or never again".

I feel scammed. That's what it comes down to. A timer that shows "14 days left" and really only means "But again in about a month" is dishonest.

I've never felt at so many different occasions and in so many instances that I've been worked over by a company as I have playing Warframe. They take advantage of people and that isn't right.

Guys, guys.  DE didn't put limits on availability of skins and things so you could be a special little snowflake.  They did it to increase sales.  You know, "Don't delay, buy now!"  They simply decided that it was more profitable to make them available at any time because there were more people who wanted to purchase them after the fact than they were pulling in by pushing impulse purchases.

And before anyone starts on the whole Excalibur Prime thing, that situation was different because DE specifically stated it would be founders-only and the founders program existed to help raise money to keep Warframe going when its financial future was uncertain.  The people who became founders largely did so not knowing if Warframe would even be around a year from then.

Nothing wrong with being better than other people or wanting things you paid for.

this really ,made my day, thanks alot, was really depresed today and this helped me to cope with it :)

didnt you get what you pay for? i payed for the pack that was announced and got the 3 advertised items, did you miss any of those? if you are missing one, you better file a support ticket to see if they can check why you didnt get all the items advertised

Edited by salubri

Yes

I read in clan chat someone had said that they only make these things limited so people will immediately waste $20 for something, I guess that's true considering they make these available permanently shortly after. Smart move, DE. Smart move.

Does. Not. Matter.

Simple fact of the word "Exclusive". When you market something as Exclusive and people buy it to show support and give thanks for being given something exclusive to make themselves stand out; you don't turn tail and say "Yeah. Those dark sector items for our anniversary, and those skins we hyped up as being exclusive are now 0% special."

It's a marketing strategy. It's called "Bait and Switch". It's also called being liars about the skins exclusivity.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled player who shelled out over fifty dollars for what was marketed to me and what is now standard.

RIP Seeing regular excel or anything besides deluxe skins. Now that they're commonly available forever, why WOULDNT you buy them! Same concept as a Syandana and even less special.

Day this update came out and I've counted up to 15 excaliburs strutting about with proto. Meanwhile hundreds of us who gleefully celebrated the anniversary are now celebrating our wasted dosh.

thx de

*Edit

Aswell I'd like to point out that the only people here who're celebrating permanent returns are the ones who failed to have $10 in their pocket for the week they existed.

Middle fingers shouldn't be shown to the ones who buy, in favor of the ones minority who didn't.

Edited by KasiFlow

Does. Not. Matter.

Simple fact of the word "Exclusive". When you market something as Exclusive and people buy it to show support and give thanks for being given something exclusive to make themselves stand out; you don't turn tail and say "Yeah. Those dark sector items for our anniversary, and those skins we hyped up as being exclusive are now 0% special."

It's a marketing strategy. It's called "Bait and Switch". It's also called being liars about the skins exclusivity.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled player who shelled out over fifty dollars for what was marketed to me and what is now standard.

RIP Seeing regular excel or anything besides deluxe skins. Now that they're commonly available forever, why WOULDNT you buy them! Same concept as a Syandana and even less special.

Day this update came out and I've counted up to 15 excaliburs strutting about with proto. Meanwhile hundreds of us who gleefully celebrated the anniversary are now celebrating our wasted dosh.

thx de

*Edit

Aswell I'd like to point out that the only people here who're celebrating permanent returns are the ones who failed to have $10 in their pocket for the week they existed.

Middle fingers shouldn't be shown to the ones who buy, in favor of the ones minority who didn't.

A. Your money wasn't wasted. The item is still in your inventory and its price has not gone down.

B: Are you telling us that you would not have bought the skins (and thus supported DE) if you knew it was going to be available again down the line?

You assume that the only people that are happy with this are those that weren't able to get it in the beginning. That's wrong. Keep in mind that not everyone has your exact same outlook. I bought Excal, Valkyr, and Saryn skins myself (Those are the only 3 I wanted). Do you see me enraged by this? I do not feel betrayed. I do not feel jipped. I do not feel any negative thoughts on the subject. Perhaps that's because I bought the skins because they looked awesome, not because they were exclusive.

Just to make that clear: I didn't buy those Skins when they were first sold, so I'm not personally involved since I didn't buy them this time around either.

One argument here is: You got what you paid for, so don't be angry and be happy that other people enjoy it as well.

Some other people argue, that they should be happy that more people support now DE and the development of the game.

Those argument might be good if this game was a non Profit organization and all the money we give them goes directly into the game.

But just face it: This game is a business, nothing more nothing less. We are presented with a certain setup of things we get and we accept them and pay a price for it.

If you really believe that exclusivity has not value, you have understood nothing of human behavior. If it doesn't disturb you, that's your thing but you should accept that this is a real thing for other people.

Do you think people would pay millions of dollars for a painting if there were thousand identical paintings of them around?

I personally don't care about the exclusivity of my stuff, what I really don't appreciate is the bait strategy.

If they waited for the Saryn Skin one year before introduced permanently I think there would have been less outrage as well.

But they did it just weeks after they've been removed from the first sale.

i'm a guy who has had the other skins for month's..even purchased some of them when they first came out...and you know what? i just don't care what DE does...i mean to be honest it smells like a whole lot of people have a whole lot of self entitlement..........

Which i think is ironic considering how excalibro's skin went on sale 3 times before this so most people arguing exclusivity is moot at most....like to me, it sounds like a whole bunch of people sound like whiny brats that have always gotten there way...and now that the parents (DE) does what i think is a smart business move and give snacks( skins ) to everyone,people are outraged because they are not the only brat with a snack in the sandbox....

Tbh people can't even argue that they don't feel unique anymore because there is still plenty of content add on's color packs etc. etc. out there that can make you plenty of UNIQUE.,so again the argument is moot........people just need to get over themselves and not care..like WHO TF CARES..

Just play the dang game and be happy....this elites't attitude is what is wrong with society in real life..that's why there is so much dang drama in the united states now and world now with diversity and such...wont get into details here..but if you don't live under a rock you know what i mean.....

any way, point is ..

Just because you had a skin it did not in anyway shape or form make you better than or "ELITE" as some would say..it just made you pretty...or different....but to be mad because they gave old and new players a chance at the skin,it is so petty it hurts, get over it people,  it's here and it's here to stay, good move DE......

now if De said hey here is excalibur prime and all the perks ..then i would understand the outrage..but DE was under no contract or obligation to keep them exclusive or any of that.

So they could do whatever they want with these skins..sure at first it said limited time on the items but to me it was like someone in charge at the DE office said hey'..i think the whole "time limited"  thing on the skins is a little dumb because i stand to make more money with the constant flow of new players coming soooooo, lets just make them available to everyone all the time..come one come all"..

DE is a business first a game family second...but mixes it up by making a game dominantly free for the most part....So again quit with the self entitlement's because that isn't helping anybody not even your self.....GET OVER IT and go play this magnificent game...if you cant do that,(Sorry DE in advance for this") or Go play something else...

Simple fact of the word "Exclusive".

Where did it say that? I don't recall seeing that in the marketplace when I bought Valkyr's/Sayrn's skin. I recall "Time Limited" but not "Exclusive". I'll have to look into it if your entire claim (via the rest of your post) was correct or wrong/inaccurate and/or just misinformed.

Anyway, not sure what the vocal minority is getting their panties in a bunch about over some trivial as skins, but eh that's just me.

EDIT: Looked into it, from a few Prime Times when they brought it up (ep 86: 
) they say Time Limited. So I looked around and all I could find are threads about "Time Limited" and not the word "Exclusive" anywhere.
So I continued to find a video or a screenshot of the Marketplace back when of any of the TIME LIMITED skins, and behold that's exactly what is says @1:42: https://youtu.be/4LjmqNaRd10?t=1m42s You can ignore the audio if you wish. Just showing you the preview screen and Marketplace screen showing NOTHING of "Exclusive", or even implications of it.
No where could I find about if they're being only exclusive and will never return in some fashion (or might via another Time Limited window). All it says is Time Limited. I'm sorry if you or anyone feels like they can't be the only ones in the world to get it, but that's not what ACTUALLY is happening. And seeing quite a few older threads since Valkyr's skin debut about why they're Time Limited, and why they don't keep them in the Marketplace, you can put two-and-two together and realize the mass majority wanted this to happen, and so they delivered.
Again, I apologize you or anyone feels that way because of some false mindset that apparently they would be exclusive. I see alot more people anyway knowing this from the start. Unless specifically stated that they would be Exclusive and/or will never return (which I did not find anything like that), there is no reason to think that.

As it's been stated literally hundreds of times throughout the years, the ONLY "exclusive" items in Warframe as of now are:

- Excalibur Prime

- Lato Prime

- Skana Prime

- Lato Vandal

- Braton Vandal

Everything else can and will most likely make a return at some point after it's been vaulted, unless specifically stated otherwise by DE. This includes the premium skins. Not one single person here is entitled to any form of compensation. We got exactly what we paid for.

Who even came up with the term "time exclusive", anyway?

Edited by HalfDarkShadow