Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolution Engine Freezing Computer.

ObviousLee

My friend and I began experiencing this issue only a few moments ago, after no issues from yesterday's patch. there's been no hotfix or update, so when we logged in a few moments ago after having to hard shutdown once already, I've found myself here asking if anyone else has experienced this issue between yesterday and today?

Mine's been freezing at certain points on Uranus missions (i.e. underwater archwing portions), though about 10 seconds later it would unfreeze, and then it would freeze up about 15 seconds later. I'm starting to think the engine is leaking memory again. I rebooted my computer and it seems fixed for now.

Try rebooting and see if that works.

Same, into round 5/10 on a def mission, the game loses audio and starts to stutter and lag, it then gets worse. I quit the game, and check TaskMgr and its leaking memory and 80% CPU, took 5 minutes to close. This has only happened since the last update.

Edited by Tempest_Wales

i am having the same where my game will freeze and then unfreeze and it would boot me from the mission after a while

Mine's been freezing at certain points on Uranus missions (i.e. underwater archwing portions), though about 10 seconds later it would unfreeze, and then it would freeze up about 15 seconds later. I'm starting to think the engine is leaking memory again. I rebooted my computer and it seems fixed for now.

Try rebooting and see if that works.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday night (Warfframe 18.2.1) I played 2 hours with no problems.

This morning the game freezed almost 3 times with freezes lasting around 5 minutes before the game responded again (anyway had to terminate it).
Tried Verifying the cache, the Laucher got bugged and didn't start anymore even after cancelling the cache.
Reinstalled Warframe during the day.
1 hour ago I tryed updating the game (18.2.2):

For 3 times consecutive JUST THE LAUNCHER UPDATING WAS ENOUGH TO TOTALLY FREEZE MY COMPUTER forcing to Reset it multiple times.

My HD is fresh of format and reinstallation, It's clear, there's no grime nor errors.
I never had similar problems before the Update 18 with the Evolution Engine.

EDIT:
Somehow it fixed itself in the last days, but still the game seem to lag/dropFPS similar to how the freeze was happening, but doesn't freeze in the end.
Surely better than before.

Edited by Burnthesteak87