Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Taken Prisoner After All Revives Used

SasoDuck

Just a small idea that might make "dying" a little more interesting. Coming in U18 of course revives are now reset every mission. As such, people will likely be a little more gutsy because they're not trying to preserve revives as much.

Instead of the mission failing immediately upon dying on your last revive, have the enemies capture you. You're then transported to a prison cell somewhere on the mission you're currently in, that you must break out of, find your weapons, etc. similar to what happens when Zanuka captures you. If you fail to escape the prison or die again after being captured, you fail the mission. If you managed to escape and return to the main tileset, you may continue the mission where you left off.

Thoughts?

I like it, makes more consequence for staying to long or being reckless. Added bonus of being able to rejoin allies on defense/survival/raids if you lose all your revives. The breaking out will have to be difficult enough so it isn't quite enjoyable, but doable. 

It would be a good concept of a mission itself but unless you're playing solo... by the time you escape, the mission will already be done so I don't see how that will work

Perhaps that's all it needs to be. Sure your teammates might finish if you're playing online, but wouldn't it be more fun than sitting around watching your teammates shoot stuff? And it would make solo play a little more viable.

I like this sort of penalty given that we'll have constantly-refreshing Revives now, but rather than restrict it to that why not open it up? Move the Grustrag Bolt (or a Corpus/Infested/Corrupted Equivalent) off of the Grustrag three and have it be applied if you use all of your revives in a single mission.

Nah cause the idea to add some fun to the penalty, not just a flat penalty. The Bolt isn't really that fun-- you craft the unlock for it and that's it. That's not what I was trying to solve.

My idea is a penalty, but one you can enjoy escaping from.

Just a small idea that might make "dying" a little more interesting. Coming in U18 of course revives are now reset every mission. As such, people will likely be a little more gutsy because they're not trying to preserve revives as much.

Instead of the mission failing immediately upon dying on your last revive, have the enemies capture you. You're then transported to a prison cell somewhere on the mission you're currently in, that you must break out of, find your weapons, etc. similar to what happens when Zanuka captures you. If you fail to escape the prison or die again after being captured, you fail the mission. If you managed to escape and return to the main tileset, you may continue the mission where you left off.

Thoughts?

I don't agree that you should be able to continue the mission. Even from P2P point of view this would be impossible. If you are not the host, then the others would finish the mission and the mission would have to do a Host Migration which is no guarantee of anything.

Being captured is fine, you would just be held like with Zanuka, but it would have to be a separate instance after the actual mission you were in.

By allowing a "continue" you are in fact giving MORE then 4 revives per mission. You are basically inserting an "extra revives mini game" into it with your base idea otherwise.