The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Way To Expel Inactive Warlords?

(PSN)A_SimpleName

Question

I am unsure of the proper location to post this question/feedback, so please move it if it's misplaced.

My concern is inactive warlords and the upcoming U18 with clan downsizing. Currently, my clan has a warlord that forgot his password to his PS4 account and he is taking up a valuable spot in the clan (10 members). I was wondering if DE can implement a system where other warlords can have the ability/option to expel another warlord after a period of inactivity (let's say 365 days?). A year of inactivity is more than enough for anyone to be considered "gone". With the amount of resources require for certain clan tech, having to cough up 30 members size clan with only less than ONE handful active is very burdensome. I can't imagine for much much larger clan. 

17 answers to this question

inb4 this thread possibly turns terrible, I would imagine you would have to file a support ticket and have them look at it, though i don't know such things, I don't suppose you can simply kick him can you?

edit: this should probably be moved to player assistance, player support desk.

Edited by Vidaren

I am unsure of the proper location to post this question/feedback, so please move it if it's misplaced.

My concern is inactive warlords and the upcoming U18 with clan downsizing. Currently, my clan has a warlord that forgot his password to his PS4 account and he is taking up a valuable spot in the clan (10 members). I was wondering if DE can implement a system where other warlords can have the ability/option to expel another warlord after a period of inactivity (let's say 365 days?). A year of inactivity is more than enough for anyone to be considered "gone". With the amount of resources require for certain clan tech, having to cough up 30 members size clan with only less than ONE handful active is very burdensome. I can't imagine for much much larger clan. 

Yeah I would probably file a support ticket, they are really helpful and they will know how long they are inactive. Make sure to have clan name/their username/your username ready.

Agreed, OP.   I have a clan of 3 and 2 of those members are now inactive Warlords (for over a year). 

Kind of silly that you can't do anything about this, especially as I was the founder. 

Edited by Cynick

Better bet to leave and join another clan, like it or not it does suck when members go inactive especially the clan Grand Warlord whose account the clan is created on and attached too. From my side as a clan warlord/owner if I found out that DE went and removed me from my clan, which I personally put the $$$$ in to create there would be legal issues.

1) Thank you for moving it to the correct thread.

2) Yes, he forgot his PS4 password and email (long story).

3) We invited him back into the clan and re-promoted him back to Warlord; (so he now takes up 2 spots).

4) We put in the majority of the work and money to build the dojo/clan. He is pretty much a "founder" of the clan (that's about it).

5) It's too far along with all research tech and all to make/ find a new clan. We went as far as paying the to rename the clan and reestablish a new clan emblem.

6) If let's say that DE is able to delete his account/ remove him, what will happen to the dojo/clan?

a) Since he is the founder, will the whole clan/dojo delete with him?

b) If I manage to convince him to contact support, what info will he needs to validate his identity? 

1) Thank you for moving it to the correct thread.

2) Yes, he forgot his PS4 password and email (long story).

3) We invited him back into the clan and re-promoted him back to Warlord; (so he now takes up 2 spots).

4) We put in the majority of the work and money to build the dojo/clan. He is pretty much a "founder" of the clan (that's about it).

5) It's too far along with all research tech and all to make/ find a new clan. We went as far as paying the to rename the clan and reestablish a new clan emblem.

6) If let's say that DE is able to delete his account/ remove him, what will happen to the dojo/clan?

a) Since he is the founder, will the whole clan/dojo delete with him?

b) If I manage to convince him to contact support, what info will he needs to validate his identity? 

Okay let me see how much I understand here:

If he forgot his password & email and is the founder how did you have the ability to pay for a new emblem & rename the clan without using his account as the Warlord? As far as I know there is only one person who can make those changes and that is the 1st Founder/warlord.

No with that said if they were to delete his account than there is a 90% chance it will delete the clan entirely, but on the other side of that I have been told that you cannot delete a clan/dojo until all members have been removed at which time the founder can delete the clan.

If you convince him to contact support they will tell him directly what information they need, no one here can tell you that confidential information. Of course it may be more complicated as it is a PS4 account and he may need to speak with Sony first.

Please message support , they should be able to help you with that problem.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

From the support FAQ for clans and Dojo's ...

"If the Warlord(s) or Creator of a clan has been inactive for 30 days or longer they can be replaced by submitting a ticket to our support desk (we want to ensure that all clans are able to function correctly, which is not possible without at least one active Warlord)."

Agreed, OP.   I have a clan of 3 and 2 of those members are now inactive Warlords (for over a year). 

Kind of silly that you can't do anything about this, especially as I was the founder. 

as a founder i believe you can demote them thus enabling you to kick them