Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Ships Dying Too Quickly?

MegatronG1

If this thread has been made before then if a Moderator could please close or delete this then that would be good.

I am not sure about the situation on the other platforms pertaining to Fomorian assaults.

At least from what I have seen so far with the recent Fomorian Attacks on our relays, that Fomorian ships seem to only last a couple hours after they show up. I usually only see them at 40~50% hull integrity and don't even last the full 3 days (Lol).

Do you guys think that the Fomorian ships should stay as they are? Or should they be buffed a little so that the hull decay from each mission completed is slightly less at least so that it can last at least 1 day before it's destroyed.

One negative thing would be that too many people could just farm it for Fusion core packs, if it lasts that long. But it could give people who want to farm the Imperator Vandal more time to farm for the parts they need.

To be honest though I feel that they are fine, but I would like to hear out what the community members that lurk the forums have to say about this if they even see the thread.

It depends on how many players are around.

If you increase its health it could just as easily destroy a relay as it could die within a few hours if people aren't on.

I think people see it as going quickly because of the 3 day time limit on the fomorians, but the rate they're destroyed puts them more in the category of regular alerts that go for a few hours. The time limit is just a formality.

Well, It's probably going down fairly quick because, you know, it's attacking your relay. All your fellow Tenno do not appreciate being attacked so they spend their time murdering that big ol' machine.

I only say that because on PS4 our relay was attacked not too long ago and I witnessed it go down from 77% to  32% just overnight!

They could give it a bit more of a buff, or just expand the time frame to attack it to give others a chance to nab at it a little bit. To me it's all fine though.

The last 1 on the PC?

I farmed it for R5 gold fusion cores and nothing else :P

(When i say i farmed it, i  meant i have done nothing else but going there non-stop)

So i assume others done the same thing as well after all the drop chances for cores where the higher then anywhere else in the game X_X

I remember the last fomorian sabotage mission on pc. It only last 8 hours. even though the time limit is 3 days. I know that balor fomorian can destroy your relay permanently if there isn't any tenno around to protect it but at least give a little buff to the health of the fomorian. New players farming it for Imperator Vandal (incl. myself) and old players doing it for R5 cores. I have a suggestion for the fomorian sabotage to keep it interesting. Make the reward like an invasion. If you complete x amount sabotage for the mission you can get x amount of cores at the end of the sabotage. That way it won't destroyed extremely quickly. And judging from invasions there are rarely invasions that last upp to 3 days. So you can adjust it like invasions. pretty fair imo. New players have their time to search for imperator vandal. Old players also get the cores. I dont know about the exact amount of cores at the end of mission that will count as fair too all players. But the thing is not everyone can do the mission for the last 2 fomorian sabotage (kronia and larunda iirc)

If this thread has been made before then if a Moderator could please close or delete this then that would be good.

I am not sure about the situation on the other platforms pertaining to Fomorian assaults.

At least from what I have seen so far with the recent Fomorian Attacks on our relays, that Fomorian ships seem to only last a couple hours after they show up. I usually only see them at 40~50% hull integrity and don't even last the full 3 days (Lol).

Do you guys think that the Fomorian ships should stay as they are? Or should they be buffed a little so that the hull decay from each mission completed is slightly less at least so that it can last at least 1 day before it's destroyed.

One negative thing would be that too many people could just farm it for Fusion core packs, if it lasts that long. But it could give people who want to farm the Imperator Vandal more time to farm for the parts they need.

To be honest though I feel that they are fine, but I would like to hear out what the community members that lurk the forums have to say about this if they even see the thread.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing by saying my following statement but:

I have planned and equipped for a formorian attack a month ago. I missed it and any since have been killed so fast I was unaware of their presence. Thus I have never seen a formorian mission in game.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

there's been a few threads on this topic already

yeah, they do feel made of glass with how fast they go down. I feel they need to stick around at "0% HP" for at LEAST a full 24 hours to give people who aren't NEETs the ability to at least run them, if not run them AND farm the Impenetrator Vandal parts (stupidly low drop rate >.<)

The problem is that a lot of people are farming them for the Imperator Vandal and it has a pretty crappy drop rate. Once those people have them i suspect that the number of people killing the Formorian's and if they buff them to much they will not die and the relay will go kaboom.

They also do not want them to be a grind for 3 days to get a million R5 fusion cores, so having them hang around for a day or 3 would just make them mandatory farm for anyone looking to rank up MODs. I middle ground would be to make them hang around at 0 health for a few hours but remove the R5 fusion cores from the loot table so that people can get their Imperator Vandal's.