Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Pve/pvp Umbra Only Assassin Mission. I Would Do This All The Time.

A set of missions that only Umbra Frames can play, in "PvE" you show up in the normal Assassin type intro, taunts and all and it gives you a chance to find your target before you become killable and get the rewards depending on if you get killed or not

In "PvP" where the assassin is sent as an extra player (1 to 2 depending on if Rngsus is wanting this mission to be epic) with three times more hitpoints as any other Frames so he can go up against multiple player and survive a full assault from both teams since both teams get the rewards from the kill even if they lose, this give people a chance to feel like a nice human, you can stop fighting the players and help kill a badass, but the assassin would get different rewards if he kills the target.

When an assassin mission becomes available the player will get a random invite called "Release Their Soul" or something mystical and you can choose to accept the mission and kill the target and anyone that gets in your way, even if it's another assassin that is you target or decline and let that Tenno live to fight another day and receive a Random Gift from a faction that likes when you decline to assassinate the target. as for loot you'd receive a rare weapon blueprint or some epic loot/frame part

In PvE two assassins can appear but one appears in the form of a player with a specter battalion that is sent to help kill the assassin for a reward but still have to deal with the players after the assassin is dead, you'd keep the reward from assassin kill even if the players kill you after. or the players picked you as a more treatening target than the assassin and die you would get a mission failed because you died first and get the normal "mission failed screen" same goes for the assassins too, the players just wouldn't get any loot and you might get another invite once you get back in your ship.

When you decline you have a chance to either stay in your ship or get sent into a mission where that faction wants you to protect some tenno from a different assassin and they give you an improved death squad to help you kill the assassin but you have the same gear as the specters so everything is kinda balanced.

all of these wouldn't be just the same scenario over and over though, you have to remember that not all people are at their computer or paying attention to hit yes or no, maybe there are no other umbras on or the timing is delayed for the other players or maybe you get to fight a npc assassin like G3 or Zanuka or he who shall not be named. so these crazy moments will always feel rare and exciting when you happen to be the death squad and are trying to help the tenno and die trying.

This could be amazing for the people that turn gameplay into awesome videos if they have an amazing moment.

TL-DR

A mission where you are the assassin, i think this would make Umbra frames something i'd want to use often if it happened.

Edited by Navec

A set of missions that only Umbra Frames can play...

As patient as I usually am, I stopped reading after this. It just isn't ethical to prevent players from participating in missions based on which warframe variant they use.

You would also do well to reformat your text, I just don't like reading walls of letters with no black space in between.

Reminds me of Dark Souls invasions, not my thing but I could see some of the more advanced PvP crowd loving it. That said, it should probably be aimed at high level players for the victims so it isn't just beating up new players like an overpowered super ninja bully. Would be a hit with Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 fans, I assume as part of a Stalker syndicate enemy to all other factions or something?