The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quest: The Second Dream [U18 Megathread/spoilers]

[DE]Danielle

I wasn't expecting the Tenno to be anything, really.

I never put thought into if they were horrid abominations. Or animoos. Or normal people. Or energy beings. They were mysterious, and I liked them that way.

One of the biggest things that narks me the heck off is that they're flipped where the import is. The warframes you've gotten attached to? The ones you've customized and maybe made little backstories for, or really like their existing ones like Valkyr? Oh no, those are irrelevant! You're supposed to care about the midget in the chair, THIS is who you're playing as now!

I see where you're coming from. It does kind of make my Excalibro feel a little expendable now, which is a shame.

It will always stick in the back of my mind now. The fact that my Warframe has been revealed to not be my true original body makes me a little sad, but hopeful at the same time. Hopeful for new and interesting content for the future.

Who knows, maybe one day DE might bring out a quest that allows your Tenno to don the suit themselves. Obviously when they've grown a bit more though.

I see where you're coming from. It does kind of make my Excalibro feel a little expendable now, which is a shame.

It will always stick in the back of my mind now. The fact that my Warframe has been revealed to not be my true original body makes me a little sad, but hopeful at the same time. Hopeful for new and interesting content for the future.

Who knows, maybe one day DE might bring out a quest that allows your Tenno to don the suit themselves. Obviously when they've grown a bit more though.

See, part of me doesn't even know if that would make me feel much better. The damage has been done.

And not at all helped by the absolute death of choices. I wouldn't be quite so annoyed if I could be a bulky dude with a kickass beard. But no, gotta be the androgenous gangly kid.

On the contrary. The Lotus sees the Tenno power as sacred because it hurts directly their children. The children will still feel the pain the Warframe does.

In other words: You are soul bound with the Warframe. While it looks expendable, it actually is not.

Also don't forget: The child is you. The Warframe you've customized, you've still customized, because it's actually you who controls it.

On the contrary. The Lotus sees the Tenno power as sacred because it hurts directly their children. The children will still feel the pain the Warframe does.

In other words: You are soul bound with the Warframe. While it looks expendable, it actually is not.

Also don't forget: The child is you. The Warframe you've customized, you've still customized, because it's actually you who controls it.

A lot of people (Like myself) don't give a whit what the Lotus thinks.

Thing is, I don't wanna be some wheedly little kid. I wanna be Valkyr, the scarred berserker, or Mesa, the blind gunslinger, or Vauban, the impossible engineer. I don'twant to be playing as some half-pint pretending to be them.

Don't get me wrong, I really like this update. I feel like the character creation or "teenage customisation" menu should have been given more overall attention so we could have more in-depth attachment to our new character, like a clear definition between male and female, age and height increase.

I'm not asking for Fallout 4, but something along those lines would have been appreciated.

That being said, I really do think this has the potential to become something truly amazing. The character creation menu will probably be updated over time. Personally I would have liked to have given my character dreadlocks and have him over six foot tall.

I still cannot shake the feeling like the Warframe is now like a timeshare thing. The concept I love, but I still cannot help my feelings towards this specific situation after spending so much time in a state of ambiguity.

It's like when you go on holiday. You love it, but you always have that feeling in the back of your head that it's not home and you'll eventually have to go back. That's the best way I can personally describe it.

But like I said, this has major potential if continued in the right way.

Side note: StallorD just uploaded the music from the Second Dream. This one brought me to tears:

Edit: Fixed the link.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I bet it'll be eerie talking to them. The LOOK like kids but they are every bit the warframes they pilot. Imagine talking to a 12 year old girl and you know lurking behind those eyes is a killer capable of simply blasting you to nothing or using a warframe to shred you to pieces.

A lot of people (Like myself) don't give a whit what the Lotus thinks.

Thing is, I don't wanna be some wheedly little kid. I wanna be Valkyr, the scarred berserker, or Mesa, the blind gunslinger, or Vauban, the impossible engineer. I don'twant to be playing as some half-pint pretending to be them.

But you aren't just some wheedly little kid - your consciousness has obviously existed in varying states between waking and dreaming for centuries - throughout the Orokin era and this one we awoke into. You have been controlling all those Warframe's you identify with so strongly on a pretty deep mental level.

The frame personas and their powers are just as much a part of YOU as the malnourished kid in the back of the LIset is. While you may well physically still be a teenager - i think its safe to say that mentally we're a lot older and more experienced than the physical shell implies. 

After playing throught the quest quickly last night and not getting much sleep. My initial impression, I loved it. cinematics, music score, and the enviroments. You guys did a great job putting it together.

After completing it the quest though, running through missions, the 'child's'/operator's comments quickly felt out of place. Especially with Warframes that can kill mercilessly.

The focus system is for another thread and I'm sure there's still going to be tweaks and changes made to it over the next few weeks.

But you aren't just some wheedly little kid - your consciousness has obviously existed in varying states between waking and dreaming for centuries - throughout the Orokin era and this one we awoke into. You have been controlling all those Warframe's you identify with so strongly on a pretty deep mental level.

The frame personas and their powers are just as much a part of YOU as the malnourished kid in the back of the LIset is. While you may well physically still be a teenager - i think its safe to say that mentally we're a lot older and more experienced than the physical shell implies. 

Yeah, but we haven't had any sort of attachment to this wheedly kid.

It's all been the warframes. We're being told they're just meatsuits for the freshly-introduced spudlings to drive around. Spudlings we're being told is EVER so important. It's like a bad fanfiction.

Congratulations, DE. I felt like I was playing Warframe again for the first time... I'm actually really happy with how things ended. All in all, this quest was briliant, I enjoyed every part of it: The music, the animations, the characters... I'll be honest with you, I never thought Warframe would get me to tear up but you've done it.

Now all we need is a quest replay button...

Edited by HornedRat

Teenagers I think, their voices make them sound older.

This quest immediately reminded me of that movie. Only difference is your other body spouts monologues in the missions.

don't forget that the story is 10x better then avatar

I loved this quest from start to end, and tbh it was the first time I've ever had an update exceed my hype expectations. Bravo, DE, bravo. I don't even care for the story's flaws, because the rest of it is just so damn good.

I really would love to be able to walk around in the Liset (or maybe even Relays) in human form, though, as well as some less cheesy/generic lines for our Operators. We're hardened soldiers on some level, after all.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Lol the guy on reddit called it anime teens with bad hair... >_>

Because you can have your "kid" wear fking MEGANEEEEEEEEEEEE XD

Btw, that one kid just opened a whole new frontier for us to grind A.K.A. Focus (Still waiting for myself to calm after the epic quest)

If the Stalker is the same as the Tenno....

Man...

I don't want to think about what happened to his Operator.

Quick, to the Loremobile XD

Edited by Mad_Kitten

Because you can have your "kid" wear fking MEGANEEEEEEEEEEEE XD

Btw, that one kid just opened a whole new frontier for us to grind A.K.A. Focus (Still waiting for myself to calm after the epic quest)

Quick, to the Loremobile XD

I was honestly hoping for a more Ergo proxy answer lol not enders game mixed with ghost in the shell >_<

They are. The Rhino Prime codex entry confirms it. Without an operator they're like mindless violent animals.

In the quest, your Warframe pulls out the sword on its own while the tenno is incapacitated by Stalker.

From then on your tenno talks to your Warframe in the second person, as if it can listen.

Yeah, now that I think about it, i think that's right. When the Rhino frame got close to that door, a Tenno gained control of the frame. But it's not just an infested creature. It was different than regular infested creatures, as the Tenno can mind control the frames, but not any infested..

I am gonna treat this "tenno Controller" thing with the idea that the kids are powers sources for the frames and keep the tenno from going berzker(stalker?)

Kinda like the Master/servant idea from the Fate anime. The master supplies the servant with mana and keeps them in check. the servant fights for and protects the master.

So in Warframes case: the Children are a MASSIVE source of power but cant really to much in the fighting department. Thats where the warframe comes in, A Fearless warrior who can strike down the most powerfull opponets. but they need to keep the "transferance" link up or they can't fight or defend. Like how your frame collapses when the child exits the pod. Similar to how a servant without a master link can't arm themsevles and become weak.(Saber and Caster for example).

now the one thing frames differ from servants is that the kids need to be in the pods to be able to operate fully but if there child is close by they seem to act in minimal power state.like how your frame can hold the child and do its best t but the kid does the fighting.

and also the loyalty of master/servant  is there as the warframe seems act on its own to stop the stalker from killing its partner.

this is how I am gonna play with this new lore. feel free to criticize! (also FIRST POST for me!)