The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Warframe Been Ruined By The Update 18 Reveal? [Spoiler City.]

StabbyTentacles

I wouldn't say ruined, it just makes me personally care a whole lot less about their lore, to the point that I pretend that the moe thing in basement is just some ancient statue built into the orbiter centuries ago, that I have to offer affinity sacrifices at in order to unlock "not even my final form".

Edited by UrielColtan

If you'd read the codex literally none of it was surprising besides character customization.

Kinda this.  Not much came as a shocker, there were a few things I wasn't sure about, but honestly, the biggest surprise to me was when the blinding flash ended and then boom: character customization, and then the Focus system. All I could think was How long have they been secretly working on this?!

I just keep thinking of Iron Man now tbh. He telepathically operates his suits, he fights battles from across space, he's got a little spaceship to interchange suits, his new suits are even somewhat alive made from the venom symbiote.

It doesn't ruin it for me by far, as I love both, its just kinda weird now is all.

It seems as though our Warframes are actually Symbiotes, evidenced by your Warframe ripping a greatsword out of their gut in the quest.

So in fact, your Warframes may actually have a personality of their own, which is merged with the Operator's own personality while they're operating it. Take note of the fact that the Operators, for all this time, have believed that they were actually the Warframes themselves.

Symbiotes, yeah I guess that's where the warframes stand now. Still can’t help but look at this as a pretty significant step down from the first dream.

Kinda this.  Not much came as a shocker, there were a few things I wasn't sure about, but honestly, the biggest surprise to me was when the blinding flash ended and then boom: character customization, and then the Focus system. All I could think was How long have they been secretly working on this?!

The only surprise I felt was that the tenno was still a kid instead of a former kid who'd grown up over the course of the old war. Cryostasis, I guess.

I'm kind of hoping for some adult body and voice pack in the future tho. You want my money, DE? Give me that. Have Darvo contact us about bootleg grineer growth accelerators or something. :p

The thing is after your warframe gotten stabbed he kinda unstabbed himself.

DE is going to pull this:

After the tenno using the souless warframes for so long they slowly become more human. Realizing their own existence.

That would be a step in the right direction in fixing this trainwreck for me, though I would rather be person in a frame, like Hayden Tenno. Not these creepy cherub operators.

Edited by UrielColtan

I also saw a theory that it was the Lotus who controlled the warframe at that moment. Or maybe the connection between the Tenno and warframe is more complicated than we think.

Hope so. (Hope there's a 3rd dream lel.)

That would be a step in the right direction in fixing this trainwreck for me, though I would rather be person in a frame, like Hayden Tenno.

Yeah, give me the option to join him DE, then I'll shut my yapper. 

I liked the reveal, it was well done and foreshadowed heavily.  They also did a good job of posing additional questions.  We now know what the Tenno are, but what exactly are the Warframes?  Are they alive?  Are they sentient?  We don't know, but we can speculate and wait for further story. 

The Tenno are really cringeworthy. After almost 3 years of mute badassery, I was a little stunned when confronted with my cheesy, kinda laid-back (even after near death) true self.

My friend heard his Tenno say "That was a close one" after breaking a corpus container. Why.

I don't think the WF universe was richer the way it was. It was actually rather lacking in my eyes.

The guesswork the community was doing was becoming tiring and it gave me the impression DE weren't sure what direction they wanted to take and it seemed lazy. It was okay at first but eventually it wore thin, especially with the vague codex entries we received.

To be honest, I feel a little more immersed now and feel it has a bit more of an identity now for me. I also feel slightly more involved and interested in the story.

Edited by Naith

I've heard some people just had problems with us being kids- not alot of people can fit in that shoes easily, even with the fact that these kids are thousands of years old. The basic premise of this game encourage the sense that we are awesome space ninjas on a quest, so people like me took it more literal and think we are the awesome space ninjas.

And to be honest, just because the game hinted from the beginning doesn't mean no one can raise a voice about the decision and execution of the lore.

The thing is after your warframe gotten stabbed he kinda unstabbed himself.

DE is going to pull this:

After the tenno using the souless warframes for so long they slowly become more human. Realizing their own existence.

Yeah, then once they become self aware they're all, 

screw this Ima do this for the ladies/gents/both (tick appropriate response)

I've heard some people just had problems with us being kids- not alot of people can fit in that shoes easily, even with the fact that these kids are thousands of years old. The basic premise of this game encourage the sense that we are awesome space ninjas on a quest, so people like me took it more literal and think we are the awesome space ninjas.

And to be honest, just because the game hinted from the beginning doesn't mean no one can raise a voice about the decision and execution of the lore.

I think it's less of the problem that we're children, but more the issue that we are extremely immature and look dumb as hell.

That would be a step in the right direction in fixing this trainwreck for me, though I would rather be person in a frame, like Hayden Tenno. Not these creepy cherub operators.

Well Saladv hinted towards something confusing for them once he open the warframe up.

DE might go down that path where:

Lotus: Commander of the Warframe/Tenno Army

Tenno: Manager of the Warframes.

Warframes: Husks that somehow found out their own existence.

They might pull a Gundam Wing and every other Gundam in that time line. That even though the Warframes started out as husks but after a while the pilots' feelings and emotions rubbed off on to the Warframe and that is how it sort of is a husk but at the same time not a husk.

Could do something like T virus morphed certain people into War machines but over time their soul and body ceased to exist but the Orokin found a way to control those useless husks and that was the Tenno. But after the Tenno interacting with the Warframe enough the old soul of the frame of previous person sort of "unmelted" and realized in reality they shouldn't give up the fight but continue it with the help of the Tenno.

This man speaks the truth

It's been blatantly clear that we weren't actually in the frames since the tennotext error message that started popping up in U17.5. People literally predicted this in the threads where those were translated. It's been slightly less blatantly clear but still pretty clear that we weren't actually in the frames since the Limbo quest. It's been reasonably clear since the beginning that we weren't in the frames since ain't no way you're gonna fit a Rhino into a Nova frame, with the only alternative explanation being "well maybe there's a really buff Nova out there and DE just doesn't show it because that's way more work for their artists for little gain."

Your argument towards that end has never been particularly satisfying in light of the other evidence we have.

The quote is something I made up as a joke, it's not real. :p

Evidence? Do tell, I would like to know more. And even if what you said are indeed correct. The representation of the warframe in the cutscene and consequentially the lore just isn't quite satisfying.

Well Saladv hinted towards something confusing for them once he open the warframe up.

DE might go down that path where:

Lotus: Commander of the Warframe/Tenno Army

Tenno: Manager of the Warframes.

Warframes: Husks that somehow found out their own existence.

They might pull a Gundam Wing and every other Gundam in that time line. That even though the Warframes started out as husks but after a while the pilots' feelings and emotions rubbed off on to the Warframe and that is how it sort of is a husk but at the same time not a husk.

Could do something like T virus morphed certain people into War machines but over time their soul and body ceased to exist but the Orokin found a way to control those useless husks and that was the Tenno. But after the Tenno interacting with the Warframe enough the old soul of the frame of previous person sort of "unmelted" and realized in reality they shouldn't give up the fight but continue it with the help of the Tenno.

Yes, I sceond that, and we can still keep the co-dependence part with the whole holy trinity thing (Lotus, Children, Warframe), but this time warframes have some more develeoped form of conscious.