The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Can Someone Explain How The Focus System Works?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I'm getting kinda lost trying to figure this out.

All I know is, there's these 5 things, and choosing a thing gives you a thing, and pressing 5 does a thing related to the thing I chose.

But what do I do with the thing that I got from choosing the thing, and how do I level up the thing, and how do I unlock more things?

Gaaah, this wasn't explained in the game very well... kinda just threw me in.

15 answers to this question

I'm getting kinda lost trying to figure this out.

All I know is, there's these 5 things, and choosing a thing gives you a thing, and pressing 5 does a thing related to the thing I chose.

But what do I do with the thing that I got from choosing the thing, and how do I level up the thing, and how do I unlock more things?

Gaaah, this wasn't explained in the game very well... kinda just threw me in.

you get things from applying things to your things, which you use to thing up your thing.

The Lens can be inserted into any gear, like a potato. You cannot remove it, but it can be replaced which destroys the previous installed lens. Affinity gained by that particular item, will convert into points for Focus.

To level up Focus, there's two things : Pool points, and the Focus points required to level the skill, much like the mod system.

Pool points are in the middle, the 4/5 bar. Think of this as mod capacity. 

Focus points are like 'Credits' to level up the particular ability / skill, also used to purchase Pool points and unlocking new abilities. 

And after buying / unlocking an ability, you need to click on it so it becomes red (which indicates that its active). 

Edited by Neah

In the Arsenal, go to Upgrade. In the Actions menu (the one where you install potatos) you can install the lens you got from the quest. When you do missions with the gear with the lens, you get focus point (depending on EXP earned, I think)

The Lens can be inserted into any gear, like a potato. You cannot remove it, but it can be replaced which destroys the previous installed lens. Affinity gained by that particular item, will convert into points for Focus.

To level up Focus, there's two things : Mapping points, and the Focus points required to level the skill, much like the mod system.

Mapping points are in the middle, the 4/5 bar. Think of this as mod capacity.

Focus points are like 'Credits' to level up the particular ability / skill.

And after buying / unlocking an ability, you need to click on it so it becomes red (which indicates that its active).

But what are mapping points exactly? How do they work?

Worded it wrong, in game they are simply named "Pool"

Here, take a look at the Pool points.

dIiWvjZ.jpg

After activating Blazing Fury (highlighted red which means its active), which costs 3, it subtracts from the pool, which is identical to installing mods on your gears.

y7SW9MI.jpg

With the current Focus point restrictions, you'll max out a tree in about... 3-4 months minimum. :^)

Edited by Neah

Worded it wrong, in game they are simply named "Pool"

After activating Blazing Fury (highlighted red which means its active), which costs 3, it subtracts from the pool, which is identical to installing mods on your gears.With the current Focus point restrictions, you'll max out a tree in about... 3-4 months minimum. :^)

So you can unlock Pool capacity to max with Forus Point ?

So you can unlock Pool capacity to max with Forus Point ?

Yep, but the cost to increase Pool capacity also increases with each point bought.

Note that increasing ability level also requires more Pool points to maintain it, so its a two-fold cost you need to keep in mind.

Edited by Neah

Yep, but the cost to increase Pool capacity also increases with each point bought.

Note that increasing ability level also requires more Pool points to maintain it, so its a two-fold cost you need to keep in mind.

Thanks, well as i expect, using all abilities will be too much OP. And what is max Pool capacity ?

Edited by Myscho

So you gain rep and you choose if invest in adding more points or unlocking abilities?

So you gain rep and you choose if invest in adding more points or unlocking abilities?

In short, you need both. Focus points to unlock them, and Pool points to use them, and buying Pool points requires Focus points.

Edited by Neah