The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] How Do You Get More Focus Points?

Codrax

Question

I've checked the forums a lot and found nothing but assumptions, and yet my confusion still persist...

Basically, I want to know how some of you guys get like 2k - 10k+ FP

The average FP i get from missions is around 500+FP, let alone the daily cap is 75k FP...

I'll get complaints about this, hopefully not,

I chose Vazarin, and I put it on Volt P... 

I did ran some experiments with it, like going on T1E using melee only [500+FP] and also tried using Shock only [800+FP] 

Out of curiousity, will the amount of FP gained be affected by the lens' and the Warframe's aura polarity not corresponding to each other?

13 answers to this question

purely based on killing with whatever you put your lens on. So with volt you're going to have to shock people to death... If you put lens on melee weapon you can get stealth kill bonus giving you more points. But with warframes only kills you get with your power give you focus. Best on things like ember, equinox, nova (nuking frames) if you put it on something like a trinity you're screwed. Lets say you put a lens on your melee weapon, but the whole mission you kill everything with your primary weapon you will get pretty much 0 focus points.

its a lot of just speculation atm but from what ive seen you only gain focus from using whatever the lens is in to KILL with, so i have a lens in my quanta and killing with it gains me focus, but if i kill with my sonicor i get no focus, because no lens, i also(unwisely atm) put a lens in my trinity, and as she doesnt really kill stuff i usually geta few hundred focus from her at best, for a frame with the way things are now you ONLY get focus from killing with a lensed item, be it frame(abilities) or weapon 

You gain focus points in the same way you would gain affinity for whatever the lens is attached to.  Killing something with warframe power gives all the affinity/FP to that warframe and none to yout weapons.  Killing something with a weapon gives half the affinity/FP to that weapon and half to your warframe, and none to your other weapons.  A squad mate killing something distributes that affinity/FP equally among your warframe and all your equipped weapons.  That also applies to objective affinity like finishing a spy vault.  

So if you only have a lens attached to one equipped item then you can get 100%, 50%, 25%, or 0% of any affinity you see applied towards focus points, depending on what the lensed item is and what triggered the affinity.

Personally, I put my lens on Loki.  I can get 3-6K FP soloing a high level spy mission and stealth killing everything.  Because of the above rules I'm only getting 50% of the possible focus points for those kills, but the 5x stealth modifier more than makes up for that.

purely based on killing with whatever you put your lens on. So with volt you're going to have to shock people to death... If you put lens on melee weapon you can get stealth kill bonus giving you more points. But with warframes only kills you get with your power give you focus. Best on things like ember, equinox, nova (nuking frames) if you put it on something like a trinity you're screwed. Lets say you put a lens on your melee weapon, but the whole mission you kill everything with your primary weapon you will get pretty much 0 focus points.

Not quite, it takes 2.5% of the affinity gained. When a fellow tenno kills an enemy your weapons get 25% affinity, of that 2.5% is converted into focus.

If you put it on your warframe then even weapon kills give focus since your warframe gets 50% of the affinity from weapon kills and 100% from warframe ability kills.

Not quite, it takes 2.5% of the affinity gained. When a fellow tenno kills an enemy your weapons get 25% affinity, of that 2.5% is converted into focus.

If you put it on your warframe then even weapon kills give focus since your warframe gets 50% of the affinity from weapon kills and 100% from warframe ability kills.

whoa, how did know this. Did you did this urself or from the wiki? [i wasn't interested in the mathematical section of the wiki]

Anyone put a lens on an Excalibur yet?

EB isn't exactly giving me any FP, no matter how many kills I get with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've did read some threads, and saw this situation in one of them. Apprently, using EB doesnt give you FP. This could be a potential bug...

I put a greater lens on loki prime and on my  jatt kittag. I wear nothing else. I use to go on albedo in Ceres. I stealth kill all the mobs in the main room. I manage to keep 500% stealth kill multiplier and upgrade my combo multiplier (with new mods). I need 40mn to do 100 000 focus. I'am looking for a quicker way.

I learned this from a rank 21 player, put a lens on your Valkyr (greater or normal doesn't matter) ugraded for Warcry, and one of the same school on your melee weapon. Go to Draco and only use melee while constantly casting your Warcry (DO NOT USE HYSTERIA). Warcry shares exp between the players in your team so I'm told. The focus points add up quickly. I found this a easy way to get upwards of 25,000+ every match and that was using regular lenses. Enjoy :)