The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Lone Wolves Are Out There?

nickelshark

Kind of a random question. I play solo most of the time only really going with groups if I really want to farm void or exp efficiently which is pretty rare for me. I even have my own clan with a massive dojo. I solo mostly due to my *&&^ internet but it also allows me to take the mission at my own pace and bring w/e I want.

So, do you solo a lot? Sometimes? If so why?

Poll for the sake of polling:

http://www.strawpoll.me/6185604

Typically I enjoy soloing missions of all kinds and don't really join groups unless I'm helping others in the clan I'm in.

On occassion, I join pubs for alerts when I'm not looking for it to be a challenge but the vast majority of my time is spent running missions solo.

As for why, I don't particularly have any abhorence towards playing with others, but solo helps me stay focused and play at my own pace for certain missions like spy. For missions like mobile defense and defense, it's more for the challenge, as I play Trinity more than any other frame.

Having to get up frequently, pause button is a must for me.

Syndicate missions, most of the time they go smoothly but sometimes you have that one person rushing trough the map collecting 0 marks/seed/medallions and cursing when you refuse to do the same.

Alert, getting stuck the host migration or with someone who has terrible connection is another reason not to engage.

Currently the new system from second dream also forced me into solo.

Nothing wrong with playing with people it's just sometimes i prefer to do things alone.

Edited by Morgax

I primarily run solo, mostly now because the friends I'd play with frequently have left for other games but I still manage to get them to come back every once in a while.

One of my pals finally got his rig upgraded and he's now looking to play more often, so I may soon fall from the noble ranks of the lone wolves.

I usually solo unless I want to play defense or interception, or of course a friend is online

pretty much this

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Rarely do I group up with other players, even from the clan I am in. If I run a mission that would be faster to run with others (Draco, defense, survival event missions, etc.) then I will run with a group of people or Pug it. Otherwise, I play solo, especially for spy missions. Ran a few where some of the players didn't wait and kept tripping the alarms and failing.

I always play solo, mainly because I have connection issues but also because my playstyle suits solo much better. I play with the likes of Limbo and Snipers, and running with a group of saryns and bullet hose weapons just don't allow me to get kills/xp/ etc :)

Kind of a random question. I play solo most of the time only really going with groups if I really want to farm void or exp efficiently which is pretty rare for me. I even have my own clan with a massive dojo. I solo mostly due to my *&&^ internet but it also allows me to take the mission at my own pace and bring w/e I want.

So, do you solo a lot? Sometimes? If so why?

Poll for the sake of polling:

http://www.strawpoll.me/6185604

I love this. i do as well i game on my laptop rather than my actual computer and i know it slows my playing, but since i like playing alone it only enforces it.

I usually play solo, yeah. Groups usually just slow me down. Needing to wait on others to help me open doors, waiting for them to get to elevators, waiting for them to get to extraction, and things like that just gets old. I can solo most content with Ember, but I'll group up for void and things.

I usually solo. But this is more due to not knowing anybody in this game and not having a clan.

I actually enjoy running with a coordinated squad but its been ages since i did that because all my friends left

Warframe and i just didnt bother looking for a new clan since.

But lucky me DE just released the perfect slow paced solo play frame Ivara. Before Ivara i generally picked loki or valkyr ,

rushed to my target and was done with whatever mission i played. But with Ivara i really slowed down my pace and play

a slow, controlled, stealthy and "manipulative" game.

Both of those styles, the rushed and the slow paced, are styles that don't go well with teams imo.

So yeah. I mainly solo these days.

I solo most of the time for pure immersions sake, that being said skill level has to be raised to solo after a certain point. In T4 and above (now including sorties) just top tier gear won't cut it anymore. 

Also i play mainly melee so thats an obvious hitch to efficiency in terms of kills per range.

I tend to solo often and with pretty much everything more often than not. Who'd have guessed with the name I have? XD

My own name joking aside, there are two reasons why:

1: it pushes me to work well on my own if I'm doing co-op and I'm separated by my team mates, I know I can manage being solo if the situation gets difficult.

And 2: I can go at my own pace, fast or slow... or mess around in a mission with silly load outs and not having it impact someone else's experience. I'd rather a mistake happened in solo than in a group that could be a hindrance.

But that aside, I do like playing with others, even pugs. As it lets me see how some people play their chosen frames, and it gives me ideas on how I can utilise such methods myself, or to put my own spin on such play styles.

I solo Story Line Quests cause i want to keep track of the story conversations and proceed in the mission at my own pace and when i have plenty of void keys to burn.

I solo SPY missions cause sometimes i get teammates splitting, rushing and/or triggering alarms. I do that mistake too sometimes, but having more teammates multiplies the odds for this type of mission.

On other missions i'd like to have a full team, but sometimes i can't find one as a sector is not played enough to find a team or, i get those players that tries to extract before 20 minutes or at 5 minutes in a survival mission.

I solo most of the time so I can do the missions at my own pace and explore all sorts of stuff. I also have an internet connection slower than continental drift so anyone who plays with me is gonna have a bad time. I've also joined pugs that were really uncomfortable (rude players, worse connection than mine, etc) that really push me away from public/recruiting.

I do rarely join other people though, especially if I don't feel like doing a mission by myself or if I just feel lonely. Lately, I've been showing people how to do spy missions without tripping alarms because running them by myself has gotten pretty boring lol.