The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Getting Over The...

Mordad

You also broke the spoiler. So much salt in this topic though.

Maybe its just me but I was totally fine. They're stuck in a area that supposedly time slows down considerably (My Theory on the Void) and the Tenno were inside a Cryopod. And with Sci-Fi Logic... Cryogenics usually slows down aging considerably.

While I am okay with the idea of what the tenno are,

I agree on one thing....

Some of the lines are really cringeworthy.... and they kinda ruin the beauty the second dream has created.

"My warframe is strong"

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH YOU DON'T SAY ......OMG NUUUUUHHH

Ah... The operator.

We clear out a mission.

"There has to be more ahead."

TECHNICALLY correct as we we're sitting around waiting for Void Vor to show up.

And then there's the lines that simply piss me off.

"Grineer have no honor."

THEY'RE LITERALLY AN HONOR BASED HIERARCHIAL SOCIETY.

Have an open mind dood!

"The corpus don't fight for themselves."

Oh please. ARE YOU BLIND?! Do not make me slap you.

Edited by Ziegrif

This was my frames reaction to learning they were 'piloted' by a child.

If you think a bit about it, they are at least a millennium old (they are from a different era). Anyways they might be young on the outside but in reality they are still skillful warriors, trained for a mental combat rather than a purely physical one.  

Edited by DuncanHydroho

I want to do this sooo much!! and yes I know that would either be suicide or make the game permadeath, I don't care I still really want to do it...

The Third Dream, coming this summer. Getting a choice between being an emo teenager sitting in a chair and being free like the Stalker would be an easy one. The 'year of choices' is coming! 

Comic was awesome. 

The Third Dream, coming this summer. Getting a choice between being an emo teenager sitting in a chair and being free like the Stalker would be an easy one. The 'year of choices' is coming! 

Comic was awesome. 

Actually, a sort of Tenno Civil/Inner War story arch might make for an interesting development.  Maybe as a PVP faction choice or something.  

You could take a page from Dark Souls.  If you off your operator, you become like the stalker (a mad, rage-devoured construct, hell-bent on some sort of vengeance).  This would allow you to invade other players.  

Probably would never happen, but it would be entertaining.

I tried to make mine as normal as possible.

In the orbiter it looked okay. In a transmission he looks like he has a square head and neck. Like the eraser end of a pencil.

And the quotes, my gawd the quotes...

I shot a corpus, who was just doing his patrol, in the face with both rounds of my S .Tigris WHILE INVISIBLE. Result was: "We fought with honour!" much honour, wow...

Ah... The operator.

We clear out a mission.

"There has to be more ahead."

TECHNICALLY correct as we we're sitting around waiting for Void Vor to show up.

And then there's the lines that simply piss me off.

"Grineer have no honor."

THEY'RE LITERALLY AN HONOR BASED HIERARCHIAL SOCIETY.

Have an open mind dood!

"The corpus don't fight for themselves."

Oh please. ARE YOU BLIND?! Do not make me slap you.

Considering how Vey Hek was the most powerful grineer alive prior to the Queens booting him, I'd say they're not honorable at all.

Senapi-Pie...  that comic...

I love you, HAHA!

"My warframe is so strong."  - kid in the back room.

Really... REALLY?!

Can't even begin to express my rage at this line.  So bad on so many levels.

Years of playing a warframe, and having to put up with this fresh nonsense.

Edited by Mordad

Senapi-Pie...  that comic...

I love you, HAHA!

"My warframe is so strong."  - kid in the back room.

Really... REALLY?!

Can't even begin to express my rage at this line.  So bad on so many levels.

Years of playing a warframe, and having to put up with this fresh nonsense.

You can switch it off in audio options.

You also broke the spoiler. So much salt in this topic though.

Maybe its just me but I was totally fine. They're stuck in a area that supposedly time slows down considerably (My Theory on the Void) and the Tenno were inside a Cryopod. And with Sci-Fi Logic... Cryogenics usually slows down aging considerably.

No it's not just you. This lore bomb was actually very well received. The amount of threads praising DE for it was astronomical during the first few days of the update. Now everyone who loved it are playing the game, while those that hated it are here wasting their time badmouthing it.

There's constructive criticism, and then there's just plain criticism. Guess which one DE will actually listen to.

Edit: Also alot of the criticism in this thread is about how the operator says something that doesn't pertain to the mission. That's more of a glitch than anything else, and will be no doubt fixed in a patch.

Edited by Cidolfus

No it's not just you. This lore bomb was actually very well received.

Yeah, and even the recent straw poll thread was pretty clear that the response is strongly positive overall.

It's really a repeat of the Parkour 2.0 incident, only instead of distressed coptering addicts, we have a bunch of distressed lore-hounds whose hedcanons have exploded. 

And they keep whingeing. 

And idiots like me keep arguing with them :)

So basically, just forum noise as usual. :D

It's really a repeat of the Parkour 2.0 incident, only instead of distressed coptering addicts, we have a bunch of distressed lore-hounds whose hedcanons have exploded.

I think these gifs sums it up very well.

Those that loved the lore: tumblr_ml2hc5rrfG1qzjovto1_500.gif

Those that didn't: 5frKqEa.gif

If you think a bit about it, they are at least a millennium old (they are from a different era). Anyways they might be young on the outside but in reality they are still skillful warriors, trained for a mental combat rather than a purely physical one.  

I meet patients with Alzheimer who had more clue of what was going on then the lines these millennium old warriors babble to themselves.

They are inept and seems to suffer from a severe case of memory loss.

I could dump a player who has never played warframe in their life and they would understand how moronic the lines the operators sprew out are.  

I meet patients with Alzheimer who had more clue of what was going on then the lines these millennium old warriors babble to themselves.

They are inept and seems to suffer from a severe case of memory loss.

I could dump a player who has never played warframe in their life and they would understand how moronic the lines the operators sprew out are.  

Which lines? If you're talking about lines that don't fit the context of their current situation, that's more of a glitch than anything else and can be patched. Other than that, at least so far, the lines have been "okay". Not great, I'll admit to that. Only line I can think of that you might be referring to is something like "The infested are horrible. I think they absorb their victims". Should be common knowledge that Infested do that, so the 'I think' part indeed doesn't make sense.

If you want DE - or any dev team - to improve on a problem, you have to be a bit more in depth. Just saying "I don't like it" and insulting them tells them absolutely nothing.

Edited by Cidolfus

Most of the lines dont fit the context of the current situation the others are just so cringe worthy that i cant understand why people defend them.

But sure if you want examples on how bad they are you need not to look futher then

We fought with honor

or

My warframe is strong.

In what context would these banal words hold any meaning at all?

I'm still very on the fence for this portion of the lore. I accept and appreciate the surrogate concept and have no strong feelings about the operators...but still really hope the frames themselves have an identity of their own that we must discover.