Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers Galore] How Will New Players Experience The Story?

The_Markness

SPOILERS, you've been warned :)

Us old players saw the game slowly unfold and have had great fun with all the mystery, but what about new players?

I'm talking about major quests and all those events.
There should be a gradual unlocking of the major quests and events to the players so they aren't missing out on the experience us veterans have had.
I know this is partially already implemented for some of the quests. But why not tie everything together?

Everybody gets Vor's Prize, a great introduction to Darvo, Vor and the Grineer.

Then you should get the Gradivous Dillema, which introduces Sargas Ruk and Alad V.

Alad V's saga is important because he introduces the infestation and Eris with Once Awake and Patient Zero, right?

At some point the fomorian threat happens.

Then Vey Hek's conquest of Earth.

Etc.

And after the player does all these he gets to the meat of the story:
Stolen dreams -> The New Strange -> Natah -> Second Dream.

Maybe these four quests could be in between the other missions, sort of building up like Marvel is doing with Thanos and the Infinity War.

Basically how a lot of MMOs do it, such as Guild Wars 2. You have your side quests then your main story missions, which unlock the world, the game and of course the story.

Edited by The_Markness

Considering you need both mastery rank and a fair amount of star chart access, plus gear, to get through all the quests leading to The Second Dream, I don't think new players are in any danger of burning through it too fast. I do hope they find a way to retrofit some of the older story events as quests, though, if only to bridge the gap on things like Alad V becoming (and then unbecoming) Infested.

I think DE should bring back the old events and quests, in a form of a linear (maybe branching) "campaign".

The campaign's missions, after being completed for the first time, could be replayable.

Sort of like Destiny does it with its' story missions (if I understand that correctly, not actually having played Destiny myself)

Edited by Shifted

As far as I know, the Stolen Dreams is required for The New Strange, and Natah is required for Second Dream. The events (probably) won't come back, however they aren't too nescassary for the enjoyment of the quests.

That would be a shame because it makes the game much richer. Right new when telling friends about the game I show them all the trailers for example Alad V, because by just playing the game you don't get the full scope of what that thing was.

Edited by The_Markness

That would be a shame because it makes the game much richer. Right new when telling friends about the game I show them all the trailers for example Alad V, because by just playing the game you don't get the full scope of what that thing was.

It does how ever spare them the process of speculating, growing attached to their speculation and finaly becoming anguished when it is disproven.

It does how ever spare them the process of speculating, growing attached to their speculation and finaly becoming anguished when it is disproven.

Hehe, yeah I remember thinking to myself "Oh man, so much fanart just went out the window" when completing the Second Dream. I know a lot of people assigned personalities and background to warframes, when really the frames are just hollow bodies.

Even I wanted to make a comic where Chroma's pelt is actually an evil split personality which he constantly argues with :P